Thread: Farage makes his case to working class voters: 'Labour have left you behind'

Farage makes his case to working class voters: 'Labour have left you behind'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mr Farage received a more positive reaction from IT engineer Nigel Metcalf, 47, a lifelong Labour supporter who voted to leave the EU, and his son John, 22, both from Sunderland, who posed for a selfie with the Brexit Party leader.

Mr Metcalf Sr said: 'I think Nigel Farage has got exactly the right ethos and I'm certainly thinking of voting for the Brexit Party this time.'

One woman shouted 'you've got my vote' as Mr Farage walked through the town.

Addressing supporters at the party event in Workington, a constituency which has been Labour since 1979, Mr Farage said: 'In the past, you may remember Worcester woman was apparently going to decide the outcome of the election, and another one was Mondeo man, but this time, we're told, it's Workington man.

'Can I just say, this has all been dreamt up by a Conservative think tank in London. I think it's a load of patronising cobblers to people in Workington.

'You're going to get bombarded with press and political figures and I thought I'll come as quickly as I possibly can to lay my cards on the table and talk about this election.'

Mr Farage's speech was interrupted midway through by a woman who shouted 'fascist' as she left the room, followed by a woman wearing a 'B*llocks to Brexit' T-shirt.

It came as Mr Farage stepped up his war against Labour and the Tories, boasting he is launching a massive propaganda campaign targeting 27 million homes.

He revealed the massive mail-drop as he continued his electoral rampage through Labour Leave heartlands in the North of England.

He visited Workington in Cumbria this afternoon, the home of the 'Workington man' who has been put forward as the voter the Tories need to target to win to steal Labour seats.

He told supporters in the coastal town the term was 'patronising cobblers'.

He is setting his sights on both Labour and Tory voters, having earlier claimed Conservative hardliner Brexiteers have been calling him to ask he doesn't run a candidate against them after Boris Johnson refused an official pact.

Mr Farage claimed this morning he has been having covert talks with 'lots' of Tory Brexiteer hardliners over giving them a clear run at the election in exchange for opposing Boris Johnson's Brexit deal.

The Brexit Party leader said worried so-called Spartans were calling him and party chairman Richard Tice 'every single day', pleading with him not to run a candidate against them.

It comes after Daily Mail analysis suggested the Tories could lose up to 90 battleground seats if Mr Farage's party fields 600 candidates in the December 12 vote.

Mr Farage, who is in the middle of a tour of Labour Leave seats ahead of the election, told BBC Breakfast he had been chatting with people from the European Research Group (ERG) about a deal.

'I've got lots of them (Tory MPs) ringing me up every single day, and indeed the chairman Richard Tice, saying ''look, what do we have to do in order for you not to stand against us?'',' he said.

'The answer is quite simple: if they just say they would never vote for this appalling new EU treaty again, they want us to have a clean break from the European Union, a relationship based on trade and not on politics, then of course we are happy to talk to Conservative or indeed Labour MPs.'

The claim comes against no visible signs that the ERG is prepared to vote against Mr Johnson's deal and support Mr Farage.

Its chairman, former Brexit minister Steve Baker, said on Monday that Mr Farage could become the 'man who threw away Brexit'.

He said the Brexit Party leader could end up creating a 'weak and indecisive' hung Parliament if he goes through with his plan to field 600 candidates at the general election.

I am no more willing to be bullied by Nigel Farage than anyone else into acting against my best understanding of the national interest,' he added.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-pacts.html

BORIS Johnson has appeared to have achieved the impossible by taking back Labour heartlands as early general elections polls today revealed voting intentions for the north west of England have shifted to Tory paving the way for a landslide win thanks to support from the south and the Midlands.

Pollster YouGov showed Labour support is collapsing in the north, with prominent industrial counties - some of which that have voted Labour for decades - Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside now jumping ship to Tory in a spectacular show of support for the Brexiteer Prime Minister. The poll shows a drop in support for Jeremy Corbyn by an eye-watering 25 points compared to a drop in numbers for Mr Johnson by just three points. This puts the Tories on 33 percent in the stubborn region that voted overwhelmingly to leave.

The Lib Dems are at 17 percent, up 12 points since the last electoral in 2017 and Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party are up by the same amount.
    Support is at 14 percent for the Brexit Party.
    YouGov said: “The Labour vote has taken its hardest hit in the North West, with support for the party falling by a massive 25 percentage points to 30 percent since 2017.

“Worse still for Labour, this now puts them behind the Conservatives in a region the party considers its own.”
    The Midlands, east and west, and the South East and South West of England appear to be safe seats for the Conservatives, according to the data taken from 17 October to 4 November.
    The Tories have faced a colossal battle for years over the north of England, which was largely down to the deep divisions caused by the late Margaret Thatcher.

The post-industrial north faced growing social and economic difficulties in comparison with the so-called ‘Service Sector South’.
    This was largely down to the decline of shipbuilding, steel and mining during Mrs Thatcher’s time as Prime Minister.
    The result of this is that Labour has thrived and the Tories have consistently failed to gain the trust of the north.

More at: https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...johnson-tories
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Support is at 14 percent for the Brexit Party.
    Down from 26% in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes, that is the new tactic from all the trolls.
    They just assert lies over and over no matter how often they are exposed.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Down from 26% in June.
    Because they think Johnson will deliver BREXIT.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment