Thread: Any traders here?

Any traders here?

I've been spending the last few months making a serious go at learning how to trade.
    Is anyone else here a trader?

I've been using Robin Hood to learn with only $50, buying <$5 stocks, a couple shares at a time, to get all the early blow-ups out of the way... so I'm using real money, just not much of it.

I don't want to bump up against the PDT rule, so I'm trying to implement a strategy where I buy down gaps with strong technicals in the hope of a snap back, and ride it out for a day.

If you're trading, ever done anything programatically? I have an E*TRADE acct through work and was thinking about trying to write a program that would automate buying and selling, maybe doing dozens of trades in a day, but that would mean having to actively deal with PDT rule.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not really . When I was younger I was a buyer , When I was older a seller . I do not fool with many at all anymore .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I've been spending the last few months making a serious go at learning how to trade.
    Is anyone else here a trader?

I've been using Robin Hood to learn with only $50, buying <$5 stocks, a couple shares at a time, to get all the early blow-ups out of the way... so I'm using real money, just not much of it.

I don't want to bump up against the PDT rule, so I'm trying to implement a strategy where I buy down gaps with strong technicals in the hope of a snap back, and ride it out for a day.

If you're trading, ever done anything programatically? I have an E*TRADE acct through work and was thinking about trying to write a program that would automate buying and selling, maybe doing dozens of trades in a day, but that would mean having to actively deal with PDT rule.
    I think Robin Hood is structured to allow you to trade at levels just under what would trigger the PDT rules, isn't it?

I like Robin Hood a lot, by the way.

I traded a wool blanket and a pair of mules for Mrs O .
    Do something Danke