Thread: Assange 'may die in jail', father warns

Assange 'may die in jail', father warns

The father of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said Friday he worried his son would die in prison after nine years of "persecution" for daring to reveal US "war crimes".

John Shipton told reporters in Geneva that he had visited his son in a British prison two days ago and needed to "face the bitter truth" that he "may die in jail".

"This is not the bitter disappointment of a father, this is simply fact," he said.

Assange used WikiLeaks to publish classified military and diplomatic files in 2010 about US bombing campaigns in Afghanistan and Iraq that proved highly embarrassing to the US government.

Since then, he has been entangled in a web of judicial proceeding, and is currently fighting a US bid to extradite him from Britain on charges filed under the Espionage Act that could land him a sentence of up to 175 years in a US prison.
    https://news.yahoo.com/assange-may-d...165954491.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have never doubted that is likely .
    Do something Danke

For all we know he could already be dead.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Meanwhile politicians and pundits cry crocodile tears about their “whistleblower” saboteurs inside the Trump Administration...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Trump should pardon him!
    Cant, that call is made above his paygrade

if he dies in jail, thanks Trump