Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 64

Thread: What is your denomination?

  1. #1

    What is your denomination?

    Just out of curiosity, and since there aren't many active members left, it'd be kewl to know y'alls denomination. I don't think there's been a thread on this.

    If you're non-denominational then please elaborate if you care to.

    Me? Reformed Baptist
    Last edited by tfurrh; 11-12-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Binary or Decimal , I typically prefer to consider myself an spiritual yet agnostic square route.

  4. #3
    I'm nondenominational. Doctrinally I'm dispensationalist and otherwise pretty close to Reformed Baptist.

  5. #4
    Missouri Synod Lutheran but my dog tags just said Lutheran.
    Do something Danke

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Just out of curiosity, and since there aren't many active members left, it'd be kewl to know y'alls denomination. I don't think there's been a thread on this.

    If you're non-denominational then please elaborate if you care to.

    Me? Reformed Baptist
    It could be more fun to just guess denominations . Here at RPF's there are so many , democrats , dog lovers , dirty libertarians , Catholics , vaxers , anti vaxers , vegans , aliens, Methodists etc
    Do something Danke

  7. #6
    Non Religious Believer..

    A Druidic Christian for Denominational Reference.

    a Non Specific Irregularity..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It could be more fun to just guess denominations . Here at RPF's there are so many , democrats , dog lovers , dirty libertarians , Catholics , vaxers , anti vaxers , vegans , aliens, Methodists etc
    Yeah no joke.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Just out of curiosity, and since there aren't many active members left, it'd be kewl to know y'alls denomination. I don't think there's been a thread on this.

    If you're non-denominational then please elaborate if you care to.

    Me? Reformed Baptist
    Non-denominational Christian Minister, under a VoP.
    There is no spoon.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Presbyterian (PCA)
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

  12. #10
    Non-denominational Christian who accepts God's Word as the final authority.

    "The word "denomination" comes from the same root word as denominator in fractions, which means to divide."

    We have enough divide in this world and Satan loves divide and confusion.

    The Origin Of Denominations
    http://www.netbiblestudy.net/bulletin/new_page_132.htm
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  13. #11
    Seventh Day Adventist, but does it matter? Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and though shalt be saved.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Seventh Day Adventist, but does it matter? Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and though shalt be saved.
    James 2:20
    20 “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?”
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    James 2:20
    20 “But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?”
    If your doctor says stop smoking or you will die, a sign of that belief is that you stop smoking.

    But since you gave a reference to your scripture quote, mine is Act 16:30-31

    He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

    They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."


    Also, you just disproved your own previous post where you linked to "why are there so many denominations?" The clear answer isn't because Lutherans wanted to "honor Luther" as that article falsely claimed. The reason is as Luther realized the church he belonged to wanted teaching what he understood to be sound doctrine he challenged what he thought was wrong and got put out. The people who agreed with him got put out too. So they formed their own congregations. Did you know that Christians didn't initially call themselves Christians or see themselves as separate from Jews? They got put out of the synagogues for preaching that Jesus was the Messiah. Before that they worshiped every Sabbath with all of the other Jews. The name "Christian" was put on them by outsiders.

    Acts 11:26
    And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

    Anyway, back to my original point. You are saved when you accept the Lord Jesus Christ. There is a period after that statement. He not only leads you to accept Him, but He also leads you to let Him change you.

    Here is another verse in the Bible that people overlook on the denomination question.

    Matthew 10:34-36 English Standard Version (ESV)

    34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.


    What is the "sword" Jesus is talking about?

    Hebrews 4:12

    For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.


    The Bible, by its very nature, brings division. I you find yourself, like Martin Luther, a part of a church that is teaching against what you understand to be true in the Bible, you have one of three choices. You can stay and keep your mouth shut. You can speak up and risk getting kicked out (what Luther did), or you can leave. If you leave you can worship on your own, or you can find other people who believe the same as you and worship together. You've now formed a "church" even if you don't give it a "denomination" (name). Because you were founded on beliefs different from the church you left, you have a new "creed" even if you don't call it that.

    Worshiping on your own without joining some other believers is unbiblical. Paul said in Hebrews 10:24-25 "24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

    Good works are not expected of the sinner coming to Christ. Ephesians 2:8 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Rather good works comes from a body of believers deciding how best to do good for the outside community.

    These are the "works" James was talking about.

    Matthew 25:34-36

    34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

    In fact, all you have to do is read the context of James 2 to understand what it is really saying.

    James 2:14-19
    14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

    18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.


    If you belong to a church that isn't out feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, taking care of the sick, housing the homeless, etc then you are a part of a dead church.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    If your doctor says stop smoking or you will die, a sign of that belief is that you stop smoking.

    But since you gave a reference to your scripture quote, mine is Act 16:30-31

    He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

    They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."


    Also, you just disproved your own previous post where you linked to "why are there so many denominations?" The clear answer isn't because Lutherans wanted to "honor Luther" as that article falsely claimed. The reason is as Luther realized the church he belonged to wanted teaching what he understood to be sound doctrine he challenged what he thought was wrong and got put out. The people who agreed with him got put out too. So they formed their own congregations. Did you know that Christians didn't initially call themselves Christians or see themselves as separate from Jews? They got put out of the synagogues for preaching that Jesus was the Messiah. Before that they worshiped every Sabbath with all of the other Jews. The name "Christian" was put on them by outsiders.

    Acts 11:26
    And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

    Anyway, back to my original point. You are saved when you accept the Lord Jesus Christ. There is a period after that statement. He not only leads you to accept Him, but He also leads you to let Him change you.

    Here is another verse in the Bible that people overlook on the denomination question.

    Matthew 10:34-36 English Standard Version (ESV)

    34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.


    What is the "sword" Jesus is talking about?

    Hebrews 4:12

    For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.


    The Bible, by its very nature, brings division. I you find yourself, like Martin Luther, a part of a church that is teaching against what you understand to be true in the Bible, you have one of three choices. You can stay and keep your mouth shut. You can speak up and risk getting kicked out (what Luther did), or you can leave. If you leave you can worship on your own, or you can find other people who believe the same as you and worship together. You've now formed a "church" even if you don't give it a "denomination" (name). Because you were founded on beliefs different from the church you left, you have a new "creed" even if you don't call it that.

    Worshiping on your own without joining some other believers is unbiblical. Paul said in Hebrews 10:24-25 "24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

    Good works are not expected of the sinner coming to Christ. Ephesians 2:8 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Rather good works comes from a body of believers deciding how best to do good for the outside community.

    These are the "works" James was talking about.

    Matthew 25:34-36

    34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

    In fact, all you have to do is read the context of James 2 to understand what it is really saying.

    James 2:14-19
    14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

    18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.


    If you belong to a church that isn't out feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, taking care of the sick, housing the homeless, etc then you are a part of a dead church.
    The only thing we can take with us when we die is our faith and our works. Without works, the world may just come along and snatch your faith from you.

    Denomination is man-made and a Tradition of Men. No where in God's Word does it say you must be a certain denomination.

    2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

    Revelation 20:12 (KJV)
    12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The only thing we can take with us when we die is our faith and our works. Without works, the world may just come along and snatch your faith from you.
    Verse please. In fact you are directly contradicting Jesus.

    John 10:27-29 New International Version (NIV)
    27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.


    Jesus doesn't say "Work really hard or the world will snatch salvation out of your hand." Jesus says "You are in my hands an nothing can snatch you out of my hands." So...the real question is, do you really believe in Jesus? It seems like you don't.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    No where in God's Word does it say you must be a certain denomination.
    Nowhere in the literature of most denominations does it say you must be of that denomination either.

    Granted, some do say that. And that's wrong of them. But simply belonging to a denomination doesn't entail making such a claim.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Nowhere in the literature of most denominations does it say you must be of that denomination either.

    Granted, some do say that. And that's wrong of them. But simply belonging to a denomination doesn't entail making such a claim.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Superfluous Man again.

    Nailed it!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Verse please. In fact you are directly contradicting Jesus.

    John 10:27-29 New International Version (NIV)
    27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.


    Jesus doesn't say "Work really hard or the world will snatch salvation out of your hand." Jesus says "You are in my hands an nothing can snatch you out of my hands." So...the real question is, do you really believe in Jesus? It seems like you don't.
    If you have faith, you will know others by their deeds [works]. Satan gas gets a way with tempting others to turn away from God. Anyone can say they have faith in God, but his deeds will prove to others s/he are not hypocrites.

    Titus 3:8 - [This is] a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

    Matthew 5:16 - Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

    Hebrews 6:10 - For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

    James 2:20-24 - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? (Read More...)

    Titus 2:7 - In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine [shewing] uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

    Hebrews 13:21 - Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

    Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (Read More...)
    Last edited by donnay; 11-13-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Anyone can say they have faith in God, but his deeds will prove to others s/he are not hypocrites.
    That's true. Merely saying you have faith is no guarantee that you have eternal life. But actually having faith (at least faith of the kind the Jesus and the apostles were talking about) does. And this doesn't depend on your ability to prove that to another human being. Yes, saving faith naturally leads to good works. But this doesn't negate the promise that all who have faith also have eternal life.

  23. #20
    non-denominational

    "DO NOT CALL YOURSELF TEACHER OR RABBI"- some guy


    its too divisive to some...

    why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

    Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

  24. #21
    I am blessed and humbled to be a baptized member of the One, Holy, Catholic Apostolic Church (now commonly called the Eastern Orthodox Church) of Jesus Christ.

    The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman.

    It isn't non-denominational - it is pre-denominational.

    It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Nowhere in the literature of most denominations does it say you must be of that denomination either.

    Granted, some do say that. And that's wrong of them. But simply belonging to a denomination doesn't entail making such a claim.
    The Origin Of Denominations
    http://www.netbiblestudy.net/bulletin/new_page_132.htm
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The Pope of Rome was the first Protestant

    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

  27. #24
    Really we are all our own denominations in this life until we are truly united in the next with God. Even the most orthodox in in any sect will disagree with another in the same sect. I gotta go with jmdrake, it is true faith that counts.

    That said, I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If you have faith, you will know others by their deeds [works]. Satan gas a way of tempting others to turn away from God. Anyone can say they have faith in God, but his deeds will prove to others s/he are not hypocrites.
    Right. But that is totally different from saying if you must do works to keep the world from snatching salvation from your hands!

    You have not provided a single Bible verse to support that claim. In fact the opposite is true. Let's go through each verse you posted.

    Titus 3:8 - [This is] a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

    Good works are indeed "good and profitable unto men." No debate there. But that doesn't mean you do good works to keep the world from snatching your salvation!

    Matthew 5:16 - Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

    Yes. Good works bring glory to God. No debate there. But that doesn't mean you do good works to keep the world from snatching your salvation!

    Hebrews 6:10 - For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

    Yes. God will not forget your good works. No debate there. But that doesn't mean you do good works to keep the world from snatching your salvation!

    James 2:20-24 - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

    Yes. Faith without works is dead. A church that doesn't do good works is dead. No debate there. But that doesn't mean you do good works to keep the world from snatching your salvation!

    Titus 2:7 - In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine [shewing] uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

    Yes. Good works should be encourage. That's why you need to be part of a church. (In other words a "denomination"). No debate there. But that doesn't mean you do good works to keep the world from snatching your salvation!


    Hebrews 13:21 - Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.


    Yes. Good works are pleasing to Jesus. No debate there. But that doesn't mean you do good works to keep the world from snatching your salvation!

    Ephesians 2:8-10 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

    Look at the part you left out!

    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.


    Why did you snip out the part "Not of works, lest any man should boast?"
    Last edited by jmdrake; 11-13-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Really we are all our own denominations in this life until we are truly united in the next with God. Even the most orthodox in in any sect will disagree with another in the same sect. I gotta go with jmdrake, it is true faith that counts.

    That said, I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian.
    I agree. We should be able to think in terms of both unity and diversity within the Church simultaneously. Not only is it possible to discern groups within the one Church (and always has been going back to the first generation), but also subdivisions within those groups ultimately getting down to the level of each and every individual believer, no two of whom are identical.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I don't think you understand what you are copying and pasting.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    The Pope of Rome was the first Protestant

    Interesting perspective!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    I am blessed and humbled to be a baptized member of the One, Holy, Catholic Apostolic Church (now commonly called the Eastern Orthodox Church) of Jesus Christ.

    The Orthodox Church is evangelical, but not Protestant. It is orthodox, but not Jewish. It is catholic, but not Roman.

    It isn't non-denominational - it is pre-denominational.

    It has believed, taught, preserved, defended and died for the Faith of the Apostles since the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago.
    (Ana)Baptists too argue that their position is pre-denominational.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

  34. #30
    Catholic church but I became agnostic back in 2013.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Choosing a denomination, church, and pastor
    By P3ter_Griffin in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 08:38 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 12:40 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 09:48 PM
  5. What's Your Favorite PM Coin Denomination?
    By SevenEyedJeff in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 08:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •