Thread: Firefighters Refuse To Put Out Fire, House Burns, Arson Suspected

Firefighters Refuse To Put Out Fire, House Burns, Arson Suspected

I saw this on another site last night, and I can't get it out of my head. It's just a classic story of a rich guy owning a town, and doing everything required to get what he wants. These are the people that win in this country. People who patiently wait for the court system for their "justice" never end up winners.

Short version: Grandma and Granpa live many years in a house that is land-locked, but they have a right-of-way. Granpa dies, rich neighbors who own the surrounding land immediately start to pressure Grandma to sell. Grandma falls and is hospitalized, when she is released she discovers her right-of-way has been cut off. Two $#@!ing years later, an appeals court finally decides she indeed has a right-of-way. House burns down within 24 hours, police and firefighters refuse to put the fire out.

No doubt rich bully guy knows she won't do anything. Maybe sue, but she'll lose. 'Merica.

Here's the story, bolding mine: My 73 year old grandmother's house burnt down one day after she won in court against her neighbors

TL;DR My grandmother's neighbors took her to court when she wouldn't sell her land, she won in court and the next day her house burns down. While the fire was burning, police, among other incidents of unfairness, refused to cut Hoehne's illegal fences for emergency services. Please make this viral so her suffering can't be swept under a rug again.

Here are the longwinded facts: Shortly following my grandfather, Jesse Lott passing neighbors Arthur and Susan Hoehne tried to convince my grandmother to sell her land. After she refused, they denied her access to her landlocked farm and filed charges for theft of cattle, trespassing, and destruction of property. You can Google their court case using his name and my grandmother's, Patsy Lott.

Over two years later in court, Thursday November 9th 2019, much to Arthur Hoehne's anger the judge awarded my grandmother easement (legal right to pass through Hoehne's land). This is what the house looked like by 4 pm the next day. At least four generations of baby books and pictures, diplomas, all of Papa Jesse's belongings, everything you'd expect in your typical grandmother's house, gone.

Then there's the memories. It was so safe there. All the food any of us kids could ever want, hugs and kisses, playtime with the farm animals and chores in the garden. It was paradise in a world that wasn't the best to some kids. And all my grandmother wanted to do was live out rest of her days in her house. It may not have been a mansion full of riches, but it was certainly a house full of treasures. Now, it's ashes.

The Fire Marshal is supposed to come Monday, but even if this is ruled as arson, proving who did it will be difficult. And the local police, among other incidences, refused to allow fences Hoehne had erected illegally on my grandmother's land to be cut for the fire department to get to her house…

Please please help my grandmother get viral. If enough people know about this maybe, hopefully the authorities will actually take interest in figuring out who did this.

EDIT, MORE RESEARCH: The judge granted my grandmother easement, but hadn't decided on which way through Arthur and Susan Hoehne's property she could go through yet.

Deputies at first refused to allow my grandmother to her property, stating that they might put her in handcuffs. When she eventually was allowed to cross her neighbors land, the back of the house was still in flames. However the deputies would only cut the chain on the fence, and told both her and volunteer firefighters that there was no point in breaking the fence down to let fire trucks through, as the house was "mostly burnt down".

There was tall grass all around her property, and the fire STOPPED IN THE TALL GRASS, there was mud present where it stopped. Someone poured water on the fire to stop it from spreading before my grandmother, the PD and volunteer FD came into the property
    +
    In the comments, it didn't take long for people to determine that the land potentially is very valuable because of the gas and oil rights.

I didn't start out thinking that anti-vax people were fools or impervious to reason, it's from my experience here that I now think that.
    - AmyPi 2014 (RIP)

Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was she current on her vaccines ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Was she current on her vaccines ?
    Well she doesn't sound retarded, so I would assume so. But I'd guess you aren't.

Go away, useless troll.

I didn't start out thinking that anti-vax people were fools or impervious to reason, it's from my experience here that I now think that.
    - AmyPi 2014 (RIP)

Anti-vaxxers, responsible for a 30 percent uptick in totally preventable diseases in the world, have blood on their hands. They shouldn't be considered civilized members of society. If they refuse to listen to a century of scientific studies confirming time and time again that vaccination is an unquestionable good for humanity, then it's time for us to start treating anti-vaxxers as what they are: dangerous and worthy of shame and condemnation. If we can't convince anti-vaxxers to change their minds, we must attach enough social stigma to the delusion that agnostics cease to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Well she doesn't sound retarded, so I would assume so. But I'd guess you aren't.

Go away, useless troll.

Ok Brian and Josh, this is acceptable right, lol personal attacks insults , no problem........

Ok Brian and Josh, this is acceptable right, lol personal attacks insults , no problem........

Dude. Read the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Trolling is also against the TOS. You didn't read the article, you're just still stalking me, trying to bully me. Piss up a rope.

I post a non-viral story about property rights, alleging government corruption, and some mouth breather immediately derails the thread with an entirely unrelated topic.

Exemplifies just about everything wrong with these forums these days.
    Last edited by angelatc; 11-10-2019 at 07:21 PM.

- AmyPi 2014 (RIP)

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Trolling is also against the TOS. You didn't read the article, you're just still stalking me, trying to bully me. Piss up a rope.

I post a non-viral story about property rights, alleging government corruption, and some mouth breather immediately derails the thread with an entirely unrelated topic.

Exemplifies just about everything wrong with these forums these days.
    Why are you stalking me then , you know the tos, and don't forget, this thread isn't your first personal attack
    against me , you go way back with the personal attacks against me and anyone that doesn't agree with you,
    that's your style, not mine.

Why are you stalking me then , you know the tos, and don't forget, this thread isn't your first personal attack
    against me , you go way back with the personal attacks against me and anyone that doesn't agree with you,
    that's your style, not mine.

Dude- STOP.

YOU are the one that changed the subject of the OP to blather at angelatc on a completely different issue you don't agee with.

And JFYI, I am an anti-vaxer & do not agree with her on that particular subject but on this one- and many others- she is right on.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Dude- STOP.

YOU are the one that changed the subject of the OP to blather at angelatc on a completely different issue you don't agee with.

And JFYI, I am an anti-vaxer & do not agree with her on that particular subject but on this one- and many others- she is right on.
    Dude , save your insulting condescension, no one on this forum has name
    called and hurled greater insults to myself and others here than
    Angelatc.

She is allowed to say whatever she wants on this forum, free speech is granted
    to her, not to me nor other actual libertarians.

Of course this story is one everyone here agrees on , great , glad you agree.

And speaking of anti vaxxers, the term apparently went over your head regarding
    Angie's vax meme, she relentlessly calls people like you and I anti vaxxers when that is
    never the issue actually discussed , that is her spin , the red herring , the non sequitur.
    99.9% of the forum members here are anti MANDATED/FORCED healthcare/vaccines ,
    no one that I know of on this forum is an anti vaxxer, that term is the vehicle
    she uses to obfuscate, and demonize us for believing in our right to make our
    own decisions on vaccines.

I saw this on another site last night, and I can't get it out of my head. It's just a classic story of a rich guy owning a town, and doing everything required to get what he wants. These are the people that win in this country. People who patiently wait for the court system for their "justice" never end up winners.

Short version: Grandma and Granpa live many years in a house that is land-locked, but they have a right-of-way. Granpa dies, rich neighbors who own the surrounding land immediately start to pressure Grandma to sell. Grandma falls and is hospitalized, when she is released she discovers her right-of-way has been cut off. Two $#@!ing years later, an appeals court finally decides she indeed has a right-of-way. House burns down within 24 hours, police and firefighters refuse to put the fire out.

No doubt rich bully guy knows she won't do anything. Maybe sue, but she'll lose. 'Merica.

Here's the story, bolding mine: My 73 year old grandmother's house burnt down one day after she won in court against her neighbors

In the comments, it didn't take long for people to determine that the land potentially is very valuable because of the gas and oil rights.
    I know someone whos son was run over by a rich girl whos family is millionaires.....instead of being tried in court for the murder, they paid the cops to lie and tell a different story....big lawsuit . BIG lawsuit for this man I talked to, and his loss is tragic, he told me that the millionaires were trying to buy the justice system but got caught.
    It was too weird to live, and too rare to die - hunter s. thompson .
    ..this is the darkest timeline..

Dude , save your insulting condescension, no one on this forum has name
    called and hurled greater insults to myself and others here than
    Angelatc.

She is allowed to say whatever she wants on this forum, free speech is granted
    to her, not to me nor other actual libertarians.

Of course this story is one everyone here agrees on , great , glad you agree.

And speaking of anti vaxxers, the term apparently went over your head regarding
    Angie's vax meme, she relentlessly calls people like you and I anti vaxxers when that is
    never the issue actually discussed , that is her spin , the red herring , the non sequitur.
    99.9% of the forum members here are anti MANDATED/FORCED healthcare/vaccines ,
    no one that I know of on this forum is an anti vaxxer, that term is the vehicle
    she uses to obfuscate, and demonize us for believing in our right to make our
    own decisions on vaccines.
    LOL-insulting condescension? YOU ignored the entire OP & started the insulting train.

And, yes, @angelatc & I have banged heads a few times but she is NOT the top insulter on this forum by a long shot. You should know who that is.

And, BTW, I AM an anti-vaxxer- and am also against any medical force.
    There is no spoon.

Dude- STOP.

LOL-insulting condescension? YOU ignored the entire OP & started the insulting train.

And, yes, @angelatc & I have banged heads a few times but she is NOT the top insulter on this forum by a long shot. You should know who that is.

And, BTW, I AM an anti-vaxxer- and am also against any medical force.

STOP DUDE, OH STOP.............