Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9 Mormon women and children shot and 'burned alive' in ambush near the US-Mexico border

9 Mormon women and children shot and 'burned alive' in ambush near the US-Mexico border

9 Mormon women and children were shot and 'burned alive' in an ambush near the US-Mexico border

By Gianluca Mezzofiore, Holly Yan and Madeline Holcombe, CNN
    Updated 1:40 PM ET, Tue November 5, 2019

(CNN)Nine members of a Mormon community were killed on the Mexican side of the US-Mexico border, and authorities are investigating whether the attack was the result of mistaken identity.

The slain victims include three women, four small children and two infants, family member Alex LeBaron said from Mexico. He said all nine were dual US-Mexican citizens.
    The victims were "all shot while in vehicles while driving," LeBaron told CNN. Several children survived the attack.
    Investigators believe three vehicles traveling between the Mexican states of Sonora and Chihuahua were ambushed by criminal groups Monday evening, Mexican authorities said.

"Women and children were massacred, burned alive," LeBaron said. "Mothers were screaming for the fire to stop."
    Mexican Security Minister Alfonso Durazo said the attack could have been a case of mistaken identity of "conflicting groups in the area."

'They were driving together for safety reasons'

In each of the three cars attacked, a mother was driving children to see family.
    "They were driving together for safety reasons," said Kendra Lee Miller, whose sister-in-law Rhonita Maria Miller was killed in the attack.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/ameri...der/index.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TIME TO CONQUER MEXICO AND I ANIT STOPPING TILL I GET TO PANAMA!
    BEEN A LONG TIME COMING, TIME TO FINISH THE JOB
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

What a shame. These cartels are ruthless.

What is unfortunate, a lot of the Latter Day Saints are for open borders.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

The cartels aren't, they would go out of business.

On the bad side, we would be ruled by the left.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The cartels aren't, they would go out of business.

On the bad side, we would be ruled by the left.
    Nah, they would just continue doing what they are doing and there would be more "Chicago-like" murders all over the country.

The only thing that would kill their business is to stop the war on drugs the CIA started, of course that was to help them get black-bag money to circumvent congress and start illegal wars across the globe.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Hidden agendas. Many religious groups are for open borders and migration. They are usually by definition globalists, and they think that if they sponsor and help people who migrate, they will get more “customers”. The Communist Pope is a prime example.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hidden agendas. Many religious groups are for open borders and migration. They are usually by definition globalists, and they think that if they sponsor and help people who migrate, they will get more “customers”. The Communist Pope is a prime example.
    Yes this much is true.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The people in these cartels are such monsters.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

CNN :facepalm:

1) It happened in MEXICO, that should be in the headline not; ' Happened Near the Border ' .

2) 'Could have been mistaken identity'; this is a stab at excusing the murderers
    and softening the fact that they killed American women and children, in a very
    disgustingly savage manor.

This is the Mormon group that Romney is from, I'm sure there will be hell to pay.

There has been a cartel war/rivalry against the Mormons for probably decades because they don't bend the knee to the cartels. There is no way the cartel did not know these were Americans.

Horrible what happened, what kind of sick fk do you have to be to shoot multiple children and burn them? A Report states that family members claim the women were raped and then burned to cover it up.

Obviously military action against the cartels will not be effective. They're better armed and funded than islamic terrorists, more organized and financially incentivized.

Its sad because there is not really anything America can do but what, investigate? The cartels will throw a few senior level scapegoats and will this just all blowover?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    This people are savages!
    Yes they are.

Romney, Huntsman, and Dirty Harry Reid are definitely capable of committing a similar event.

Mountain Meadows Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    CNN :facepalm:

1) It happened in MEXICO, that should be in the headline not; ' Happened Near the Border ' .
    Fake News loves to spin, distort and imply what is not there. Mention the US-Mexican Border, and they can create an immigration-Trump association in people’s minds. This massacre is Trump’s fault.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    This is the Mormon group that Romney is from, I'm sure there will be hell to pay.

There has been a cartel war/rivalry against the Mormons for probably decades because they don't bend the knee to the cartels. There is no way the cartel did not know these were Americans.

Horrible what happened, what kind of sick fk do you have to be to shoot multiple children and burn them? A Report states that family members claim the women were raped and then burned to cover it up.

Obviously military action against the cartels will not be effective. They're better armed and funded than islamic terrorists, more organized and financially incentivized.

Its sad because there is not really anything America can do but what, investigate? The cartels will throw a few senior level scapegoats and will this just all blowover?
    Tragic and sick. The perps need to be held accountable.

It would be terrible if this happened in the US. Imagine mobsters killing and burning some religious group that lived in a compound.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    TIME TO CONQUER MEXICO AND I ANIT STOPPING TILL I GET TO PANAMA!
    BEEN A LONG TIME COMING, TIME TO FINISH THE JOB
    I'll settle for just militarizing the border.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Yes they are.

Romney, Huntsman, and Dirty Harry Reid are definitely capable of committing a similar event.

Mountain Meadows Massacre
    Spare me.

There are rotten apples in every barrel and I'm sure I could dig up crimes by any religious denomination during religious wars throughout history.

The people you mention by name probably are capable of immense evil because they are evil but not because they are Mormons.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

We need to militarize the border and let anyone stupid enough to stay in Mexico fend for themselves.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the aftermath of a gruesome cartel massacre where gunmen killed nine women and children from a U.S. family and injured several others, Mexico’s president declined the help of U.S. military and security forces to go to “war” with cartels.

During his morning press conference, Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (AMLO) said war is the worst way to deal with cartels and that those who have lived it, know it. The statement came in response to a series of tweets by President Donald Trump, stating that the U.S. was ready to go to “war” upon invitation.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...ainst-cartels/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Women killed in Mexican cartel murders had alleged ties to sex cult Nxivm

https://nypost.com/2019/11/05/women-...site%20buttons

The nine women and children slaughtered in Mexico on Monday were part of a Mormon community with ties to the alleged sex-cult Nxivm.

The outpost Mormon community in Mexico is where underlings of Nxivm leader Keith Raniere recruited young women to work as nannies in an upstate New York compound run by the accused cult — suggesting at least in part that the jobs would get the girls away from their home region’s drug violence, according a man hired by Raniere to produce a documentary about the group.

The three moms and six kids killed in Monday’s violence in the northern town of Sonora are believed to have been the victims of a drug cartel, which may have mistaken the group’s caravan of three SUVs for rivals, Mexican authorities said Tuesday.

The filmmaker working with Raniere at the time, Mark Vicente, told the online magazine Slate that the documentary ultimately became a recruiting video for Nxivm, which purported to be a self-help group but morphed into what the feds called a cult that sexually, physically and emotionally abused its mainly female followers.

The film included an interview with Julian LeBaron, who identified himself as the cousin of one of the moms killed Monday and who is a leader of the Mexico Mormon community. LeBaron’s brother was kidnapped by a local drug cartel in 2009, and the family defiantly refused to pay a ransom. The cartel eventually released the abducted man.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    In the aftermath of a gruesome cartel massacre where gunmen killed nine women and children from a U.S. family and injured several others, Mexico’s president declined the help of U.S. military and security forces to go to “war” with cartels.

During his morning press conference, Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (AMLO) said war is the worst way to deal with cartels and that those who have lived it, know it. The statement came in response to a series of tweets by President Donald Trump, stating that the U.S. was ready to go to “war” upon invitation.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...ainst-cartels/
    m

I wonder what Manny's plan is ... and is this his condolence msg to the relatives of the slaughtered; ''the worst way
    to deal with the Cartels is to punish/eradicate them...?''

I'm also a bit sick of liberals attempting to convince us that Mexico is safe (with charts) , for Christ's sake, in Mexico
    you don't have the Natural right to defend yourself, the same is being pushed on us here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Fake News loves to spin, distort and imply what is not there. Mention the US-Mexican Border, and they can create an immigration-Trump association in people’s minds. This massacre is Trump’s fault.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Spare me.

There are rotten apples in every barrel and I'm sure I could dig up crimes by any religious denomination during religious wars throughout history.

The people you mention by name probably are capable of immense evil because they are evil but not because they are Mormons.
    Relax

This is a man-bites-dog analogy.

Women killed in Mexican cartel murders had alleged ties to sex cult Nxivm

The nine women and children slaughtered in Mexico on Monday were part of a Mormon community with ties to the alleged sex-cult Nxivm.

The outpost Mormon community in Mexico is where underlings of Nxivm leader Keith Raniere recruited young women to work as nannies in an upstate New York compound run by the accused cult — suggesting at least in part that the jobs would get the girls away from their home region’s drug violence, according a man hired by Raniere to produce a documentary about the group.

The three moms and six kids killed in Monday’s violence in the northern town of Sonora are believed to have been the victims of a drug cartel, which may have mistaken the group’s caravan of three SUVs for rivals, Mexican authorities said Tuesday.

The filmmaker working with Raniere at the time, Mark Vicente, told the online magazine Slate that the documentary ultimately became a recruiting video for Nxivm, which purported to be a self-help group but morphed into what the feds called a cult that sexually, physically and emotionally abused its mainly female followers.

The film included an interview with Julian LeBaron, who identified himself as the cousin of one of the moms killed Monday and who is a leader of the Mexico Mormon community. LeBaron’s brother was kidnapped by a local drug cartel in 2009, and the family defiantly refused to pay a ransom. The cartel eventually released the abducted man.
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/05/women-...ex-cult-nxivm/

Who knows what kind of “ties” there actually are, but I’d wager that some of these “Morman” (or FLDS?) groups in Mexico are polygamists. Very possible that a girl escaped that and ended up in another cult. Not much of a tie, other than a fertile hunting ground for victims.

Who remembers when FLDS groups in the US were the outrage of the day?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now it gets interesting.

Were they killed to keep them from talking?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump says US is ready to help Mexico ‘wage WAR’ on drug cartels after Americans killed in amb

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/05/trum...g-cartels.html

Just talking tough- he won't follow through on using the US military. He never follows up on military threats (something Iran and North Korea are fully aware of). Mexico turned down the offer anyways.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday said that the United States is willing to help Mexico “wage WAR on the drug cartels” in the country, following the deaths of at least nine Americans, including six children, who reportedly came under attack in a highway ambush in a Mexican border state Monday.

“If Mexico needs or requests help in cleaning out these monsters, the United States stands ready, willing & able to get involved and do the job quickly and effectively,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “The great new President of Mexico has made this a big issue, but the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!”

“This is the time for Mexico, with the help of the United States, to wage WAR on the drug cartels and wipe them off the face of the earth. We merely await a call from your great new president!” Trump added.

Later Tuesday, the White House said that Trump offered “assistance” to Mexico in a conversation with the country’s president, Manuel Lopez Obrador.

“President Trump made clear that the United States condemns these senseless acts of violence that took the lives of nine American citizens” in the call, and offered help to “ensure the perpetrators face justice,” the White House said in a statement.

“The two leaders also discussed ongoing border cooperation and the strong bilateral ties between the United States and Mexico,” the White House added.

Lopez Obrador said he thanked Trump for his willingness to help, adding that the Mexican government would ensure justice was done, Reuters reported.

The White House did not respond to CNBC’s question about whether Trump’s tweet suggested he was willing to send U.S. troops to Mexico to confront drug cartels.

Mexican Security Minister Alfonso Durazo said that the U.S. citizens ambushed on a Sonora highway late Monday may have been confused with criminal groups fighting for control in that region.

Lopez Obrador has said he wants to crack down on drug-related violence in his country. But there was no immediate indication that Mexico would allow U.S. troops into the country to help with those efforts.

Asked Tuesday morning if Mexico would accept U.S. help on this security issue, Lopez Obrador said that he doesn’t believe his country will need foreign intervention to deal with such cases, Reuters reported.

Lopez Obrador did say that Mexico is willing to work with the FBI, provided its national sovereignty is upheld, according to Reuters.

So, you're criticizing him for not starting another war?
    "The Patriarch"

This $#@! would go way if we could just learn from history and end the war on drugs. The cartels would cease to exist.
    "The Patriarch"

Zippy should be deported to Mexico to fight for freedom.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Zippy should be deported to Mexico to fight for freedom.
    Can we have a vote on it?
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast