Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 Mormon women and children shot and 'burned alive' in ambush near the US-Mexico border

While ending the war on drugs is something we should do that would solve the problem to a great degree this would be one military operation with some justification.
    Mexico is a failed state on our very own border and Americans are being harmed and killed.

I say we should just militarize the border and let anyone dumb enough to stay in Mexico fend for themselves.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    While ending the war on drugs is something we should do that would solve the problem to a great degree this would be one military operation with some justification.
    Mexico is a failed state on our very own border and Americans are being harmed and killed.

I say we should just militarize the border and let anyone dumb enough to stay in Mexico fend for themselves.
    You do realize that almost all the cartels money comes from here, right?
    "The Patriarch"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So we should invade Mexico to take out the terrorists (drug dealers). Like Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So we should invade Mexico to take out the terrorists (drug dealers). Like Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, etc.
    Read what I said.

It would be more justifiable than any other war in living memory BUT "I say we should just militarize the border and let anyone dumb enough to stay in Mexico fend for themselves."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You do realize that almost all the cartels money comes from here, right?
    Which is why I said ending the war on drugs would solve the problem to a great degree.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The people in these cartels are such monsters.
    How many were trained in Ft Benning Ga.?

School of the Americas trained mercs turned lose on the countryside. and it always looks the same.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I am certain this Twitter retard has a bunch of Swordsmyths beating off to the thought of invading Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I am certain this Twitter retard has a bunch of Swordsmyths beating off to the thought of invading Mexico.
    Did I say we should invade Mexico?

Read what I said.

It would be more justifiable than any other war in living memory BUT "I say we should just militarize the border and let anyone dumb enough to stay in Mexico fend for themselves."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post

lmafao , I tell someone that is insulting me to fkoff and get infracted' , but this post is wholesome and
    sanctioned my Moderation.

Gotta love free speech in the Ron Paul Forums, its free if the wind is blowing in your favor.

I can't help but be onboard with Trump's offer , these vermin need to be eradicated.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This $#@! would go way if we could just learn from history and end the war on drugs. The cartels would cease to exist.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Nah, they would just continue doing what they are doing and there would be more "Chicago-like" murders all over the country.

The only thing that would kill their business is to stop the war on drugs the CIA started, of course that was to help them get black-bag money to circumvent congress and start illegal wars across the globe.
    She's right, you know...^^^^

No oil.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    No oil.
    Actually Mexico is our #3 foreign source for imported oil- behind Canada and Saudi Arabia. http://www.worldstopexports.com/us-c...ier-countries/

I'll settle for just militarizing the border.
    You got it all wrong...we need to import another 20 million more.

Actually Mexico is our #3 foreign source for imported oil- behind Canada and Saudi Arabia. http://www.worldstopexports.com/us-c...ier-countries/
    Well there ya' go, nuke the bahstards!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I'm also a bit sick of liberals attempting to convince us that Mexico is safe (with charts) , for Christ's sake, in Mexico
    you don't have the Natural right to defend yourself, the same is being pushed on us here in the US.
    US Murder rate per 100,000 people - 5.30 - Ranked 89th (If you removed the murders committed in the ghettos of the five largest US cities, that rate would be down around 1.5)

Mexico murder rate per 100,000 people - 24.80 - Ranked 19th

1 - El Salvador - 61.80
    2 - Jamaica - 57.00
    3 - Venezuela - 56.33
    4 - US Virgin Islands - 49.26
    5 - Honduras - 41.70

9 Americans killed in Mexico

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rn-Mexico.html

Harrowing new details have emerged in the slaughter of three Mormon mothers and six of their children after cartel gunmen opened fire in a grisly ambush in Mexico on Monday.
    Nine members of the LeBaron family were attacked eight miles apart on Monday while traveling in a convoy of three SUVS on a dirt road.
    One hero mother died shielding her seven-month-old daughter who survived, it has since emerged. And a 13-year-old boy hid his siblings from gunmen in bushes and walked 13 miles for help, loved ones say.
    Police confirmed they have arrested a suspected drug lord after the killings which left one vehicle torched and riddled with bullets.
    The state prosecutor's office said one person was detained on Tuesday in the Mexican border state of Sonora and they were investigating whether they were involved in the massacre.
    The mothers were driving in separate vehicles with their children from the La Mora religious community where they live, which is a decades-old settlement in Sonora state founded as part of an offshoot of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
    Rhonita Miller and four of her children - her six-month-old twins, Titus and Tiana, her 10-year-old daughter Krystal and 12-year-old son Howard - were all killed.
    Another two mothers, Dawna Langford and Christina Langford Johnson, as well as Dawna's sons, aged 11 and three, were also all killed.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    This is the Mormon group that Romney is from, I'm sure there will be hell to pay.

There has been a cartel war/rivalry against the Mormons for probably decades because they don't bend the knee to the cartels. There is no way the cartel did not know these were Americans.

Horrible what happened, what kind of sick fk do you have to be to shoot multiple children and burn them? A Report states that family members claim the women were raped and then burned to cover it up.

Obviously military action against the cartels will not be effective. They're better armed and funded than islamic terrorists, more organized and financially incentivized.

Its sad because there is not really anything America can do but what, investigate? The cartels will throw a few senior level scapegoats and will this just all blowover?
    I wonder if Romney wants a wall now?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    No.

He doesn't care about common Mormons, just the rich.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quite the opposite.

But he will support using US military to settle the score...

Romney backs Trump, says Mexico must 'go after' cartels after ambush attack
    John Bowden - 11/05/19

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) backed President Trump's offer to provide Mexico with military assistance to root out drug cartels operating along the border between the two countries on Tuesday after nine members of a family with dual U.S.-Mexican citizenship were murdered.

Romney told reporters on Capitol Hill that the Mexican government must "go after" the cartel gunmen responsible for killing nine members of a Mormon family, all women and young children, in what authorities are reportedly investigating as a case of possible mistaken identity.

"It's moms and children. This is really unthinkable. And I agree with the president when he says that Mexico needs to really knuckle down and go after these cartels, and stop this escalating levels of violence," Romney said.

"And [I] hope that if there's a way we can help in that effort, that we are called upon to do so," he added.
    More: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-ambush-attack
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    What a shame. These cartels are ruthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    This people are savages!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The people in these cartels are such monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Tragic and sick. The perps need to be held accountable.

It would be terrible if this happened in the US. Imagine mobsters killing and burning some religious group that lived in a compound.
    EM.

That was quite a statement, had forgot about Waco history.

Looks like we have a fall guy. Could be someone was left to “guard” the hostages and then reported to the authorities. Too much heat from this.

Nov. 6 (UPI) -- Mexican police have arrested a man holding two hostages believed to be connected to the highway massacre.

The Ministerial Agency for Criminal Investigations said the suspect was arrested with several rifles, including large-caliber guns, and a stockpile of ammunition. He was found in the hills of Agua Prieta in the state of Sonora.

Two vehicles were seized in the Tuesday raid, a 2019 white Dodge RAM that had been reported stolen in Phoenix, and a 2011 GMC Yukon.
    The victims are part of the LeBaron family, which has owned a ranch in Mexico for decades.

Former Mexican Foreign Minister Jorge Castaneda told CNN the family has a history of conflict with the drug cartels and may have been targeted. He didn't believe this was a case of mistaken identity.

"They had stood up to the drug cartels and they did have certain frictions either with the cartels or with neighboring communities over water rights," Castaneda said.

The driver of the first vehicle in the convoy was known as an activist who defended her family and the community against the cartels on the issue of water rights, Castaneda said.

Mexican authorities were aware of the feud and had 90 federal police stationed around the community since 2011 because of tensions between the family and the cartels. The security was scaled back under the governor but it's not clear how many were there Monday.

Miller said the "Cartels have taken too many of our family members" and those killed Monday were "not the first."

The family had been threatened recently on where they could travel, Miller said.

The attack on the family could be the work of a newly formed cartel, Los Jaguares, an offshoot of Guzman's Sinaloa cartel, Espejel said. U.S. officials have said a rival cartel, La Linea, could be to blame.

"These very cartels of Sinaloa, after the arrest of Guzman 'El Chapo' have suffered fragmentations," Espejel said. "They have been growing near the border with the United States and are heavily involved in trafficking of immigrants into the United States and drug trafficking."
    More: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...4121573046899/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-06-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    lmafao , I tell someone that is insulting me to fkoff and get infracted' , but this post is wholesome and
    sanctioned my Moderation.

Gotta love free speech in the Ron Paul Forums, its free if the wind is blowing in your favor.

Ban me.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    because if you implement the former you don't have to do the later.

Militarizing society is not a good idea, but it's a shame that it's gotten so bad that we start to think that is the best option.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Looks like we have a fall guy. Could be someone was left to “guard” the hostages and then reported to the authorities. Too much heat from this.
    Never mind. While much harder to find than the original reports, it seems that they found that the person arrested was “not involved”. No explanations given. Who were the supposed hostages?

Media, officials and politicians have done an extra good job of speaking out of their posteriors on this story.

On Tuesday, Mexican authorities announced the arrest of a suspect in relation to the massacre. But Wednesday, Durazo said investigators have learned the suspect was not involved.

Authorities did not say whether the individual has been released.
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...cre/ar-BBWpSrl
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 11-07-2019 at 11:35 AM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    9 Americans killed in Mexico

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rn-Mexico.html

Harrowing new details have emerged in the slaughter of three Mormon mothers and six of their children after cartel gunmen opened fire in a grisly ambush in Mexico on Monday.
    Nine members of the LeBaron family were attacked eight miles apart on Monday while traveling in a convoy of three SUVS on a dirt road.
    One hero mother died shielding her seven-month-old daughter who survived, it has since emerged. And a 13-year-old boy hid his siblings from gunmen in bushes and walked 13 miles for help, loved ones say.
    Police confirmed they have arrested a suspected drug lord after the killings which left one vehicle torched and riddled with bullets.
    The state prosecutor's office said one person was detained on Tuesday in the Mexican border state of Sonora and they were investigating whether they were involved in the massacre.
    The mothers were driving in separate vehicles with their children from the La Mora religious community where they live, which is a decades-old settlement in Sonora state founded as part of an offshoot of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
    Rhonita Miller and four of her children - her six-month-old twins, Titus and Tiana, her 10-year-old daughter Krystal and 12-year-old son Howard - were all killed.
    Another two mothers, Dawna Langford and Christina Langford Johnson, as well as Dawna's sons, aged 11 and three, were also all killed.
    9 Americans Mexicans killed in Mexico

FTFY.

No reason for the US to be involved.

I keep getting the feeling there is more to this story.

I know there is more than any media is reporting..

US Involvement in Cartels,, and cult groups involved with locals, etc..

I don't know why,, but this seems to have an odor to it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I keep getting the feeling there is more to this story.

I know there is more than any media is reporting..

US Involvement in Cartels,, and cult groups involved with locals, etc..

I don't know why,, but this seems to have an odor to it.
    There's history of LDS, Menonite, Amish groups working with smugglers...

No woman and children that I've heard of though.

If you remove those killed in wars between the different cartels, the Mexican rate drops considerably.

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/an...g-killed-2019/

One of the most striking elements of the current bloodshed is how it is driven by a small cohort of exceedingly violent cities. According to a recent report from a non-profit organization, the Citizen Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice, five of the six most murder-wracked cities in the world are in Mexico: Tijuana, Acapulco, Ciudad Victoria, Ciudad Juárez, and Irapuato. Each of these has a murder rate above 80 per 100,000 citizens. Tijuana alone accounts for approximately 1.5 percent of the nation’s population but has thus far contributed to around 7.5 percent of Mexico’s murders in 2019.
    Historically, when a city has suffered a prolonged uptick in violence, the cause has been two large organizations fighting for control of it. Such was the case in Juárez from 2008 to 2011, where the Sinaloa Cartel squared off with the Juárez Cartel. A similar dynamic was at play in Torreón during much of the same period, where the Zetas and the Sinaloa Cartel fought for domination. Similar examples abound.

However, much of the current violence appears to be the product of low-level gangs fighting over retail drug markets. The Los Angeles Times recently reported that in Tijuana, officials attribute the wave of killings to the local players operating in the consumer market for methamphetamine. In Mexico City, a comparatively mild surge in violence has, by virtue of the capital city’s size, nonetheless contributed substantially to Mexico’s overall murder rate. There, too, officials say the vicissitudes of the local drug market are the chief factor.

The growing role of smaller gangs and the retail drug market dovetails with phenomena affecting the largest groups. As with many capos before him, Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán’s arrest and extradition struck a blow to the power of the Sinaloa Cartel, opening up a vacuum that other gangs have fought to fill.

In recent years, the gangs that fill the voids left by the demise of a capo tend to be smaller, more erratic organizations than the giants they replaced. This dynamic, often referred to as fragmentation, has largely erased the military-like, hierarchical groups capable of bullying the state, but it has left in their place a chaotic tangle of groups collectively capable of spilling just as much blood.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast