Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berlin Sending Trump A Piece of Their Wall

Berlin Sending Trump A Piece of Their Wall

https://qz.com/1745087/berliners-tro...f-berlin-wall/

"No wall lasts forever".

US president Donald Trump will be receiving a special gift from Berlin residents on the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall—a 2.7-ton section of the wall itself.

The stunt is squarely directed at Trump’s vow to build a wall along the US-Mexico border, a part of his “zero tolerance” immigration policy.

“We would like to give you one of the last pieces of the failed Berlin Wall to commemorate the United States’ dedication to building a world without walls,” says a message painted on the concrete slab, which is signed by “Citizens of Berlin.”

“Germany is united again and in Berlin only a few scattered pieces remind us that no wall lasts forever.”

The project’s orchestrators, Berlin-based pro-democracy nonprofit Die Offene Gesellschaft, said they informed the White House about the project earlier this week, but have yet to hear whether the gift will be accepted. They plan to hand over the section on the evening of Nov. 9, marking exactly 30 years since the wall fell.

“If the President accepts the letter, it’s his. But gifts to a sitting president always belong to the United States and not to the individual in office. It belongs to the people,” Die Offene Gesellshaft managing director Philip Husemann told Quartz. “So we hope this letter will end up in a public place where all citizens can read it. After all, the main message is a big ‘thank you’ from the Berliners to the United States and its people.”

The White House didn’t immediately respond to a query as to whether they will accept it.

Die Offene Gesellschaft acquired the object from a dealer in Berlin who had a few pieces of the wall in his possession, Huseman said. The group then flew it to New York and trucked it down to Washington. Financed entirely by private donations, Huseman said it cost “in the low five-figure range to purchase the piece of the Wall and transport it overseas.”

Trump is yet to deliver on his signature campaign promise of building a “big, beautiful” border wall, which he swore Mexico would finance. So far, his efforts have cost US taxpayers some $10 billion. Newly built sections of Trump’s border wall have been easily breached by smugglers, however, and the US government is now offering roughly $300 million in contracts to monitor future construction quality.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Foreign interference in the election.
    Where's the outrage?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Sanction Germany!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

And some people think the Germans humorless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall is tomorrow, Nov. 9, and on cue the American left is hard at work distorting and lying about history, communism and, of course, walls. Particularly walls.

At New College of Florida, the Honors College for the Florida university system and a hotbed of far left ideas and activism, students have been building a replica of a segment of the Berlin Wall on campus. Today, they are taking sledgehammers to it — as was done 30 years ago. This seems like a perfect opportunity to talk about communism, dictatorships, and freedoms in the West.

After all, as Hope Harrison, George Washington University associate professor of history and international affairs, pointed out during the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall: “The wall symbolized the lack of freedom under communism. It symbolized the Cold War and divide between the communist Soviet bloc and the western democratic, capitalist bloc.”

But that’s apparently not exactly the first thing it symbolizes for New College.

According to local media reports, “The project was organized by professor Lauren Hansen, who is currently teaching a course called The Berlin Wall in German Literature and Film. In January, Hansen led an independent study about the portrayal of the Berlin Wall in German literature, and the idea for the replica wall was created by her small group of students. While other universities have created replica walls in the past, New College students also reenacted historical speeches, presented film screenings, and held graffiti sessions and poster presentation sessions.”

So far, so good. But wait. “Creating the wall also turned into a timely project about national and international experiences of separating groups of people, cities and countries, notes Hansen.”

So this immediately equates American conservatives and President Trump who advocate securing our southern border for fundamental reasons of national sovereignty and safety of the American people with the East German communists who sought to imprison their people — when the history of American political movements actually puts the left directly in line with the communists. Ask Sen. Bernie Sanders who honeymooned in the Soviet Union.

Further, Hansen said of the wall replica: “It has become a place where students and faculty from the entire university can come to discuss borders and the divisiveness we encounter today in the U.S. and other parts of the world.”

This is the sleight of hand that has been going on for some time now, claiming all walls are bad — but really only meaning Trump’s border wall is bad. What is obvious to people who are not pants-on-fire hypocrites or astonishingly foolish and ignorant, is that different walls have different purposes.

No sane person argues that walls around prisons are bad for dividing murderers and rapists from the rest of the population. Wealthy leftists don’t argue that walls around their estates are bad for keeping out criminals, vandals and just sight-seers.

We have “walls” around movie theaters, sporting events, Disney World and so on. Why? To divide those who have legal status to be inside (via following the rules and paying for admission) from those who do not have legal status who must remain outside. Movie stars who take advantage of the arrangement, and have walls around their own mansions, still abhor a border wall as divisive and racist. Ditto for many athletes.

Germany was formally divided in 1949 and the wall went up in 1961. The East German communist party never had popular support, distrusted its citizens and ruled with an iron fist. Refugees left East Germany for economic and political reasons, causing a brain drain. In the intervening years, more than 3 million East Germans “voted with their feet” by moving to West Germany.

To equate that wall to our border wall would have meant the West Germans would have put up the Berlin Wall to keep the East Germans out. But it was the East Germans who did so, to stem the flow out of East Berlin. There’s a fundamental difference between a wall that locks people in like a prison wall and the Berlin Wall, and a wall that protects and establishes legal borders, such as movie theaters, sporting events, Disney and national borders.

More at: https://therevolutionaryact.com/mang...h-berlin-wall/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    LOL

And some people think the Germans humorless.
    None have ever denied their facility for propaganda.
    Goebbels would be proud.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL Is this the same Germany which under Angela Merkel allowed one million and half male migrants mostly male into Germany,Europe and in Austria?

dedication to building a world without walls,” says a message painted on the concrete slab, which is signed by “Citizens of Berlin.”
    Yes i am sure OPEN Borders had worked wonders for the actual people of Germany and Berlin right?

The New Germany.

Why has Germany and Europetaken in so many many male migrants with shaved cuts to look younger liberals?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The New Germany.

Why has Germany and Europetaken in so many many male migrants with shaved cuts to look younger liberals?

Civil war or Sharia soon to follow.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

People forget that Berlin was not on the border between East and West Germany but near the middle of East Germany. After the war, the powers who defeated Germany, The US, Britain, Russia, and France divided the city up into quadrants they controlled. When the Communists cracked down, the Western sectors kept control of their areas and citizens began to flee the communists by going to those areas. The Germans (and Russians) put up barriers to stop them- eventually constructing the wall. They cut off access and the Berlin Air Lift was started to get supplies to the isolated city. Planes flew non- stop day and night to keep the city going.

I visited Berlin when the wall was still up. You get on a train in West Germany. When it reached East Germany, it stopped and all of the Western staff and conductor got off and the East German crew took over. The process was repeated in reverse upon arrival at Berlin. At one point along the wall, there was some repair work being done. For each person on the Eastern side working, there was an armed guard watching them in case they got any ideas of leaving. On the West side, people waited in case help was needed if somebody did try to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    People forget that Berlin was not on the border between East and West Germany but near the middle of East Germany. After the war, the powers who defeated Germany, The US, Britain, Russia, and France divided the city up into quadrants they controlled. When the Communists cracked down, the Western sectors kept control of their areas and citizens began to flee the communists by going to those areas. The Germans (and Russians) put up barriers to stop them- eventually constructing the wall. They cut off access and the Berlin Air Lift was started to get supplies to the isolated city. Planes flew non- stop day and night to keep the city going.

I visited Berlin when the wall was still up. You get on a train in West Germany. When it reached East Germany, it stopped and all of the Western staff and conductor got off and the East German crew took over. The process was repeated in reverse upon arrival at Berlin. At one point along the wall, there was some repair work being done. For each person on the Eastern side working, there was an armed guard watching them in case they got any ideas of leaving. On the West side, people waited in case help was needed if somebody did try to escape.

West Berlin was an island of West Germany inside East Germany and the Berlin wall was a border between East and West.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And here I was, all set to post a lengthy thought on the fall of the Berlin wall, which marked the beginning of the end of the Evil Empire, and how 30 years later, we're getting ready to elect our own Stalin Sanders for president because idiot kids and migrant invaders have the memory of $#@!ing gnats.

But I see Zip already made a thread about it

Too bad it was only to make a cheap political point and score some yuks bashing Trump...carry $#@!ing on.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And here I was, all set to post a lengthy thought on the fall of the Berlin wall, which marked the beginning of the end of the Evil Empire, and how 30 years later, we're getting ready to elect our own Stalin Sanders for president because idiot kids and migrant invaders have the memory of $#@!ing gnats.

But I see Zip already made a thread about it

Too bad it was only to make a cheap political point and score some yuks bashing Trump...carry $#@!ing on.
    By the way i had taken a look at the guys and group behind this spefic wall who were giving it to Trump they are known as "pro-democracy nonprofit Die Offene Gesellschaft"

Mostly Liberal leftist organization and an NGO that has supported solidarity marches for migrants in Berlin.
    They are questionable

They also put up a statue of Ronald Regan.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    By the way i had taken a look at the guys and group behind this spefic wall who were giving it to Trump they are known as "pro-democracy nonprofit Die Offene Gesellschaft"

Mostly Liberal leftist organization and an NGO that has supported solidarity marches for migrants in Berlin.
    They are questionable
    Another bunch of self loathing, white, pro-invasionists...I'm shocked...shocked I tell you.

I doubt Germany is gonna exist in a generation. If there was ever a nation committing suicide by guilt, it'd be Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I doubt Germany is gonna exist in a generation. If there was ever a nation committing suicide by guilt, it'd be Germany.
    I am hopeful because AFD is slowly growing but even with potical parties that wont change.
    There are these TPTB types in Europe who i wont name here. They want German whites to forgive themselves to show their guilt for what they had in WW1 and WW2. Not Just Germans though but Europeans as well.

Dispute the fact and history that Europeans created the modern civilization as it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    They also put up a statue of Ronald Regan.
    That is rather ironic probably because of his words of tear down that wall and his open borders policy.

If Germany ever sent me a piece of their wall, I'd sent it right back to them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    His German is pretty good.

If I had to fathom a guess, if not just outright trolling, that this was a native black German, trying to rouse some sense of fight and responsibility in his fellow weak, white Germans to try and save their, and his, nation...before it turns into an African $#@!hole that he fled.

True migrant invaders never talk like this...although they may act like it.

They are, as much as they can possibly be, polite, helpless and meek, reeking of pathos and detestable pity.

It is their most powerful weapon, and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    His German is pretty good.

If I had to fathom a guess, if not just outright trolling, that this was a native black German, trying to rouse some sense of fight and responsibility in his fellow weak, white Germans to try and save their, and his, nation...before it turns into an African $#@!hole that he fled.

True migrant invaders never talk like this...although they may act like it.

They are, as much as they can possibly be, polite, helpless and meek, reeking of pathos and detestable pity.

It is their most powerful weapon, and they know it.
    As their numbers grow and the natives continue to grovel they will become ever bolder and aggressive.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Berlin Sending Trump A Piece of Their Wall
    At what velocity?

Joke is on them cuz MAGA is not going with the wall, his new plan is to build support for see through steel slats barrier:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6767450

Also, he supports Big Heart 'diversity is our strength' approach now.

Trump says he will treat Dreamers 'with heart'
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...s-heart-235103

Trump’s Secret to Victory in 2020: Hispanic Voters

Multicultural diversity celeberation
    Trump celebrates new citizens in Oval Office ceremony

President Donald Trump attends a naturalization ceremony in the Oval Office of the White House, in Washington, Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

January 20th, 2019

WASHINGTON (AP) — On a day focused on his demand for a border wall, President Donald Trump used music and pageantry to welcome “the five newest members of our great American family” during a naturalization ceremony in the Oval Office.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As their numbers grow and the natives continue to grovel they will become ever bolder and aggressive.
    Oh, no doubt...at some point...and it will happen overnight.

The remaining remnant will be voted into silence and second class citizenship, at best.

At worst...we get our throats slit in the middle of the night.

The neocon plan has always been to destroy the EU, for the perceived benefit of the US (as to world domination).

MAGA adds to this, maybe, perhaps (what phase of the moon is it?), the casual destruction of NATO.

...which means the destruction of the EU, since the EU doesn't yet have a common army.

It would be in the interest of the neocons for the EU to dissolve, and for there to be another war in Europe.

...here's hoping they fail, massively.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The neocon plan has always been to destroy the EU, for the perceived benefit of the US (as to world domination).

MAGA adds to this, maybe, perhaps (what phase of the moon is it?), the casual destruction of NATO.

...which means the destruction of the EU, since the EU doesn't yet have a common army.

It would be in the interest of the neocons for the EU to dissolve, and for there to be another war in Europe.

...here's hoping they fail, massively.
    The EU is the one destroying itself in an attempt to destroy its people, what is happening is as bad as a war and guaranteed to cause one.
    The only hope for peace would be the end of the EU but its probably too late.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Global Gerrymandering.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Sanction Germany!
    No, remove our troops.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    No, remove our troops.
    Of course.
    That will be worse for them than any sanctions and noninterventionist.

(I was being sarcastic before)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast