Thread: Trump Surrenders 2.5 Billion Barrels Of Oil To Syria

Trump Surrenders 2.5 Billion Barrels Of Oil To Syria

The American president just gifted 2.5 billion barrels of oil to long-time Syrian enemy Bashar Al-Assad and, by default, Iran and Russia.
    As far as gifts go, it was both well-received and unexpected given the ‘Deep State’ designs on Syria for years.

To recap: Last week, Trump ordered the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria, and then had them stand down and step aside while the Turkish military poured across the border into Northern Syria, taking down any Kurds that stood in their way.
    After five days of bloodshed, Turkey agreed to a temporary ceasefire at the behest of the Russians. Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan then flew to Sochi to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin, where the two agreed to a deal that benefits everyone except the U.S.
    Under that deal, Turkey will stick to its newly acquired buffer zone in Northern Syria, the Kurds will be allowed to withdraw with their lives, and Assad won’t attack the Turks, who have been fighting the regime in collaboration with Syrian rebels.
    And all that oil that’s in the north--Syria’s fossil fuel heartland--will go to Assad one way or another, with Russia the beneficiary with the exclusive rights to exploit Syrian oil.

Securing Oil for Others
    Last week, Trump tweeted that he had “taken control of oil in the Middle East”.
    That tweet went viral--even though no one knew what it meant.
    Taking control of “oil in the Middle East” technically means usurping everything from the riches of the Saudi Kingdom to the vast oilfields of Iran, Kuwait, Iraq … In other words, there’s a lot of oil in the Middle East to take control of.

As it turns out, he was talking about Syria when he added “the oil that everybody was worried about”.
    And also, as it turns out, he did secure that oil--but for the Assad regime and its allies, Russia and Iran.
    Giving up that oil, the tweet suggests, is a decision that should have been years ago under the Obama Administration.
    In another parting gift, Trump moved today to lift all sanctions against Turkey, declaring the ceasefire in Syria officially over--from a U.S. standpoint.
    Yesterday, Trump said a limited number of troops might remain behind in Syria to guard oil and gas fields in Deir Ezzor, but that is now looking increasingly unlikely.
    "Right now, the president has authorized that some would stay in the southern part of Syria," Defense Secretary Mark Esper said. "And we're looking [at] maybe keeping some additional forces to ensure that we deny ISIS and others access to these key oil fields.
    "But that needs to be worked out in time. The president hasn't approved that yet," he said. "I need to take him options sometime here soon."

More at: https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...ls-Of-Oil.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Word 'surrender' was wise choice? Such reporting may reinforce recent narrative ('he always folds'/FLAT etc).

That said, this could be a blunder and allow ISIS terrorists to grab oil.

Related

Israel buys most oil smuggled from ISIS territory - report
    The title is TDS propaganda, just like most of what you post.
    ISIS will not grab the oil, Syria will take control of it from the Kurds.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Word 'surrender' was wise choice? Such reporting may reinforce recent narrative ('he always folds'/FLAT etc).

That said, this could be a blunder and allow ISIS terrorists to grab oil. They had made big money selling oil over the years reportedly.

Israel buys most oil smuggled from ISIS territory - report
    Could be seen as the boldest move yet in an effort to get some peace in the Middle East.

I suspect the American People© have gotten used to how the recent narratives will go. Me thinks the MSM has cried wolf too many times. We'll find out come November 2020.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 10-24-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

"Putin and Erdogan want us out," McGurk added. "That's been their plan for some time. What they agreed to yesterday makes it very difficult to realistically maintain a US presence, let alone one that might meaningfully impact the situation on the ground in Syria or against ISIS."
    McGurk, who resigned in December, citing Trump's "complete reversal" of US policy that came as a "shock," also said the small number of special-operations forces still in the region would face logistical complications after the military campaign.
    Trump announced he would keep a small military contingent in Syria to protect oil fields, a goal Trump's backers have advocated for, but which confused some military officials: "I don't know where all this oil infrastructure stuff is coming from," a senior US official said to Al-Monitor. "Maybe playing to what [Trump] wants here. We have not seized the oil fields."
    "How would a small residual US force be sustained without land supply," McGurk said.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-plan-l...194123345.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Some cringeworthy stuff in there, I have to admit. No one will ever accuse Trump of being an eloquent speaker. Some real gems too, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The American president just gifted 2.5 billion barrels of oil to long-time Syrian enemy Bashar Al-Assad and, by default, Iran and Russia.
    As far as gifts go, it was both well-received and unexpected given the ‘Deep State’ designs on Syria for years.

To recap: Last week, Trump ordered the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria, and then had them stand down and step aside while the Turkish military poured across the border into Northern Syria, taking down any Kurds that stood in their way.
    After five days of bloodshed, Turkey agreed to a temporary ceasefire at the behest of the Russians. Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan then flew to Sochi to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin, where the two agreed to a deal that benefits everyone except the U.S.
    Under that deal, Turkey will stick to its newly acquired buffer zone in Northern Syria, the Kurds will be allowed to withdraw with their lives, and Assad won’t attack the Turks, who have been fighting the regime in collaboration with Syrian rebels.
    And all that oil that’s in the north--Syria’s fossil fuel heartland--will go to Assad one way or another, with Russia the beneficiary with the exclusive rights to exploit Syrian oil.

Securing Oil for Others
    Last week, Trump tweeted that he had “taken control of oil in the Middle East”.
    That tweet went viral--even though no one knew what it meant.
    Taking control of “oil in the Middle East” technically means usurping everything from the riches of the Saudi Kingdom to the vast oilfields of Iran, Kuwait, Iraq … In other words, there’s a lot of oil in the Middle East to take control of.

As it turns out, he was talking about Syria when he added “the oil that everybody was worried about”.
    And also, as it turns out, he did secure that oil--but for the Assad regime and its allies, Russia and Iran.
    Giving up that oil, the tweet suggests, is a decision that should have been years ago under the Obama Administration.
    In another parting gift, Trump moved today to lift all sanctions against Turkey, declaring the ceasefire in Syria officially over--from a U.S. standpoint.
    Yesterday, Trump said a limited number of troops might remain behind in Syria to guard oil and gas fields in Deir Ezzor, but that is now looking increasingly unlikely.
    "Right now, the president has authorized that some would stay in the southern part of Syria," Defense Secretary Mark Esper said. "And we're looking [at] maybe keeping some additional forces to ensure that we deny ISIS and others access to these key oil fields.
    "But that needs to be worked out in time. The president hasn't approved that yet," he said. "I need to take him options sometime here soon."

More at: https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...ls-Of-Oil.html
    How is it that nobody is reporting this amazing news by Trump? Also, gifted? is that what we now call returning of stolen belonging? Last April, the IRS gifted me some money from my tax filling, oh no they didn't return the money, they gave me a gift that I probably didn't deserve

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    How is it that nobody is reporting this amazing news by Trump?
    Man, if you don't know the answer to that by now, I really don't know what to tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Man, if you don't know the answer to that by now, I really don't know what to tell you.
    Ok, the msm is against Trump. But how about other alt media? how about the white house itself talk about this? or even the msm reporting it with a negative spin? sorry but the OP link has very little evidence backing their claims. I have looked at independent Syrian news sites and SANA news and nobody is talking about this story. Maybe, just maybe they are doing a whole lot of assumption with the story.

So I went to the link used in the article to see what the hell they are talking about and how credible the OP article is.

Production
    Syria had 2.5 billion barrels of petroleum reserves as of January 1, 2011, according to The Oil and
    Gas Journal. Syria's known oil reserves are mainly in the eastern part of the country near its border
    with Iraq and along the Euphrates River; a number of smaller fields are located in the center of the
    country.
    So the whole country had 2.5 billion barrels of petroleum reserves as of January 1, 2011. ISIS, the kurds , Al Qaeda groups and even the Syrian govt have been extracting oil from the various wells. So for this number to make any sense, you would have to believe that the US gave back all the oil fields to the Syrian govt and that is just not true and then the country discovered new oil reserves. The reason why nobody is reporting this story is because it is an easily debunkable fake news.

Swordshill will post any rubbish on the forum if it makes Trump look good. Reality be damned

So I went to the link used in the article to see what the hell they are talking about and how credible the OP article is.

So the whole country had 2.5 billion barrels of petroleum reserves as of January 1, 2011. ISIS, the kurds , Al Qaeda groups and even the Syrian govt have been extracting oil from the various wells. So for this number to make any sense, you would have to believe that the US gave back all the oil fields to the Syrian govt and that is just not true and then the country discovered new oil reserves. The reason why nobody is reporting this story is because it is an easily debunkable fake news.

Swordshill will post any rubbish on the forum if it makes Trump look good. Reality be damned
    The Syrians will be taking control of the oilfields, it's only a matter of time now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Syrians will be taking control of the oilfields, it's only a matter of time now.
    So now its the Syrians which could be anyone from the Syrian Kurds, Sunni jihadist etc etc. But your OP made it seem like it was being returned to the Syrian govt. Again, fake news posted in support of Trump.

So now its the Syrians which could be anyone from the Syrian Kurds, Sunni jihadist etc etc. But your OP made it seem like it was being returned to the Syrian govt. Again, fake news posted in support of Trump.
    No, your attempts to twist my words are laughable.
    Assad will be taking control of the oil, it is only a matter of time, the Kurds have been forced to deal with him and the few US forces not already leaving wouldn't be able to stop Assad from taking control and won't be able to stay very long.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Question

No, your attempts to twist my words are laughable.
    Assad will be taking control of the oil, it is only a matter of time, the Kurds have been forced to deal with him and the few US forces not already leaving wouldn't be able to stop Assad from taking control and won't be able to stay very long.
    Your OP said Trump just gifted 2.5 billion barrels of oil to long-time Syrian enemy Bashar Al-Assad and, by default, Iran and Russia. Now you are saying that its a matter of time. Just admit that the OP claims hasn't happened yet and move on.

Trump doesn't have to right to "surrender" anything, he just needs to buzz off and get out of Syria & Iraq where he's specifically NOT invited.

Yankee go home!
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Trump doesn't have to right to "surrender" anything, he just needs to buzz off and get out of Syria & Iraq where he's specifically NOT invited.

Yankee go home!
    He's doing what you want and you still find a way to attack him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's doing what you want and you still find a way to attack him.
    No, I never asked him to lie and stay in countries illegally without their permission.

So quit lying about what "I want". It's more like what you want, you're projecting.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

No, I never asked him to lie and stay in countries illegally without their permission.

So quit lying about what "I want". It's more like what you want, you're projecting.
    He is leaving Syria, you claim to want that and yet you just have to find some way to frame it so you can attack him for it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ankara, Turkey's capital, and Moscow announced that Russian military police and border guards from Syria, Russia's strongest ally in the Middle East, would jointly "enter" the Syrian border, beyond the area Turkish forces initially assaulted, to remove Kurdish groups within six days.

"The situation on the eastern bank of the Euphrates raises some flags," Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Tuesday, referring to US military presence. "It is in that area beyond the control of the [US] and the US-led coalition have been actively creating comfortable accommodations, complete with electricity and water supplies and social and health services. Moreover, they were not even hiding that they wanted to create a quasi-state there."
    "I am sure that the implementation of this memorandum will strongly interfere with these plans," Lavrov added. "In the final analysis, we will work to nullify them."
    Brett McGurk, the former US envoy to the anti-ISIS coalition, said Trump "seems not to realize the extent to which the entire position in NE Syria has unraveled."
    "Under the Putin-Erdogan deal, the Syrian regime will take control of the main border crossings with the Iraqi Kurdistan Region at [Faysh Khabur] and Rabiya," McGurk said on Twitter, referring to vital towns that border Syria, Iraq, and Turkey.

"Putin and Erdogan want us out," McGurk added. "That's been their plan for some time. What they agreed to yesterday makes it very difficult to realistically maintain a US presence, let alone one that might meaningfully impact the situation on the ground in Syria or against ISIS."
    McGurk, who resigned in December, citing Trump's "complete reversal" of US policy that came as a "shock," also said the small number of special-operations forces still in the region would face logistical complications after the military campaign.
    Trump announced he would keep a small military contingent in Syria to protect oil fields, a goal Trump's backers have advocated for, but which confused some military officials: "I don't know where all this oil infrastructure stuff is coming from," a senior US official said to Al-Monitor. "Maybe playing to what [Trump] wants here. We have not seized the oil fields."
    "How would a small residual US force be sustained without land supply," McGurk said. "Extremely difficult and high risk. In military affairs, you don't preserve options after making a catastrophic decision without thought or preparation. You foreclose them, as last three weeks demonstrate."

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-plan-l...194123345.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yankee go home!
    Doesn’t make sense to me either. How can you surrender or give something when it’s not yours to begin with?

He is leaving Syria, you claim to want that and yet you just have to find some way to frame it so you can attack him for it.
    Last edited by Slave Mentality; 10-25-2019 at 04:32 AM.