Thread: Women and Children Ordered ‘Like Pizza’—Human Trafficking in Orange County

Women and Children Ordered ‘Like Pizza’—Human Trafficking in Orange County

Orange County, Calif., which boasts a median household income of $86,000, is often viewed as a relatively safe, wealthy, and conservative region. Most people do not do not equate the area with human trafficking. However, researchers reveal the county to be a destination spot for traffickers.
    The official Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force (OCHTTF), set up to fight real time sex and labor slavery in the county, released their latest victim report in 2019. Approximately 80 percent of both victims and traffickers in Orange County travel to the area from other parts of the region, the state, and the entire nation.
    “This is due in part to Orange County’s tourist attractions, sports venues, beach cities and affluent population,” states the report (pdf). “Traffickers bring their victims expecting to have an abundance of customers and higher profits.”
    There were 415 human trafficking victims rescued in the county in the past two years, compared to 509 in 2015-2016 and 371 in 2013-2014. According to the OCHTTF report, a full 73 percent were new victims in 2017 or 2018. Of that total, 87 percent were trafficked in the sex trade while 12 percent were in forced labor.
    The United Nations Orange County Chapter 74th Anniversary event, held last month, highlighted this local tragedy. The United Nations defines human trafficking as “modern slavery” — the act of utilizing threat, force, deception, or coercion for the purpose of exploitation.
    Kelly Galindo, a professor of film and media arts at Chapman University’s Dodge College, directed an upcoming documentary series on sex trafficking called “26 Seconds.” She visited and filmed sex slave survivors around the globe, including in Thailand, Iraq, Cambodia, India, East Africa, Mexico, and the United States.
    “It may sound strange, but of all the places I have visited, I have been most afraid right here in Orange County — tough pimps and lots of guns,” Galindo said.
    The title of Galindo’s documentary refers to the UN statistic that every 26 seconds, a child is trafficked somewhere in the world. Each episode of the series guides the audience through a survivor’s experience and point of view in a particular country.
    Despite continuing attempts to halt trafficking, she said access to trafficking victims has become far easier due to technology.
    “We live in this amazing, yet horrifying online world in which one can be anywhere and order up women and children like pizza,” Galindo said. “They are delivered to [a] home or hotel. The saturation level is at a whole new increasing intensity.”
    Paul Chang, the regional anti-human trafficking coordinator at the U.S. Department of Labor, said people desperate for work are at high risk of being trafficked.
    “The number one way of entrapping people in sex trafficking is through falsely advertised job opportunities. It accounts for 43 percent of those in the supply and demand chain. Others are sold in by relatives, drop outs from foster care, and even those enticed by a so-called love interest,” he said.
    Linh Tran, the administrator of the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force, said that vulnerabilities developed in children within broken homes also expose them to higher risk of being trafficked. Young victims are forced to carry out duties ranging from providing sex to delivering drugs and even marriage.
    She said local traffickers can quickly and easily earn more money selling young women in Orange County than in Riverside or San Bernardino counties.
    “One can sell a girl here for an average range of between $800 to about $1000 a night,” Tran said. “That’s eight to ten different customers that the girl would be forced to solicit that night.”

More at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/women-...y_3135862.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Investigative report covers “ordered like pizza”, among a host of other things, including falsified/misleading tv ads, “slavery”, sheriffs, and politicians want for power:

“The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)

Sounds legit
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

Of course this would be happening in California (though this does happen in every state).
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The United Nations defines human trafficking as “modern slavery” — the act of utilizing threat, force, deception, or coercion for the purpose of exploitation.

Under this definition, who alive in the USA is not a modern day slave?
    Truth is Fallacy, Fallacy is Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Investigative report covers “ordered like pizza”, among a host of other things, including falsified/misleading tv ads, “slavery”, sheriffs, and politicians want for power:

So Amy Schumer propagated the “ordered like pizza” meme? Hmm. Feeding the pizzagate hypothesis too.

I’d assume these “outraged” people are still talking about Craig’s List? That was eliminated years ago wasn’t it?

Maybe Dominos is doing it, if you know the right code words.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.