Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Americans Hate One Another. Impeachment Isn’t Helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I post about things as they happen or come up for the most part, I have promoted secession many times and it wouldn't do much good to randomly post a thread saying "we should secede" when I already say that whenever it comes up.
    Oh, I think you're being too modest... I'll admit I can't keep up with your posts, but from what I see from you secession is a lightly covered topic, but if "doing much good" is the standard you'd hold yourself to with regard to the volume of posts you make favoring Trump and his positions, this board would be somewhere around 50,000 posts lighter than it is, how about it?

And promoting Trump is pushing things towards the division and secession that we need if the frog is ever to jump out of the pot, we will need much of what Trump does and the support of his supporters if we ever do secede.
    So your advocacy of Trump is implicit advocacy of secessionism, then? This seems specious.

And until we do get a secession movement we have to do what we can to preserve and restore our rights and Trump is the first best step in that direction in my lifetime.
    You don't think the 53K posts you've made here in 3.5 years couldn't have been put toward advocacy of secessionism? Without having run any numbers, I'd wager you're the most prolific posting member at this forum. I'll compare you with AF, who's been not-quite-as prolific as you, but has certainly in his runner-up role been influential, to say the least... I don't think it's accurate to say that if you really were an advocate of secessionism that you couldn't move the needle here. I mean, you clearly care about moving the needle here... I guess what I'm saying is that if you really cared about secession, then a majority of your posts here would be about secession.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not going to have that debate right now, I post lots of good things that he does and this thread is about the division in America that is coming to a head not about Trump's good and bad actions.
    Why would you not have that debate!? Last time I calculated it, you averaged one post every 15 minutes... that's of everyday, of every hour... you could have this debate and 3 others at the exact same time at that rate!

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Oh, I think you're being too modest... I'll admit I can't keep up with your posts, but from what I see from you secession is a lightly covered topic, but if "doing much good" is the standard you'd hold yourself to with regard to the volume of posts you make favoring Trump and his positions, this board would be somewhere around 50,000 posts lighter than it is, how about it?

So your advocacy of Trump is implicit advocacy of secessionism, then? This seems specious.

You don't think the 53K posts you've made here in 3.5 years couldn't have been put toward advocacy of secessionism? Without having run any numbers, I'd wager you're the most prolific posting member at this forum. I'll compare you with AF, who's been not-quite-as prolific as you, but has certainly in his runner-up role been influential, to say the least... I don't think it's accurate to say that if you really were an advocate of secessionism that you couldn't move the needle here. I mean, you clearly care about moving the needle here... I guess what I'm saying is that if you really cared about secession, then a majority of your posts here would be about secession.
    There is a crying need for secession advocacy here?
    How many people here don't support it?

And I'm not going to have a long debate justifying my posting habits with you, I consistently advocate for secession and those who pay attention know it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

There is a crying need for secession advocacy here?
    How many people here don't support it?
    Is there a crying need for Trump advocacy here?

And I'm not going to have a long debate justifying my posting habits with you, I consistently advocate for secession and those who pay attention know it.
    No, I'm sure you're not. It's well documented what you advocate for here, and it's not secessionism.

Let's not be obtuse, SS. It's undignified.

Is there a crying need for Trump advocacy here?

No, I'm sure you're not. It's well documented what you advocate for here, and it's not secessionism.

Let's not be obtuse, SS. It's undignified.
    Dignity is not in play here.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Does that make what I said any less true?
    Well, yeah...

Anyone who tells you to fight without telling you very specifically who to fight and why
    By not saying who, specifically, it is meant to keep you and the writer, out of trouble.

Anyone who does get specific, on a public forum, is either a kook, who will get you in trouble, or an agent, who will get you in trouble.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, this is true, although impeachment is nothing more than an indicator and not a cause.

I could not possibly care less what the system decides to do to El' Jefe' Narjano, he's got enough resources to take care of himself.

My political opposites have fully and openly embraced, among many other things not listed, the following: infanticide, globalized totalitarianism, weirdosexual grooming of prepubescent children to normalize homosexual pedophilia, open warfare on the entire Bill of Rights, not just the 2nd Amendment, nationalized healthcare, banning of internal combustion engine vehicles, universal welfare payments, the forced replacement and subsequent displacement of me and my posterity, wealth re-distribution and reparations.

Most importantly they have openly embraced the economic and political ideologies of collectivist authoritarianism aka "communism", "Leninism", "Maoism" and so on. These philosophies were directly responsible for the slaughter, by government, of hundreds of millions of people last century. US Leftists, Bolsheviks, Jacobins or whatever name you wish to put on them, are a clear and present danger.

They are, and deserve to be, hated, shunned and also feared as powerful enemies.
    This x1000

So, it's unlikely they won't let us secede with out a fight, and also either way a fight is headed our way... then why isn't secession your first priority?

I'm not convinced that "the left" wouldn't let "us" secede without a fight... I think they'd be more than happy to let the rubes go to languish on their own in places like Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Appalachia maybe...
    Not true, leftists demand total domination, thats why they flood every state with illegals who vote left and keep voter ID laws lax. You are seeing great migration patterns now of leftist voters moving from California to states like Texas. They hate homeschoolers and self reliance. they are mad, and want to bring us all down.

Yeah... Leftist apologists, y'all keep up the good work.

Every time I make up my mind to NOT vote for Trump, somebody "reminds" me that men in dresses wanting to rape our children are just middle American types... no worries.... and that puts me right back on the Trump train.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Every time I make up my mind to NOT vote for Trump, somebody "reminds" me that men in dresses wanting to rape our children are just middle American types.
    Who said this?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Who said this?
    .... mhmm

Nobody here is apologizing for leftists or saying they're right, nor is anyone saying they aren't brainwashed. The point is, Washington is a bipartisan malevolent evil scheming to do us harm, and the Slate reader next door is just as much their victim as you are.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Nobody here is apologizing for leftists or saying they're right, nor is anyone saying they aren't brainwashed. The point is, Washington is a bipartisan malevolent evil scheming to do us harm, and the Slate reader next door is just as much their victim as you are.

One may be a victim and victimize others, the leftist next door is just as much our enemy as the communists he votes for.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One may be a victim and victimize others, the leftist next door is just as much our enemy as the communists he votes for.
    Clearly you live next door to Barbara Boxer. Sounds like a personal problem to me.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Clearly you live next door to Barbara Boxer. Sounds like a personal problem to me.
    Leftist voters are just as much responsible for imposing communism on us as those they vote for.
    Anyone who imposes communism on us is our enemy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Leftist voters are just as much responsible for imposing communism on us as those they vote for.
    By that logic, you're just as responsible for the bump stock ban as Trump.

By that logic, literally everyone who votes is condemned, including yourself. Not a very effective strategy for advancing an important cause.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    By that logic, literally everyone who votes is condemned, including yourself. Not a very effective strategy for advancing an important cause.
    Ah, but he heaps even more blame on those who don't vote. Voters are as guilty as the criminals for voting for the criminals, and non-voters are more guilty than the criminals for not voting for other criminals.

I'm sure the District of Criminality appreciates all the cover he's trying to give them. But I ain't buying it.

By that logic, you're just as responsible for the bump stock ban as Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    And there is a difference between voting for the best available option and voting for the worst, those who vote for the best option don't bear the same responsibility as those who vote for the worst.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yep- there is no left/right in the fed- just divisions created to make everyone bark at each other with blame, taking their eye off of what is really gong on.
    There is no spoon.

Ah, but he heaps even more blame on those who don't vote. Voters are as guilty as the criminals for voting for the criminals, and non-voters are more guilty than the criminals for not voting for other criminals.
    That is a lie, I have never said people who don't vote are just as guilty as those who vote for outright communism.

I'm sure the District of Criminality appreciates all the cover he's trying to give them. But I ain't buying it.
    I'm not giving cover to anyone, you are giving cover to communists who would find communists to vote for if every single current politician died tomorrow.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That may very well be, I won't dispute it.

But the Slate reader has been schemed into adopting a position that takes from me.

Where, whatever malevolent schemes I may be victim of, I still maintain a position that would leave that Slate reader be.

I have no desire to use to the state to rob his income, or tax his property or ban his possessions.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

.... mhmm
    So in other words, you made up the whole thing and you are just as reactionary and gullible as the nevertrumpers you fear?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Well and truly spoken, sir.

Should we wait for that, or should we start talking about it here and start taking that message out to the public? Because the discourse here, quite frankly, is dominated by Swordsmyth and tho' he's saying he's "for secession" in this thread, the vast majority of his impressive volume of posts here are unquestionably Trumpist across the boards... and to be sure I'm all for giving credit where it's due when and ONLY WHEN Trump acts in favor of liberty - which is how Ron via the RPLR handles Trump, I might add... but that is NOT how SS is portraying Trump here.

Anyway, secessionism IS THE path forward for this movement. And we shouldn't be waiting for the implosion... then it will have been too late, because we of like mind will be encumbered by the rightist authoritarians that tod evans mentioned above in whatever comes of the country next. We need to be fertilizing the secessionist ground with true libertarian ideas NOW, and not peddling in half-measures and "3D Chess" nonsense that draws those rightist authoritarians - the cop-suckers, the nationalists, the neocons - into positions of intellectual influence going forward.
    Vermont has the right idea - they are building community wired networks that dont rely on big wireless or ISPs.
    https://www.ecfiber.net

According to this resource:
    https://muninetworks.org/communitymap

Nineteen states have barriers in place that discourage or prevent local communities from deciding locally if such an investment is a wise decision. We strongly believe these decisions should be made locally, based on needs, capacity, and desire of the community itself.

Self reliant communities to states, etc are good steps in the direction of secession.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Americans Hate One Another. Impeachment Isn’t Helping.

Why the ongoing fight may leave Democrats and Republicans even more suspicious of the other side
    Things are still far from ideal in terms of national harmony but it would be wise to acknowledge that things are getting better, certianly national tone sounds much better compared to polarized atmoshphere of 2016, a year that marked the end of the historic term of America's first black President Barack Hussein Obama. Part of it could be that currenty hybrid of sorts POTUS (half Dem - half NY Republican) may be in unique position to bridge the gaps as 'bipartisan' is his middle name.

The Number of Democrats Showing Up at Trump Rallies Is Stunning

If anyone differs with this view, offer any compelling argument to counter this view.

From other thread on diversity:

Past Political Climate
    (not as pro-diversity, more divisions & polarization):

Bipartisan harmony/diversity:

Only 42% of Republicans Say Obama Was Born in America

http://washingtonindependent.com/533...orn-in-america

54 Percent of Republicans Believe Obama Is a Muslim

February 26, 2015
    Alex Theodoridis, an assistant professor of political science at the University of California, Merced, described the results as "staggering" in an article for The Washington Post on Wednesday.
    christianpost

Poll... Republicans See Obama as a Greater Threat Than Putin or Assad

Publisher of the ‘Atlanta Jewish Times’ suggests Mossad should assassinate Obama over US Iran policy
    Jan 20, 2012

Religious diversity/Semitism:

Trump: If Sheldon Adelson Backs Rubio "He'll Have Total Control" Over Him

Trump tweets image depicting Clinton, cash and the Star of David

Hillary Clinton praying with Pastor Billy Graham

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)
    NIXON: “Newsweek” is totally — it's all run by Jews and dominated by them in their editorial pages. The “New York Times, the “Washington Post”, totally Jewish too.
    GRAHAM: And they're the ones putting out the pornographic stuff. But this stranglehold has got to be broken or this country is going to go down the drain.
    NIXON: Do you believe that?
    GRAHAM: Yes, sir.
    NIXON: I can't ever say it, but I believe it.
    GRAHAM: But if you get elected a second time, we might be able to do something.
    (END AUDIO CLIP)

Gender orientation diversity/LGBTQ rights:

Sep 30, 2015
    House Tea Party Caucus Chair Michele Bachmann Believes God Could Destroy The Nation Over Gay Marriage

Present Political Climate
    (increasingly pro-diversity/woke on social justice issues, relatively less polarization):

Bipartisan harmony/diversity:

Trump: Pelosi loves this country

Dinesh D’Souza Compares Donald Trump to Abraham Lincoln

Trump condemns ‘racism, bigotry and white supremacy’

Trump reiterates claim that he wants more legal immigration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjHPDzUOe2U

10-26-2018
    Trump says very soon there will be a Black President
    While talking to black leaders earlier today, he said very soon one of you will be a President.. or three, four of you will be where I am.

Donald Trump Launches 'Black Voices For Trump' Campaign for 2020

Trump pardons Jack Johnson erasing conviction for violating Anti White Slave Act

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6yFrbOQ24

US approves more H-1B visas this year
    Oct 14, 2019

Religious diversity/Semitism:

Expert reverses course, says Trump's ‘most pro-Israel president ever’
    But on January 30, in the aftermath of his discussion on the Wall Street Journal column with Ambassador to Israel David Friedman, Pipes wrote that Trump is “the most pro-Israel president ever".

February 3, 2019 20:39

Trump is a Friend of Zion

Gender orientation diversity/LGBTQ rights:

Trump admin. launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Trump is selling ‘LGBTQ for Trump’ T-shirts for Pride month

Gay Teacher Of The Year Fans LGBTQ Pride In Viral Photo With Donald Trump
    Nikos Giannopoulos “celebrates the joy and freedom of gender nonconformity” in a photo with Donald and Melania Trump.

A Milestone: All Of The Walking Dead's Relationships Are Now Interracial Or LGBT
    Nov 14, 2018

Trump administration launches global effort to end AIDS

Every time I make up my mind to NOT vote for Trump, somebody "reminds" me that men in dresses wanting to rape our children are just middle American types... no worries.... and that puts me right back on the Trump train.
    Let's put aside for a moment the fact that this never actually happened.

In response to men in dresses, you are going to take a stand against... let's call it societal decline? Moral decline? Right?

And in order to save America by upholding traditional values you are going to vote for Donald Trump?

How, exactly, is a thrice-married serial adulterer who cheats on his mail-order trophy wife by $#@!ing porn stars at parties going to save you from social and moral decline? What is Trump going to do to save you from the existence of drag queens? And don't say it's about the party, either; the GOP had to abandon every single moral principle that they had in order to support him in the first place, and they've further debased themselves since. What bold moral stand do you suppose they're going to take on the 2020 party platform?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    In response to men in dresses, you are going to take a stand against... let's call it societal decline? Moral decline? Right?

And in order to save America by upholding traditional values you are going to vote for Donald Trump?

How, exactly, is a thrice-married serial adulterer who cheats on his mail-order trophy wife by $#@!ing porn stars at parties going to save you from social and moral decline? What is Trump going to do to save you from the existence of drag queens? And don't say it's about the party, either; the GOP had to abandon every single moral principle that they had in order to support him in the first place, and they've further debased themselves since. What bold moral stand do you suppose they're going to take on the 2020 party platform?

The cognative dissonance has gotten so thick around here you need a chain saw to get through it. More's the pity.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast