Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iraq says U.S. forces withdrawing from Syria have no approval to stay

Iraq says U.S. forces withdrawing from Syria have no approval to stay

U.S. forces that crossed into Iraq as part of a pull-out from Syria do not have permission to stay and can only be there in transit, the Iraqi military said on Tuesday.

U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper said, however, that Washington aimed eventually to bring the troops withdrawing from Syria back to the United States.

“The aim isn’t to stay in Iraq interminably, the aim is to pull our soldiers out and eventually get them back home,” Esper said at the Prince Sultan Air Base near Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    Esper said the details had not yet been worked out on how long the U.S. troops would stay in Iraq and he would be having discussions with his Iraqi counterpart on Wednesday.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN1X10RE

Well played, DJTvsg, Well played.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vice President Pence said Tuesday that President Trump is following through on his promise to bring U.S. troops home from Syria and talked up the prospect of a permanent ceasefire in the region.
    Pence insisted that a ceasefire the administration helped broker between Turkey and Syria last week “has held” and claimed Trump’s own moves had paved the way for the possibility of a permanent ceasefire.
    “Earlier today, we received word from the Syrian defense forces commander that all of their military forces have withdrawn from the safe zone under Turkish military control and before I came here, our team was continuing in communicating with both sides in hope that a permanent ceasefire could soon take hold,” Pence said in remarks at the Heritage Foundation’s Honors Gala in Washington, D.C. “Those discussions are ongoing.”

“Thanks to the strong leadership from President Donald Trump, we have an opportunity for a permanent ceasefire,” Pence continued, adding, “our troops are coming home.”

“Now that our military and our allies have achieved our objectives against ISIS, President Trump is keeping his word to the American people and our troops are starting to come home,” he said.

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...re-coming-home

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Except the ones that stay in Syria.

"guarding" Oil .. ( like "guarding Poppies)

not even our oil.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"...eventually get them back home." So, any day now, right?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

“We have secured the oil.”

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    U.S. forces that crossed into Iraq as part of a pull-out from Syria do not have permission to stay and can only be there in transit, the Iraqi military said on Tuesday.
    Does this look like the kind of alpha leader who needs permissions before moving troops into a country?

MAGA's doesn't play FLAT abroad even if temporarily flatish at home due to dirty play by Dems.

Stop wasting too much time on Iraq SAYS, Pemce SAYS type statements and just what it DOES.

Eventually all wars will end and eventually Jesus will return. How many troops have returned home from Syria so far after already announced and celeberated 'withdrawal'?

Were the fraction of his surge that came out of Afghanistan moved to Israel/Saudi as part of 14,000 troops surge in mideast in 2019 or those returned home?

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    “We have secured the oil.”
    Turkey will not be getting it, they had been buying it from ISIS and they wanted to take it from the Kurds.
    By pulling out and letting Assad and the Russians get between Turkey and the oil Trump stopped Turkey from taking it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Does this look like the kind of alpha leader who needs permissions before moving troops into a country?
    Trump wanted to bring the troops home, he knew and counted on Iraq telling us they couldn't stay, they have been making noises about telling us to remove the troops already there.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

not even our oil.
    They will leave too in the next phase.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"...eventually get them back home."

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"...eventually..."

"...eventually..."

"...eventually..."
    Chris

"...eventually..."

"...eventually..."

"...eventually..."
    Which means any time that isn't instantly.

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe the Iraqis can do what Trump is incapable of doing.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Maybe the Iraqis can do what Trump is incapable of doing.
    To be fair to the MAGA crowd, they also helped Obama withdraw the troops and everybody gave him credit for it and also the blame when ISIS came up from the US absence.

Trump True Believer: "Hey, I could use that $100 you owe me."

Trump: "Not to worry. I'll get that to you eventually. [under breath] Better I owe you than cheat you out if it."

TTB: "Great! This'll really help me out."

Rational Observer: "snig ger, snig ger"
    Chris

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They will leave too in the next phase.
    I remember hearing that All Through High School.

I was 17,, at Ft. Polk watching this on the news.

I have heard this $hit before.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

As opposed to the majority of politicians that want them to stay there forever, good news.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    As opposed to the majority of politicians that want them to stay there forever, good news.
    No kidding. After the disillusionment from the 2008 and 2012 elections where the media savaged and labeled anyone a kook who would even imply removing the troops, I didn't think we'd ever see a sitting president talking like this unless there was a cataclysmic economic collapse.

That said, Trump is either a good man for going against the grain-- which it appears to me or something wicked this way comes.

As usual, I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst as should everyone.

Trump True Believer: "Hey, I could use that $100 you owe me."

Trump: "Not to worry. I'll get that to you eventually. [under breath] Better I owe you than cheat you out if it."

TTB: "Great! This'll really help me out."

Rational Observer: "snig ger, snig ger"
    You've really got it BAAAAD.

You do know that about a couple dozen units are slated for deployement to Iraq in the next few years right?

I guess your Reuters story doesn't cover that.

I'm very happy with the direction it appears we are heading, but enough of the nonsense we are leaving completely from ANYWHERE.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You've really got it BAAAAD.

Yes, skepticism of those in positions of power is "BAAAAD."

Blind trust is certainly the way to go.

Thanks for straightening me out on that.
    Chris

Yes, skepticism of those in positions of power is "BAAAAD."

Blind trust is certainly the way to go.

Thanks for straightening me out on that.
    I'm telling you that you have become so jaded you don't see things that are happening, because of Trump, whether intentional or not (most likely not), you can't see good things happening. And because you only see bad things you cannot promote the good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    You do know that about a couple dozen units are slated for deployement to Iraq in the next few years right?

I guess your Reuters story doesn't cover that.

I'm very happy with the direction it appears we are heading, but enough of the nonsense we are leaving completely from ANYWHERE.
    I'm telling you that you have become so jaded you don't see things that are happening, because of Trump, whether intentional or not (most likely not), you can't see good things happening. And because you only see bad things you cannot promote the good things.
    Gullible about WHAT exactly?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-23-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

not even our oil.
    And the ones in Kuwait.......who run missions into Iraq on a daily basis.

but nevermind.

We are coming home.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

They should have never even been there to begin with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Answer my question or just stop the $#@!.

Answer my question...
    I have. Many times.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, we know you think Trump is your fairy godmother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast