Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Study Finds Women Aren’t as Funny as Men

New Study Finds Women Aren’t as Funny as Men

A new study has found that women aren’t as funny as men.
    I know, hard to believe.
    The study, published by the Journal of Research in Personality, asked subjects to write a funny caption for a cartoon that was then judged by a panel of judges.
    Researchers found that 63 per cent of men were deemed to be funnier than the average woman.
    The study included over 5500 participants, 67 per cent of whom were women, eliminating and in fact overcompensating for any potential gender bias. It also involved a third-party evaluation of the subjects by someone who was not aware of the subject’s gender.
    “It means that to the best of our knowledge, on average, men appear to have higher humor production ability than women,” said Gil Greengross, an evolutionary psychologist at Aberystwyth University in Wales.
    She also noted that “a great sense of humor” was one of the signals of mate quality when it comes to females choosing a man.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/new-study-f...-funny-as-men/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another duh for the big book of duhs.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Meh, whatever, half the people trying to impeach Trump are going to be executed for child sex trafficking in the not too distant future, they are satanic pedophiles.

McCain's wife is about to face trial for child sex trafficking, she was a big part of her husband's foundation that was involved in child sex trafficking with the Clintons.

McCain was already executed in a secret military tribunal.

The special ops team that just took out Baghdadi's compound found some documents tying Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton and Obama to helping start and fund ISIS. They will be executed as well.

Trump is going to be just fine. He will be the greatest hero the world has ever seen once this is all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

This study is going to trigger the likes of all female comedians.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Known this for years.

The only time woemen are funny is when they are mocking themselves.

This woke crowd of "comedy" broads today are painfully unpleasant to listen to and fundamentally NOT funny.

They, and their soyboy, mangina counterparts, have ruined comedy.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

The Joan Rivers', Rita Rudner's, Gilda Radnor's Carol Burnett's, Lucille Ball's, Rosanne Barr's, Ruth Buzzy's, Phyllis Diller's are definitely a thing of the past since the PC crowd have had their way.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The Joan Rivers', Rita Rudner's, Gilda Radnor's Carol Burnett's, Lucille Ball's, Rosanne Barr's, Ruth Buzzy's, Phyllis Diller's are definitely a thing of the past since the PC crowd have had their way.
    Joan Rivers helped invent political correctness. She also wasn't very funny.

As for the others, women are no longer allowed to do what they did.

When only white men are allowed to poke fun at themselves, white men will have a monopoly on good comedy. Call it unintended consequences.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    There may not be as many funny women as men, but there are some great ones. I think Carol Burnett was a great funny woman.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How could you not find her funny?

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    How could you not find her funny?
    I said she wasn't very funny. As in, not this funny:

Didn't mention Gracie Allen, did you? Should have. Of course, she gets zero mention these days because she wasn't PC. But those are the only funny people worth looking up.

Last edited by acptulsa; 10-30-2019 at 11:18 AM.

A "New Study"comes out that turns one group of people against another group of people and gets both groups to fight each other instead of unifying and fighting against a government that is still screwing them all over every second of the day.
    Wash, Rinse, Repeat x infinity.

"The math was done by a woman.."

There are no top female comedians (that I know of) but the ones that are funny tend to have more masculine humor like Sarah Silverman or Tina Fey.

Maybe I don't "get it". but these old comedians like Carol Burnett or Bob Hope or George Burns or Gilda Radner are just not funny when you are comparing them to Louis CK or Chris Rock. It is like comparing the 2019 NBA to the 1959 NBA. Just a different level of talent.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-30-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Maybe I don't "get it". but these old comedians like ...George Burns...
    George Burns?

As long as you're comparing comics to straight men, why not throw in Bob Newhart, Budd Abbott and Zeppo Marx?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I’m $#@!ing hilarious BUT most of my best lines would be funnier coming from a man. You can claim it’s not true but I see it. Privately ( one on one and especially the men who know me well) men will laugh their asses off at my jokes/ commentary but when they get around other men or, especially women who don’t know me, they act like I’m some kind of autistic barbarian. Social norms and what not - Mr A claims he can’t take me anywhere because I don’t give a $#@! - if it comes in my head, it’s coming out of my mouth.

BYW, Mr A got arrested tonight. He was a gentleman but I broke my don’t talk to cops rule to tell them they’re pieces of $#@!. They attested a 250 lb man for a DUI after two beers with dinner. I was drunk and he was driving my car - he thought the headlights were on but I guess they weren’t and that’s why he got pulled over. Anyway, my son drove me home but I told the cop he wAs a real piece of $#@! and he looked at me like a deer caught in headlights. Four $#@!ing cop cars to arrest Mr A. I hope
    Everyone feels safer now that poor Mr A is in jail. I’m so mad I could spit on that cop - if my kids hadn’t shown up to get me, I probably would’ve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Dupe
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 10-30-2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: I don’t fucking know computers
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Sorry for Mr A for sure . Hope he gets home soon.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    They attested a 250 lb man for a DUI after two beers with dinner.
    Hope he insisted on a blood test.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I’m $#@!ing hilarious BUT most of my best lines would be funnier coming from a man. You can claim it’s not true but I see it. Privately ( one on one and especially the men who know me well) men will laugh their asses off at my jokes/ commentary but when they get around other men or, especially women who don’t know me, they act like I’m some kind of autistic barbarian. Social norms and what not - Mr A claims he can’t take me anywhere because I don’t give a $#@! - if it comes in my head, it’s coming out of my mouth.

BYW, Mr A got arrested tonight. He was a gentleman but I broke my don’t talk to cops rule to tell them they’re pieces of $#@!. They attested a 250 lb man for a DUI after two beers with dinner. I was drunk and he was driving my car - he thought the headlights were on but I guess they weren’t and that’s why he got pulled over. Anyway, my son drove me home but I told the cop he wAs a real piece of $#@! and he looked at me like a deer caught in headlights. Four $#@!ing cop cars to arrest Mr A. I hope
    Everyone feels safer now that poor Mr A is in jail. I’m so mad I could spit on that cop - if my kids hadn’t shown up to get me, I probably would’ve.
    For $#@!'s sake:

Clam up.

Lawyer up.

Pay up.

Give the $#@!ers nothing, consent to nothing, say nothing.

There are no top female comedians (that I know of) but the ones that are funny tend to have more masculine humor like Sarah Silverman or Tina Fey.

Maybe I don't "get it". but these old comedians like Carol Burnett or Bob Hope or George Burns or Gilda Radner are just not funny when you are comparing them to Louis CK or Chris Rock. It is like comparing the 2019 NBA to the 1959 NBA. Just a different level of talent.
    Richard Pryor or Redd Foxx or Buddy Hackett could blow those clowns out of the water, while stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    For $#@!'s sake:

Clam up.

Lawyer up.

Pay up.

Give the $#@!ers nothing, consent to nothing, say nothing.
    Yes, Mr A did all that but I was busy calling them $#@!ing $#@!s. My kid thought they were going to arrest me too but I didn’t care - they already had him in cuffs and I figured they should be shamed.

Red Foxx was one of my dads favorites. I was shocked the first time I heard his stand up because my dad hated vulgarity, in general. Apparently, he made exceptions for Redd Foxx and me. I loved to say cuss words when I was a kid and my father thought it was funny.

I hope tax payers didn't fund this research. Now I am beginning to wonder which member(not counting TheTexan) is the funniest. My money is on Dannno

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Men are better at recognizing the absurdity of a situation.

We're also better at taking a situation extremely seriously when necessary.

Sort of a work hard, play hard type thing...

...gotta have a good laugh after you almost die chasing mammoth off the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I hope tax payers didn't fund this research. Now I am beginning to wonder which member(not counting TheTexan) is the funniest. My money is on Dannno
    Needs a poll.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Richard Pryor or Redd Foxx or Buddy Hackett could blow those clowns out of the water, while stoned.
    Comedy is subjective. But No. They really couldn't. I tried to watch a Redd Foxx stand up on Youtube and it was unwatchable. Dave Chappelle does racial humor like Redd Foxx and Richard Pryor. I have no trouble getting through anything Dave Chappelle does.

That said, I suspect a person's sense of humor might be developed at a certain age. All of the people I find funny (Stern, Louis Ck, Chris Rock, Norm Macdonald, Chappelle, Seinfeld) were all people I watched in high school and college. I find so many of the current people particularly the woke SNL anchors and Hannah Gatsby unwatchable as well.

You laugh at Seinfeld?

Seinfeld?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You laugh at Seinfeld?

Seinfeld?
    Yeah?

It is the most popular show of all time for a reason. Certainly my favorite show.

Yeah?

It is the most popular show of all time for a reason. Certainly my favorite show.
    I guess some people have more stomach for whiny New Yorkers being self-absorbed than others. I presume you're a Joey Bishop fan, too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast