Thread: Trump renews call for negative U.S. interest rates

Trump renews call for negative U.S. interest rates

Give me some of that: Trump renews call for negative U.S. interest rates
    November 12, 2019

NEW YORK (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Tuesday renewed his criticism of the Federal Reserve’s raising and then cutting of interest rates, saying the central bank had put the United States at a competitive disadvantage with other countries and calling for negative interest rates.

Trump in a speech to the Economic Club of New York claimed credit for an unparalleled economic boom, which he said was despite the Fed’s rate increases early in his presidency.

“Remember we are actively competing with nations that openly cut interest rates so that many are now actually getting paid when they pay off their loan, known as negative interest. Who ever heard of such a thing?” He said. “Give me some of that. Give me some of that money. I want some of that money. Our Federal Reserve doesn’t let us do it.”
    More: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1XM2B7
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The economic idiocy of Trumponomics on full display. And people actually support this economic cretin's policies.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Video with more context...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    The economic idiocy of Trumponomics on full display. And people actually support this economic cretin's policies.
    He went broke four times and came out of it with a Manhattan condo with gold plated toilets and his own 727. Now he has parlayed that into the White House and a 747.

Is it surprising that idiots would say, "Give me some if that"? Thing is, we don't get it, we pay for it. We paid to bail out the banks he cheated with bankruptcy and we pay for his jet fuel by having our savings and wages devalued through inflation.

People want some to trickle down. But the wealth of We, the People has been defying gravity for decades. It only trickles up these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He went broke four times and came out of it with a Manhattan condo with gold plated toilets and his own 727. Now he has parlayed that into the White House and a 747.

Is it surprising that idiots would say, "Give me some if that"? Thing is, we don't get it, we pay for it. We paid to bail out the banks he cheated with bankruptcy and we pay for his jet fuel by having our savings and wages devalued through inflation.

People want some to trickle down. But the wealth of We, the People has been defying gravity for decades. It only trickles up these days.

People would do well to remember that there is no "trickle down," not really. All there reallyis is "get the $#@! out of our way and leave us alone to do it for ourselves."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    People would do well to remember that there is no "trickle down," not really. All there reallyis is "get the $#@! out of our way and leave us alone to do it for ourselves."
    Yes, we'd all be doing well if voters could only learn that.

MAGA? Yo. Politicians have never made America great. Not even once.
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES