Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stone: The Last Republican in America

Rolling Stone: The Last Republican in America

Justin Amash: The Last Republican in America

Great profile on Amash. Below is my favorite part:

Pye [FreedomWorks lobbyist] didn’t love the budget bill either, but without it, there were no tax cuts. So Pye blasted out an email pressuring members of Congress to support the bill; those that didn’t would take a hit to their score as a “true conservative.” When he got back from lunch, there was a banker’s box on the couch in his office. No note, no return address. Inside was every trophy FreedomWorks had awarded Justin Amash.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Such a smart guy. Too bad he's such a nerd he can't figure out party is more important than principle.

It's o.k. if the whole nation loses, as long as the GOP wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Unfortunately he's failed to show the "proper" level of obsequiousness toward Trump, so he's a "traitor." Just ask the all wise, all knowing SS.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Justin Amash: The Last Republican in America

Great profile on Amash. Below is my favorite part:
    I agree. I loved this quote.

"Politicians take tough votes all the time, holding their noses to get something passed. Only Amash would get so upset at being asked to compromise his beliefs that he would respond with a gesture any reasonable person would interpret as: $#@! you. “He really is one of the most principled lawmakers out there,” Pye says. “Sometimes, he’s principled to a fault.”

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Such a smart guy. Too bad he's such a nerd he can't figure out party is more important than principle.

It's o.k. if the whole nation loses, as long as the GOP wins!

Happier days on this forum.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Funny how the very principled Thomas Massie never gets caught up in the bull$#@!. But, then, he doesn't get 'Rolling Stone' write-ups either. But out of any of them he is hands down my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Unfortunately he's failed to show the "proper" level of obsequiousness toward Trump, so he's a "traitor." Just ask the all wise, all knowing SS.
    Endorsing a treasonous coup makes one a traitor.
    It's that simple.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Funny how the very principled Thomas Massie never gets caught up in the bull$#@!. But, then, he doesn't get 'Rolling Stone' write-ups either. But out of any of them he is hands down my favorite.
    It's funny to watch the TDS crowd fall in love with the MSM and all the other swamp creatures who love Amash now that he endorsed their treason.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Happier days on this forum.

Two of them had the sense not to endorse treason.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, that is the new tactic from all the trolls.
    They just assert lies over and over no matter how often they are exposed.
    Endorsing a treasonous coup makes one a traitor.
    It's that simple.
    It's funny to watch the TDS crowd fall in love with the MSM and all the other swamp creatures who love Amash now that he endorsed their treason.
    Two of them had the sense not to endorse treason.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The truth bears repetition.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

By all means then let us know when you intend to start repeating something truthful.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    By all means then let us know when you intend to start repeating something truthful.
    Argue with Ron, he says it's a CIA coup, and since they are working with foreigners it is treason as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Argue with Ron, he says it's a CIA coup, and since they are working with foreigners it is treason as well.
    Not outright, no. Care to quote Ron Paul saying everyone who wants the investigation to play out is complicit in this possible coup attempt?

Not outright, no. Care to quote Ron Paul saying everyone who wants the investigation to play out is complicit in this possible coup attempt?
    Ron doesn't have to say that.
    And this isn't an investigation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And he is an RPF alumnus. Wish he would still come around here parts.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am often asked how many intelligence assets work in the press. In my experience it is easier to answer who isn't working for the IC. Some "journalists" are operatives masquerading as reporters, others are contractors. Intelligence is spreading propaganda, creating a narrative.
    — Svetlana Lokhova (@RealSLokhova) November 11, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron doesn't have to say that.
    And this isn't an investigation.
    Ron won't say that, because he doesn't believe it. And since you're ignoring the point, I'll reiterate: Amash came out for an investigation. Schiff had not yet begun to shape the course of the thing yet when that happened.

You keep trying to blame Amash ex post facto for things Schiff has done since Amash was hounded out if the GOP. You're not making that sale.

Ron won't say that, because he doesn't believe it. And since you're ignoring the point, I'll reiterate: Amash came out for an investigation. Schiff had not yet begun to shape the course of the thing yet when that happened.

You keep trying to blame Amash ex post facto for things Schiff has done since Amash was hounded out if the GOP. You're not making that sale.
    The impeachment was bogus when Amash endorsed it, what Schiff has done since only makes it worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The impeachment was bogus when Amash endorsed it, what Schiff has done since only makes it worse.
    Got proof?

Did Amash have proof at the time?

Did you condemn Amash at the time because you knew then what you know now, or just because...

Got proof?

Did Amash have proof at the time?

Did you condemn Amash at the time because you knew then what you know now, or just because...

You can't change history:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...31615952236546

Dismantling Justin Amash’s Obstruction Argument

Amash pledges to join Democrats to impeach Trump

Amash: ‘Highly Incriminating Transcript’ of Ukraine Phone Call Justifies Trump’s Impeachment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You aren't refuting anything. The only people who could possibly think any of that disproves my points are people who don't understand any of that.

You aren't refuting anything. The only people who could possibly think any of that disproves my points are people who don't understand any of that.
    Says the man who doesn't understand it.

Amash endorsed an impeachment on bogus charges which was part of an illegal coup involving foreigners.
    And the evidence that it is an illegal treasonous coup has been well known so he can't claim ignorance.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Says the man who doesn't understand it.

Amash endorsed an impeachment on bogus charges which was part of an illegal coup involving foreigners.
    And the evidence that it is an illegal treasonous coup has been well known so he can't claim ignorance.
    Impeachment is not in and of itself treasonous or a coup. And given a choice between taking your word or Amash's word for whether the charges are bogus, and/or whether they looked bogus at that time, well, I have bad news. You've lied to me far, far more often than he has.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like Amash a lot and love his voting record, I also think he is one of the most principled reps in Congress. Having said that, I think his support for Trump impeachment has nothing to do with principle but rather a personal beef he has with Trump. The MSM is loving him just because of his opposition to Trump, without it he would never get a positive write up like that in the rolling stone.

I wish him the very best and hope he gets off this silly impeachment fast.
    Last edited by juleswin; 11-12-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Impeachment is not in and of itself treasonous or a coup. And given a choice between taking your word or Amash's word for whether the charges are bogus, and/or whether they looked bogus at that time, well, I have bad news. You've lied to me far, far more often than he has.

The charges are self evidently bogus in both cases and it has been proven by people other than me.
    And you are just making things up about me now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The charges are self evidently bogus in both cases and it has been proven by people other than me.
    And you are just making things up about me now.
    What Amash knows about it is not self evident.

Because Thomas is smart enough to know that as a Republican elected official he shouldn't cross his base. There are ways to call out Trump for things tactfully. Thomas understands this, Justin does not.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I agree. I loved this quote.

"Politicians take tough votes all the time, holding their noses to get something passed. Only Amash would get so upset at being asked to compromise his beliefs that he would respond with a gesture any reasonable person would interpret as: $#@! you. “He really is one of the most principled lawmakers out there,” Pye says. “Sometimes, he’s principled to a fault.”
    Man. That sounds familiar.

Amash was not 'hounded out.' He created his own current reality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast