• Q4 2020

0 0%
  • Q1 2021

0 0%
  • Q2 2021

1 14.29%
  • later

5 71.43%

Thread: Fed Cuts 25bps Today - How Long Till We Return To 0%?

Fed Cuts 25bps Today - How Long Till We Return To 0%?

Over the last two cycles, the time from the first rate cut to rate's bottoming was about 18 months. If that pattern holds, we can expect rates to bottom (at 0% undoubtedly) by late 2020. If you think a recession is likely to begin before that, you should expect the Fed to cut more aggressively and hit 0% sooner. If you think there's no recession on the horizon, and believe the Fed when it says that this is only a "mid-cycle adjustment," then 0% may be many years away.

Vote and comment
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should have made this a public poll...

I voted Q3 2020, for the record.

The Texan's not online, so I'm not sure who voted for later; show yourself you fiend.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

I don't know when it will hit 0, but I'm of the opinion we aren't far from another downturn, recession, whatever you want to call it.
    "The Patriarch"

That darn inverted yield curve might predict another recession within the next 18 months. Until then, consensus is to ride it to the top, and jump out before everyone else.

Speaking of yields curves, wasn’t it the infamous Neel Kashkari (TARP, Goldman Sachs), who is currently the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, who talked about “yield curve control”? Apparently they were brainstorming ways to control the entire yield curve.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I voted "Later" with who I assume is Zippy
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Q2 2021 , later or beyond
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Over the last two cycles, the time from the first rate cut to rate's bottoming was about 18 months. If that pattern holds, we can expect rates to bottom (at 0% undoubtedly) by late 2020. If you think a recession is likely to begin before that, you should expect the Fed to cut more aggressively and hit 0% sooner. If you think there's no recession on the horizon, and believe the Fed when it says that this is only a "mid-cycle adjustment," then 0% may be many years away.

Vote and comment
    Don't forget that in addition to rate cuts we're also borrowing well over a trillion a year and the Fed had launched stealth QE4.

We hit 23 trillion in total debt!

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/current

And the Fed balance sheet is back over 4 trilion!

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monet...centtrends.htm

What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Don't forget that in addition to rate cuts we're also borrowing well over a trillion a year and the Fed had launched stealth QE4.

We hit 23 trillion in total debt!

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/debt/current

And the Fed balance sheet is back over 4 trilion!

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monet...centtrends.htm

What could possibly go wrong?
    'Murika $#@! yea...?

-H. L. Mencken

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.