Thread: The Kingdom of God is the Queeerest of Nations

The Kingdom of God is the Queeerest of Nations

Christian Hymn Society Releases ‘Queeer Hymns’ for LGBTQIA2S+

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2019...for-lgbtqia2s/

THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D. 5 Nov 2019

A group known as the Hymn Society has released a collection titled Songs for the Holy Other: Hymns Affirming the LGBTQIA2S+ Community for liturgical use in the United States and Canada.

Among the nearly 50 “Queeer hymns” featured in the collection are: “God of Queeer Transgressive Spaces,” “Lovely, Needy People,” “Quirky Queeer and Wonderful” and “The Kingdom of God is the *****est of Nations.”

The ecumenical, non-profit Hymn Society released the hymnal in July but it was publicized just last week by Anglican Journal, the publication of the Anglican Church of Canada, which praised the work for offering “further potential for music as a source of affirmation and inclusion.”

Sydney Brouillard-Coyle, the “gender-non-conforming” music director at St. Paul’s Anglican Church in Essex, Ontario, called the collection “an amazing resource for music directors and for priests who are looking for hymns that are affirming for the LGBT community.”

The preface for Songs for the Holy Other laments the building of walls and calls for dismantling these walls through music.

“In our society and in our churches, we continue to build walls marking ‘out’ and ‘in,’” the text reads. “We continue to mark boundaries of ‘us’ and ‘them,’ of ‘normal’ and ‘other.’”

“Songs for the Holy Other aims to provide congregations working to dismantle these walls with a toolbox of hymns by and for those who identify as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, nonbinary, queeer, questioning, intersex, asexual, aromantic, two-spirit, and other sexual/gender minority (LGBTQIA2S+) community and their allies,” it proclaims.

The preface also explains that the title of the collection, Songs for the Holy Other, “is a self-conscious claiming of otherness as holy and beloved of God.”

“We who have been labeled as ‘wholly other’ are claiming our holiness, and reclaiming our otherness as a prophetic witness to the church,” it states.

One of the hymns, “God of Many Faces,” by Amy Cerniglia, calls for the worship of the “God of many genders,” whose multiplicity is reflected in all of creation.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-05-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Af, I know these things really upset you, and they should. Please remember that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. His truth never changes.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The Breitbart article is gone. I really wanted to know what the asterisks are for.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

as in the days of Noah,,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Nothing new under the sun. Sodom and Gomorrah

Ecclesiastes 1:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

1 Peter 4:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Matthew 7:21-23 King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 19:4-6 King James Version (KJV)

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    Last edited by donnay; 11-05-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    The Breitbart article is gone.
    Usually a sign it was more fakenews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    The Breitbart article is gone. I really wanted to know what the asterisks are for.
    https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2019...for-lgbtqia2s/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hymn-society-640x480.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	7192
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Such a $#@!ed up place this world is becoming.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Usually a sign it was more fakenews.
    @acptulsa

Quite real.

Here's their website and a form to download the hymnal in .pdf format.

https://thehymnsociety.org/resources...he-holy-other/

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

In our society and in our churches, we continue to build walls marking “out” and “in”. We continue to mark boundaries of “us” and “them”, of “normal” and “other”. Songs for the Holy Other aims to provide congregations working to dismantle these walls with a toolbox of hymns by and for those who identify as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, nonbinary, *****, questioning, intersex, asexual, aromantic, two-spirit, and other sexual/gender minority (LGBTQIA2S+) community and their allies. For many members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community, assimilation is not an option; we continue to be othered for our identities, relationship-styles, dis/abilities, race, economic status, and more. The title, Songs for the Holy Other, is a self-conscious claiming of otherness as holy and beloved of God. We who have been labeled as “wholly other” are claiming our holiness, and reclaiming our otherness as a prophetic witness to the church.

Hymn writer and theologian Rev. Dr. Carl P. Daw, Jr., FHS writes: “Human otherness (of whatever kind) provides a sacramental reminder of the ultimate otherness of God, and openness to human otherness has the potential to enlarge our perception of and receptivity to divine otherness. It is also an essential element of human maturity to recognize otherness, i.e. to know where the self ends and otherness begins, whether that otherness be other people or non-human objects. From a theological perspective, “otherness” is a necessary dimension of the movement from the disappointments of self-sufficiency to the assurances of trust in God.”

The gifts God has given us are not in spite of our otherness, our *****ness, our LGBTQIA2S+ identities, but rather our identities are inextricably tied up in our God-given gifts, and are, in and of themselves, a gift to the church, as we reflect the rainbow diversity of God’s creation.

This collection emerged from a desire to make ***** hymns — hymns by, for, or about the LGBTQIA2S+ community — accessible to a wider range of congregations. While the idea emerged from the membership of the The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada, and the committee was made up of LGBTQIA2S+ and allied members of The Hymn Society, it would not have been possible without the support of the staff and executive committee of the The Hymn Society. We also realize that there are many more authors and composers than we could include in this collection. We celebrate the contributions of those who have paved the way for this collection, and hope to create a dynamic resource of additional resources that are available to congregations in the near future.

PROJECT WORKING GROUP

Cedar Klassen, Kitchener, ON – Coordinator*
    CJ Redden-Liotta, Annandale, VA – Music Editor*
    David Bjorlin, Chicago, IL – Executive Committee Liaison
    Stephanie Budwey, Nashville, TN*
    Tom Baynham, St. Louis, MO
    Matthew Messenger, Manassas, VA
    T. Wes Moore, Pollocksville, NC
    Slats Toole, Princeton, NJ*
    *These members self-identify as members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community

CONTENTS

A Hymn for Self-Acceptance – Wesley King
    Alchemy of Healing – Gilo
    All Belong Here – Lenora Rand
    All Colors of the Rainbow – Carl P. Daw
    As Colors in the Sky – Dan Damon
    Blest Be the Holy Other – Dan Windham
    Christ Our Health – Edward Moran
    Fearfully, Wonderfully Made – Nathan Crabtree and Erik Whitehill
    For all the Children – David Lohman
    For Those Who Suffered – Benjamin Smith
    God Calls You Good – Paul Vasile
    God Gave This World – Carmen Llanos
    God Loves Us in Mysterious Ways – Edward Moran
    God of Many Faces – Amy Cerniglia
    God of ***** Transgressive Spaces – Edward Moran
    God’s Limitless Imagination – David Lohman
    God’s Love is Boundless – Adam M. L. Tice
    I Know That God Loves Me – Sherry Klinedinst
    I Met a Stranger on the Road – David Bjorlin
    I Shall Not Leave from by Your Side – Chris Shelton
    Impartial, Compassionate God – Adrienne Stricker
    Jesus, You Have Truly Called Us – Dan Damon
    Like the Weeping Willow – Amy Sens
    Love Astounding – Jeannette Lindholm
    Love’s Rage and Grief – Jeannette Lindholm
    Lovely, Needy People – Lenora Rand
    New patterns for Living – Barbara Hamm
    O God, Bestow Your Love and Care – Barbara Hamm
    Pour Your Freedom Over Me – Cheryl Bragg
    *****ly Beloved – Amanda Udis-Kessler
    Quirky, ***** and Wonderful – Adam M. L. Tice
    Rest in Power – Elaine Romaneli
    Rise Up – Kim Jamae Williams
    Sing a New World into Being – Mary Louise Bringle
    The Dove Will Fly on Mended Wing – Tim Reaburn
    The Heart Will Choose the One It Loves – Barbara Hamm
    The Kingdom of God is the *****est of Nations – Amanda Udis-Kessler
    The Love That Goes Unspoken – Mary Louise Bringle
    Transfigure Me – Christopher Grundy
    We Are a Rainbow – David Kai
    We Are The Hidden – Slats Toole
    We’ll Build a World – David Lohman
    Weary Seekers – Gretchen Toler Debus
    When Comes the Time – John Schimminger
    Who Is the Alien – Mary Louise Bringle
    With Open Hearts – Mary-Ellen Kish
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

If all men are made in God's image, God must be at least partially gay. (God lied about that Tree of Knowledge thing too- he said that if Adam ate of it, he would die. "but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."" He didn't. )
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-05-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If all men are made in God's image, God must be at least partially gay.
    WRONG.
    Being gay is not part of anyone, it is a choice, if anyone has a greater inclination/temptation towards it that is an imperfection that they must deal with.
    You might as well claim GOD is partly crippled because some are born crippled.

Stay out of religious arguments, you are horrible at it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

(God lied about that Tree of Knowledge thing too- he said that if Adam ate of it, he would die. "but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."" He didn't. )
    Exposing yourself as a Satanist again.
    Adam did die, until he ate from the tree of knowledge and was driven out of the Garden he didn't age and would never have died.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Almost always the mothers pushing this $#@!...

‘Openly Queeer’ Pastor’s Wife Celebrates Transgender Daughter’s Puberty Blockers

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...erty-blockers/

DR. SUSAN BERRY 6 Nov 2019

An “openly queeer” pastor’s wife is celebrating her 12-year-old transgender daughter’s surgery to place a puberty-blocking implant in her arm in order to “prevent her from progressing farther into puberty.”

According to her website, Jamie Bruesehoff is the wife of a Lutheran pastor and mother of three children, one of whom, Rebekah, claims to be transgender.

As National File reported, Bruesehoff’s Facebook post Friday that celebrated her daughter’s puberty blocker implant has gone viral.

“Today, this kid showed her strength once again,” Bruesehoff boasted. “Today, she did something that was hard and scary. Today, she made herself proud.”

Rebekah’s mother said taking puberty blockers “is one example of what medically appropriate, medically necessary, life-affirming, and often literally life-saving treatment looks like for a transgender child.”

Bruesehoff continued:

That is the face of a girl terrified of hospitals and needles, but more terrified of having to live life as someone she is not. That is the face of a girl feeling on top of the world, knowing her body won’t betray her and she’s one step closer to the woman she will grow up to be.

In her Facebook post, Bruesehoff further thanked her husband’s church’s health insurance plan that covered the puberty blockers.

“With news of further discrimination out of the White House spreading and GOP lawmakers in multiples states trying to prohibit gender affirming, life saving care like this for minors, I’m immensely grateful for my child’s medical care,” she added. “EVERY kid deserves access to that care. We must fight those who want to prevent kids like her from living the lives they deserve.”

Bruesehoff received much negative feedback on her post. She posted again on Tuesday that comments on her page “are filled with some not-so-nice people.”

“It seems my daughter’s trans affirming medical care has drawn some negative attention,” she said, and then doubled down on the benefits of blocking a child’s normal puberty progression:

This page is NOT an open forum. It is not a place to debate the validity of trans people or question affirming transgender children. I will not leave comments threatening my family with violence (yes, they are all being reported), accusing us of child abuse, or spreading dangerous misinformation.

Bruesehoff said she is encouraged by “other parents of trans kids who are so thankful to see someone else speaking about their experience.”

“The messages from trans youth letting me know that Rebekah sharing her story publicly has empowered them,” she continued, and added statements that have already been debunked by physicians who have not caved to the radical LGBTQ agenda:

In case anyone is confused, let’s clear up a few things.

+ Every major medical organization supports affirming transgender young people.

+ Puberty blockers are not responsible for thousands of children’s death. The cancer they had was responsible.

+ No one is doing surgery or anything irreversible to young children. It’s simply not true.

+ The data clearly shows that when transgender young people are supported and affirmed, their rates of suicide, depression, and anxiety drop. Whereas when we attempt to change youth’s gender or sexuality, it DOUBLES their risk of suicide. (Trevor Project, 2019 Mental Health Study).

On its website, Trevor Project says it provides “crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, ***** & questioning (LGBTQ) young people.”

It is one of the many activist organizations that has promoted the narrative that children with gender dysphoria who are not immediately “affirmed” in their new gender identity have a greater chance of committing suicide — a theme that has instilled fear in parents of children with mental health issues that involve gender identity.

More physicians and analysts of the transgender movement are publicly asserting the claim that puberty blockers are a “reversible treatment” — recently announced by the Pediatric Endocrine Society — is blatantly false.

One of the primary reasons all agree the claim is false is that no long-term studies have been conducted on children who have had their normal puberty suppressed with drugs.

Idaho-based endocrinologist Dr. William Malone told Breitbart News puberty suppression is “frequently called reversible, but it’s not.”

He explained:

Normal bone density development is interfered with and probably brain development too. Almost all children placed on puberty blockers go on to cross-sex hormones—meaning puberty blockers solidify and sometimes intensify dysphoria.

It’s hard to call these impacts reversible. There have been no long-term studies done on children who have had normal puberty blocked. In no other area of medicine would a medical society be so cavalier about treatments with unknown consequences. Caution is the rule in such situations, and always has been. This departure from the typical standard of care deserves more scrutiny.

California-based endocrinologist Dr. Michael Laidlaw also said in a statement to Breitbart News organizations such as the Pediatric Endocrine Society “have created an institutionalized childhood pathway towards sterility.”

“Why would organizations, that are ostensibly out to help children, actually harm them in a most profound way?” he asked, and then explained the progression of how medical societies have been infiltrated by radical transgender activists with “one of the most insidious child sterilization programs ever devised”:

It’s really critical to understand that our medical organizations beginning with the Endocrine Society and moving on to the Pediatric Endocrine Society and American Academy of Pediatricians, that with respect to this topic they have been taken over by the most radical elements. These radical trans activists were involved in writing the Endocrine Society guidelines in 2009 and 2017. These are low to no quality evidence guidelines, and anyone can read for themselves the poor evidence they have for these treatments for children and adolescents.

In an interview with Breitbart News in October 2018, Atlanta-based pediatric endocrinologist Dr. Quentin Van Meter said, since the transgender movement developed, every patient who has come to him claiming to be transgender “has come from a totally dysfunctional family.”

“There’s nothing normal about the environment where these children are brought up,” he said. “There are emotional traumas left and right. It is so obvious that what we’re doing is painting over the trauma.”

Van Meter initially trained with psychologist John Money, whom he described as creating “the preamble, if you will, to the transgender movement,” at Johns Hopkins University.

After years of watching the transgender movement advance, Van Meter has concluded transgender activists want to keep buried the serious mental health issues within their community and have even influenced 18 state legislatures to pass laws making it illegal for therapists to explore with their child patients the reasons why they may be uncomfortable with their biological sex.

“This is the recruitment of a cult,” Van Meter said. “It is so scary, and I am so overwhelmingly worried about the welfare of this population of people 30 years out.”

(God lied about that Tree of Knowledge thing too- he said that if Adam ate of it, he would die. "but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."" He didn't. )

Adam is still around?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Here's their website and a form to download the hymnal in .pdf format.

https://thehymnsociety.org/resources...he-holy-other/
    The most recently written hymn I've sung in the last 5 years is a short hymn for St Herman of Alaska, who was beatified in 1970.
    His hymn is to remember the actual life of a man born in the 1750s who was the polar opposite of how Christianity spread in the rest of North America.
    He showed up and immediately excommunicated all the Russians who had been abusing the natives. Then learned the native languages and began teaching them about Christ, at the same time working to take care of them as people and help the poor meet their needs.

That's a "new" hymn, written to exemplify a man who travelled to the edge of the universe to live in the freezing cold on short commons to preach to people who may as well have come from another planet.

Joyful North Star of the Church of Christ
    Guiding all people to the heavenly kingdom
    Teacher and apostle of the true faith
    Intercessor and defender of the oppressed
    Blessed father Herman of Alaska
    Pray to our Lord Jesus Christ for the salvation of our souls

On one hand we have someone stopping alcoholics beating up women and children, and on the other hand we have people who can't just wander into any bakery and demand service. All this alphabet soup fake oppression garbage is as foreign to my Christian experience as it can possibly get.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

If all men are made in God's image, God must be at least partially gay. (God lied about that Tree of Knowledge thing too- he said that if Adam ate of it, he would die. "but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."" He didn't. )
    Are you saying he didn't eat it or that he didn't die?
    Last edited by tfurrh; 11-08-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.