Thread: Scotland's Sturgeon says to demand powers for new independence referendum

Scotland's Sturgeon says to demand powers for new independence referendum

Scottish National Party (SNP) leader Nicola Sturgeon said on Friday she would make a demand before Christmas for the powers to hold another independence referendum.As the law stands, to hold another referendum legally, Scotland would need the permission of the British government in Westminster. So the SNP is seeking to demand to transfer powers to Scotland's devolved parliament where Sturgeon sits.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/scotlands-stu...101447990.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keir Starmer, Labour’s Brexit spokesman, rebuffed Scottish National Party leader Nicola Sturgeon’s demand for a 2020 referendum on Scottish independence as the price for helping put Jeremy Corbyn into power if he fails to win a clear majority (see 11:30 a.m.).
    “We are not in this to do anything other than win and we are not doing deals,” Starmer told Sky News. Asked if he could rule out an independence referendum next year, he said “yes, we are not in this to do deals.”
    Corbyn said in August he would not support a new Scottish referendum in “the formative years” of a Labour government.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/johnson-pledg...115309920.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment