Thread: Rand Paul endorses Arnold Mooney for Senate — ‘True freedom-loving conservative’

Rand Paul endorses Arnold Mooney for Senate — ‘True freedom-loving conservative’

U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) on Thursday endorsed State Rep. Arnold Mooney (R-Indian Springs) in Alabama’s 2020 Republican Senate primary.
    In a statement to Yellowhammer News, Paul said, “Alabama deserves a true freedom-loving conservative who supports President Trump and can win this race. I believe Arnold Mooney is the man who can do it, and I’m proud to endorse him today.”
    This comes after Mooney was endorsed earlier this week by former U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC), who also has served as president of the Heritage Foundation and founded the Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF). The SCF previously endorsed Mooney in the race.
    Proud to receive the endorsement of a conservative hero, Senator Jim DeMint! #ALSEN pic.twitter.com/BYYp3yqQUp
    — Arnold Mooney (@ArnoldforAL) October 29, 2019
    In addition to Paul and DeMint, Mooney already boasts the endorsement of U.S. Senator Mike Lee (R-UT).
    The gaze of keen political observers will likely now turn to U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), as he, Paul, Lee and DeMint frequently back the same candidates in races across the country. DeMint’s SCF actually helped elect Cruz, Paul and Lee early this decade.
    Mooney has also been endorsed by conservative pundit and talk radio host Mark Levin in Alabama’s Senate race, as well as Republican Congressman Mo Brooks (AL-05).
    Serving his second term in the Yellowhammer State’s House of Representatives, Mooney represents a portion of Shelby County. He is the only candidate in the race to have run television advertisements as of yet.
    With former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore set to qualify on Thursday, all of the major GOP candidates who have announced bids for the Senate have qualified.
    Recent polls have shown former Auburn University head football coach Tommy Tuberville leading by double digits, followed by Congressman Bradley Byrne (AL-01), Moore, Secretary of State John Merrill and Mooney. However, a poll has not been made public since Mooney started his TV advertising.
    Rumors remain rampant that former Attorney General Jeff Sessions may join this already crowded field and attempt to win back his old seat.

More at: https://yellowhammernews.com/rand-pa...-conservative/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    I back whoever can win.
    And what is your opinion of Mooney in relation to that policy?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.arnoldmooney.com/issues

RELIGIOUS FREEDOM

America was founded on the principles of religious freedom, but today religious freedom is under siege. Democrat presidential candidates campaign on removing the tax exempt status for churches based on their religious beliefs. Liberal media outlets and radical Leftists manufacture outrage to marginalize and create controversy around mainstream religious beliefs and values.

Courts and state and local governments are threatening fines and imprisonment if Americans refuse to violate their conscience or beliefs.

As a U.S. Senator, I would use the platform to defend religious freedom and protect churches from assault by rogue judges, the LGBT movement, or anyone who tries to marginalize our First Amendment rights.

IMMIGRATION & BORDER SECURITY

There has been a fundamental failure to connect the dots of the wholly negative impact that rampant and unchecked illegal immigration has on the American people, the health of our society, and the rule of law.

Our existing immigration laws are either not being enforced or are being interpreted so liberally that it mitigates the entire point of such laws.

I will go to war with anyone - Republican or Democrat - who dares sell out Alabama workers for cheap illegal labor on the backs of broken economic promises, who dares endanger Alabama families for open borders in the false name of compassion, and who dares suggest that support for a secure border and safe communities is anything other than an act of patriotism and love for one’s family and neighbors.

GUN RIGHTS

I strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and its constitutional guarantee for Americans right to keep and bear arms. Period. The right to protect oneself and family is a God given right.

The Second Amendment is not up for debate or discussion. Our nation has been wracked by the evil acts of individuals and the progressive Left has gone all in on effectively repealing the Second Amendment and destroying constitutional due process rights.

STANDING UP TO CHINA

Access to relatively deregulated foreign markets is critical for our economy, our farmers, and our businesses. However, hostile nations like communist China have long manipulated our desire to see the free flow and exchange of goods and services as a means of growing their influence and exporting their authoritarian philosophy.

The steady stream of American businesses bending a knee to communist China in the name of money - and access to what they believe is a growing market - is eroding our institutions, undermining our values, and pitting American companies against the American people.

SPENDING

The federal government continues to bury future generations of Americans further into debt. Without an immediate and sustained effort to reverse the trend, Americans will suffer dire consequences. The United States is rapidly approaching $24 trillion in national debt, a figure that doesn’t even include unfunded liabilities in excess of $100 trillion. Reigning in the national debt is one of my top priorities.

FREE MARKET HEALTHCARE

Our healthcare is a vital area of concern to all Alabamians and we have suffered with onerous and harmful federal intervention. We have just begun to see the catastrophic impact of Obamacare. Healthcare cannot be micromanaged at the national level. Obamacare must be repealed and entitlement programs like Medicaid reformed, not expanded. Healthcare reforms should be patient-doctor relationship centered.

Healthcare freedom is the only answer to address increasingly high costs, narrowing access, and diminishing quality of care.

What is healthcare freedom? It is a patient centered system wherein patients and physicians directly interface, free from federal interference and third-party bureaucrats (government or insurance) distorting costs and inhibiting patient choice.

PRO LIFE & PRO FAMILY

Life is precious and begins at conception. The unborn cannot speak for themselves, and I strongly believe that as a society we are judged by how we protect those who are the most vulnerable. There is no group more vulnerable than the unborn. Watching my children experience the miracle of life with their growing families has only further cemented my unwavering belief in safe guarding the unborn’s right to life.

Marriage is the union of one man and one woman. Marriage is the foundation of a strong family. Families are the most basic building block to a strong, vibrant community and society. The foundation of marriage should be strengthened and respected, not redefined.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.