Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bevin/KY Election Thread (11/5/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    According to his website, he is not libertarian and is not associated with any political party. Fake news.
    What party is he running in?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They owe liberty and Bevin was the liberty vote in this race.
    By your definition, Trump is also a liberty candidate

He hasn't filed, so none. It's probably an account you set up so you could troll.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    By your definition, Trump is also a liberty candidate
    Comparatively he is.
    But Bevin was far better than Trump has been able to deliver so far.

The LP helped install a communist and they are proud of it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He hasn't filed, so none. It's probably an account you set up so you could troll.
    I didn't find it and I linked to the person who did.
    You are the one acting like a troll.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I didn't find it and I linked to the person who did.
    You are the one acting like a troll.
    Yeah, a blog nobody has ever heard of found it. And you just happened to spot it - that rare breed, a dual FBI / CIA agent who logs in via his regular browser instead of proprietary software.

And Epstein totally killed himself.

You provided the link and claimed he was Libertarian. Maybe you can tell us. Got a link to his party affiliation? His own webpage says he is not associated with ANY political party.

Yeah, a blog nobody has ever heard of found it. And you just happened to spot it - that rare breed, a dual FBI / CIA agent who logs in via his regular browser instead of proprietary software.

And Epstein totally killed himself.
    Keep living in denial if that comforts you.
    The LP has shown it's hand completely now but it had shown all the signs for a long time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He gets a list of information he is supposed to share and positions he is supposed to take.

He gets a list of information he is supposed to share and positions he is supposed to take.
    Projection.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Comparatively he is.
    But Bevin was far better than Trump has been able to deliver so far.

The LP helped install a communist and they are proud of it.
    Yeah, for 40 $#@!ing years we've heard "Please vote for the GOP so we can stop the Democrats!!!'

And the GOP hasn't stopped the Democrats from doing a single thing.

But I'm sure this time would have been different.

Keep living in denial if that comforts you.
    The LP has shown it's hand completely now but it had shown all the signs for a long time.
    Ron Paul is a lifetime member. The only problem with the LP is that they keep settling for the GOP has-beens.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is a lifetime member. The only problem with the LP is that they keep settling for the GOP has-beens.
    Ron figured out that he needed to run as a Republican and never ran on an LP ticket again.
    The LP is controlled opposition designed to throw races to the Demoncrats and drive people away from libertarianism or brainwash them into globalism.
    It may not have always been but it is now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah, for 40 $#@!ing years we've heard "Please vote for the GOP so we can stop the Democrats!!!'

And the GOP hasn't stopped the Democrats from doing a single thing.

But I'm sure this time would have been different.
    Bevin was yielding results.
    Kentucky will now get the kind of results Demoncrats deliver in the states they take over unless the Republicans can limit him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron figured out that he needed to run as a Republican and never ran on an LP ticket again.
    The LP is controlled opposition designed to throw races to the Demoncrats and drive people away from libertarianism or brainwash them into globalism.
    It may not have always been but it is now.
    Ron Paul / Ron Paul Forums 2007: Two-party 'charade' must end

Ron Paul Forums 2019: All those third parties are CIA / FBI / Communist!!!

Kentucky will now get the kind of results Demoncrats deliver in the states they take over unless the Republicans can limit him.
    LOL - they can't even limit themselves!!!!! Face it - your beloved GOP voters decided they would rather have a Democrat in that chair than Bevin.

Ron Paul / Ron Paul Forums 2007: Two-party 'charade' must end

Ron Paul Forums 2019: All those third parties are CIA / FBI / Communist!!!
    I specifically recommended the Constitution Party.
    You are being dishonest.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Proof? Because everything I've seen indicates that the LP pulls from both sides equally. Which kind of makes sense, because they aren't $#@!ing Republicans.

https://reason.com/2014/10/13/do-lib...ates-always-p/

......start yapping about how Libertarian spoilers are always taking votes from Republicans, it's worth asking for some hard evidence.

Republicans and Democrats have totally stacked elections so they always win. They can at least take responsibility for when they lose.
    Last edited by angelatc; 11-11-2019 at 07:38 PM.

LOL - they can't even limit themselves!!!!! Face it - your beloved GOP voters decided they would rather have a Democrat in that chair than Bevin.
    There was voter fraud.
    But what some RINOs or independents may have decided doesn't clear the LP from choosing a Demoncrat communist over a Republican that was yielding small government results, the RINOs and independents that deserted Bevin (if they did) did so because he was pushing for smaller government than they wanted.
    If the LP actually wanted small government they would have supported Bevin when the RINOs and independents deserted him so that he and other candidates would see that they could win even if they pushed for smaller government but instead they decided to send the message that he should not have pushed for smaller government if he wanted to stay in office.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Proof? Because everything I've seen indicates that the LP pulls from both sides equally.

https://reason.com/2014/10/13/do-lib...ates-always-p/

[/B]
    The LP seems to think so:

The LP is going out of its way to make itself hated and destroy the cause of liberty:

The Libertarian Party of Kentucky says it is celebrating “delicious tears from Bevin supporters after Tuesday’s general election ended with a victory from Democrat Andy Beshear, a victory Governor Matt Bevin disputes. The Libertarian Party says it is thrilled to have “split the vote”.

“In an ideal world, we elect Libertarian candidates and advance liberty. Failing that, we push mainstream candidates towards liberty to advance the cause.

But if we can’t do those things, we are always happy to split the vote in a way that causes delicious tears. Tonight there are plenty of delicious tears from Bevin supporters.

Had Matt Bevin not ditched his liberty Lt Governor for a Mitch McConnell picked anti liberty, corrupt running mate who has tried to eliminate Kentuckians jury trial rights, had Matt Bevin not presided over a huge sales tax increase, had Matt Bevin supported any of our key issues on criminal justice reform, marijuana legalization, expanded gaming, cutting taxes, or acted with the least bit of civility, we probably would not have run a candidate. Of course, he did the opposite. And here we are.

We split the vote. And we could not be more thrilled. If our friends in the major parties do not want this to happen again, they should think about passing ranked choice voting. And supporting our issues.

More at: https://www.wtvq.com/2019/11/05/libe...in-supporters/

And The Demoncrats have become ever more extreme and people who would vote for the LP don't vote for them anymore.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I specifically recommended the Constitution Party.
    So why aren't you crying about how the KY CP cost Bevin the vote? Oh wait - maybe because it was the GOP who cost Bevin the his seat?

There was voter fraud.
    But what some RINOs or independents may have decided doesn't clear the LP from choosing a Demoncrat communist over a Republican that was yielding small government results, the RINOs and independents that deserted Bevin (if they did) did so because he was pushing for smaller government than they wanted.
    If the LP actually wanted small government they would have supported Bevin when the RINOs and independents deserted him so that he and other candidates would see that they could win even if they pushed for smaller government but instead they decided to send the message that he should not have pushed for smaller government if he wanted to stay in office.
    Snowflaking.

Republicans and Democrats have totally stacked elections so they always win. They can at least take responsibility for when they lose.

So why aren't you crying about how the KY CP cost Bevin the vote? Oh wait - maybe because it was the GOP who cost Bevin the his seat?
    Beven was just an unpopular candidate. The rest of the Republicans on the ballot did well.

Did the CP even run a candidate against him? NO

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Snowflaking.
    Excuse making, the LP gloated about costing Bevin the election.
    I bet try to avoid taking credit for what the Demoncrat does to Kentucky though.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There was voter fraud.
    But what some RINOs or independents may have decided doesn't clear the LP from choosing a Demoncrat communist over a Republican ....
    How many LP members voted for the Democrat? You don't think 3rd party candidates should support their own candidates?

Hahahaha! If the GOP wanted small government, they'd be Libertarians

How many LP members voted for the Democrat? You don't think 3rd party candidates should support their own candidates?
    They should support whoever can win and is for small government, are they loyal to a party or to liberty?
    The LP shouldn't have even run a candidate in that race.

Not if they wanted to win, the LP has made sure that they are viewed as freaks who can't win.
    And that is just a distraction, Bevin was decreasing the size of government and it may have cost him the election, if he or a libertarian tried to decrease it any faster they would never be elected and certainly wouldn't be re-elected.

This isn't about the GOP vs. the LP in general, this is about the LP vs. Bevin and they have proven that they don't want smaller government, they would rather have a communist and they are bragging about it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And if they wanted to prevent themselves from losing votes to Libertarians they'd adopt more libertarian policies. But they're mostly interested in keeping the same old game running.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beven was just an unpopular candidate. The rest of the Republicans on the ballot did well.
    Oh yeah, I posted the numbers earlier. If even half of the GOP who didn't vote for Bevin had done so, Bevin would have won. SobSmyth here just can't accept that uncomfortable truth.

Personally, I was a Bevin fan and would like to have seen him win. But seeing the snowflakes blaming the LP voters because they didn't vote a GOP candidate is pretty funny, since the guy couldn't even get his own party to toe their own line.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    And if they wanted to prevent themselves from losing votes to Libertarians they'd adopt more libertarian policies. But they're mostly interested in keeping the same old game running.
    Bevin was the most libertarian Republican around and the LP just punished him for it.
    I'm sure that will encourage others to follow in his footsteps.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast