Thread: Gun Control Activists Target Jersey Mike’s Over Open Carry

Gun Control Activists Target Jersey Mike’s Over Open Carry

Anti-gun activists, including Shannon Watts of Moms Demand Action, are targeting the Jersey Mike’s chain of sandwich shops after the brand’s Twitter account failed to treat tweets calling for the group to ban firearms from their stores with the deference gun control advocates believe they deserve.

The whole thing started over the weekend, when a Twitter user posted a picture of a pretty awful display of open carrying at his local Jersey Mike’s.

https://twitter.com/CombatCavScout/s...51133656760321

Somewhere along the line the Twitter responses went from “Dude, what are you doing?” to “wHy WoN’t JeRsEy MiKe’S bAn GuNs??!” As Business Insider notes, the Jersey Mike’s Twitter account responded to several comments demanding a gun ban in stores with the statement, “If the laws were up to us, we’d make it so everyone had to eat Jersey Mike’s Subs on Sundays.” I suppose they could have tweeted out some bit of benign corporate speech like “We appreciate your concerns and endeavor to treat our customer’s safety with the utmost importance. Your opinions are important to us as we are constantly evaluating how best to serve the most important part of the Jersey Mike’s family; you the customer.”

Instead, they went with the lighthearted response, and as you can imagine, gun control activists were not pleased by the audacity of responding to calls to ban guns with a semi-snarky comment. Shannon Watts was among those who seized on the joking tweet to demand action.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/st...36559116148737

Apparently the pressure got to them, because Monday evening Jersey Mike’s took down its earlier tweets and said simply “Thank you. We apologize. We want to always do better.” As you can imagine, that wasn’t enough for gun control activists, who began stating that the sandwich chain had been “making light of gun deaths.”

https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...47968194142211

Keep in mind, this was originally about a dude open carrying a pistol that looked like it was about to fall out of his pants. Now, after gun control activists have grabbed ahold of the narrative, it’s suddenly about Jersey Mike’s supposedly not caring about gun deaths.

continued..https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/1...es-open-carry/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Anti-gun activists, including Shannon Watts of Moms Demand Action, are targeting the Jersey Mike’s chain of sandwich shops after the brand’s Twitter account failed to treat tweets calling for the group to ban firearms from their stores with the deference gun control advocates believe they deserve.

The whole thing started over the weekend, when a Twitter user posted a picture of a pretty awful display of open carrying at his local Jersey Mike’s.

https://twitter.com/CombatCavScout/s...51133656760321

Somewhere along the line the Twitter responses went from “Dude, what are you doing?” to “wHy WoN’t JeRsEy MiKe’S bAn GuNs??!” As Business Insider notes, the Jersey Mike’s Twitter account responded to several comments demanding a gun ban in stores with the statement, “If the laws were up to us, we’d make it so everyone had to eat Jersey Mike’s Subs on Sundays.” I suppose they could have tweeted out some bit of benign corporate speech like “We appreciate your concerns and endeavor to treat our customer’s safety with the utmost importance. Your opinions are important to us as we are constantly evaluating how best to serve the most important part of the Jersey Mike’s family; you the customer.”

Instead, they went with the lighthearted response, and as you can imagine, gun control activists were not pleased by the audacity of responding to calls to ban guns with a semi-snarky comment. Shannon Watts was among those who seized on the joking tweet to demand action.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/st...36559116148737

Apparently the pressure got to them, because Monday evening Jersey Mike’s took down its earlier tweets and said simply “Thank you. We apologize. We want to always do better.” As you can imagine, that wasn’t enough for gun control activists, who began stating that the sandwich chain had been “making light of gun deaths.”

https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...47968194142211

Keep in mind, this was originally about a dude open carrying a pistol that looked like it was about to fall out of his pants. Now, after gun control activists have grabbed ahold of the narrative, it’s suddenly about Jersey Mike’s supposedly not caring about gun deaths.

continued..https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/1...es-open-carry/
    Well, the original post had a point. That's some $#@!ty carry.

But, and learn your lesson well, you cannot be comical, you cannot do anything but SUBMIT.

Their answer should have been... "We support every Americans rights. Your First amendment rights to criticize our policies, but also those regarding the Second Amendment."

But, then again, it IS "NEW JERSEY Mike's."

No offense, but if that's a real pic, the guy is dumb as a box of rocks. If you are carrying open carry it's rather WISE to use a retention holster. The one he's using seems designed for CC. I'm not against open carry, but I would argue most people that do are attention whores or wanna be pretend Cowboys. Sorry about your penis types. And then they open it up to complete ridicule like this numbnut does.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

How does "Happy Cavsgiving!" know the gun is loaded?
    Openly Straight Man Danke Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thats a pretty stupid way to carry your gun.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Thats a pretty stupid way to carry your gun.
    He must be going for that gansta in da hood look.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    He must be going for that gansta in da hood look.
    Hopefully he doesn't walk into the wrong neighborhood with that look or he might find himself gunned down.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    But, and learn your lesson well, you cannot be comical, you cannot do anything but SUBMIT.
    That's why they should have been comical and not retracted it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

That’s who Democrat’s think conservatives are...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    No offense, but if that's a real pic, the guy is dumb as a box of rocks. If you are carrying open carry it's rather WISE to use a retention holster. The one he's using seems designed for CC. I'm not against open carry, but I would argue most people that do are attention whores or wanna be pretend Cowboys. Sorry about your penis types. And then they open it up to complete ridicule like this numbnut does.
    Yep, hybrid inside the waste band holster. Generally for concealed carry. It is acceptably secured by the fitted plastic of the holster, with no strap of any kind. But if it is in the back and isn’t concealed, someone else may have better access than you. It won’t fall out though.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Hopefully he doesn't walk into the wrong neighborhood with that look or he might find himself gunned down.
    In the “wrong neighborhood”, people mostly clear out and stay away if they think you are a cop or detective. Much more dangerous to look like a potential victim.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yep, hybrid inside the waste band holster. Generally for concealed carry. It is acceptably secured by the fitted plastic of the holster, with no strap of any kind. But if it is in the back and isn’t concealed, someone else may have better access than you. It won’t fall out though.
    best one I've ever found.

If this little petite girl can wear without notice, than anyone can. I can wear mine with a t shirt and shorts and it's completely hidden.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    best one I've ever found.

If this little petite girl can wear without notice, than anyone can. I can wear mine with a t shirt and shorts and it's completely hidden.

Lol. Fairly well concealed, except upon close inspection, and this person would often attract closer inspection...

Also note that she says she would use this holster for open carry, which is what the guy in the OP was doing. (Except for the fact that the dude in the OP is wearing it backwards. He has no hand that can properly draw that weapon, which is a stupid way to carry).
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-07-2019 at 10:19 AM.

I just got this in the mail today for my S&W .40. It has a Level II retention (thumb release).

ShapeShift Core Carry Pack (https://aliengearholsters.com/shapes...er-system.html)

I've got to get some firewood stacked before the rain comes in, but I'll post later tonight about my thoughts on it.

And just a thought, giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps that is his wife's concealed carry and she went to shop at a store that doesn't allow it while he went for subs. So he just stuck it in his waistband. Still not smart but that seems more likely than him carrying two sidearms arranged like that.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And just a thought, giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps that is his wife's concealed carry and she went to shop at a store that doesn't allow it while he went for subs. So he just stuck it in his waistband. Still not smart but that seems more likely than him carrying two sidearms arranged like that.
    If his woman is left handed, she can stand on his right with her left hand behind his back...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    If his woman is left handed, she can stand on his right with her left hand behind his back...
    Well, that's what led me to the thought. He's right handed judging by his OWB carry. The IWB is left hand carry. That leads me to believe that his wife went shopping in a non-carry store and he went for subs.