Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump warns U.S. 'may have to get in wars'

Trump warns U.S. 'may have to get in wars'

By QUINT FORGEY
    10/21/2019 02:41 PM EDT
    Updated: 10/21/2019 03:19 PM EDT

President Donald Trump on Monday offered a confusing description of his foreign policy priorities as commander in chief — insisting that he is working to bring home American soldiers, while warning the U.S. may soon enter into new military conflicts.

“I'm trying to get out of wars. We may have to get in wars, too. OK? We may have to get in wars,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

“We're better prepared than we've ever been,” he continued. “If Iran does something, they'll be hit like they've never been hit before. I mean, we have things that we're looking at.”

The remarks from the president come as his administration confronts escalating tensions across the Middle East and navigates new troop movements in the region.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...rs-iran-053341

The antiwar president has spoken, lets all praise him for moving around a few pieces on the game board.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by George W. Bush
    "You know, when I campaigned here in 2000, I said, 'I want to be a war president.' No president wants to be a war president, but I am one."
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Excuses a Trump supporter might make

- He trusted the wrong people and just have to get out of some troubles
    - He is still learning, nobody here could have figured out how to deal with the DC swamp any sooner.
    - He is trying to prevent the deep state from impeaching him, dont you know the deep state will cut his balls off if he tried to work for the people.

blah blah blah...........................blah

“I'm trying to get out of wars. We may have to get in wars, too. OK? We may have to get in wars,”
    That's always a given. No one voted to make a pacifist our Commander in Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    No fu*king shyte Sherlock, its not like anyone needs to state the obvious. But when a suspected neocon says that he may need to "get in wars" you have to believe that he itching for a fight. This is different from say a Ron Paul saying that the military to vigorously defend the homeland from invaders.

The man is a con artist and he has been dropping clues for you people but some reason you guys want to be fooled.

You can't ever take it off the table absolutely or you have just surrendered and everyone will push you around.

Trump has repeatedly chosen not to go to war.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You can't ever take it off the table absolutely or you have just surrendered and everyone will push you around.

We shall see but right Trump is surrounded by peeps who hate him and want him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    No fu*king shyte Sherlock, its not like anyone needs to state the obvious. But when a suspected neocon says that he may need to "get in wars" you have to believe that he itching for a fight. This is different from say a Ron Paul saying that the military to vigorously defend the homeland from invaders.

The man is a con artist and he has been dropping clues for you people but some reason you guys want to be fooled.
    I don't "have to believe he's itching to get into a fight". I can't predict the future and neither can you. I suspect he's reassuring neocon-deluded persons that withdrawing a few troops doesn't make him a pacifist who would never respond to offenses - which is how they've always tried to depict both Ron and Rand Paul.

Since our government is still likely controlled by more entrenched deep state thugs, than anything else (whom Trump doesn't have the authority to simply fire) - perhaps it's naive to expect any president to be able to quickly wrest ALL control away from them in a fell swoop - not when the bulk of the media is dishonest and supports/lies-for the deepstate. Add to that the constant stream of legal challenges to every move he makes. Whether or not he is going to eventually bring more troops home remains to be seen. He announced the removal of a handful of men in Syria and you see the hysterical response it's gotten! He has to work within the framework created and controlled by the same arrogant deepstate crooks that have been in control throughout several prior administrations.

I will always have some doubts about Trump, but going over every single word he utters and insisting it's absolute proof of one thing or another is a pointless waste of time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't "have to believe he's itching to get into a fight". I can't predict the future and neither can you. I suspect he's reassuring neocon-deluded persons that withdrawing a few troops doesn't make him a pacifist who would never respond to offenses - which is how they've always tried to depict both Ron and Rand Paul.

Since our government is still likely controlled by more entrenched deep state thugs, than anything else (whom Trump doesn't have the authority to simply fire) - perhaps it's naive to expect any president to be able to quickly wrest ALL control away from them in a fell swoop - not when the bulk of the media is dishonest and supports/lies-for the deepstate. Add to that the constant stream of legal challenges to every move he makes. Whether or not he is going to eventually bring more troops home remains to be seen. He announced the removal of a handful of men in Syria and you see the hysterical response it's gotten! He has to work within the framework created and controlled by the same arrogant deepstate crooks that have been in control throughout several prior administrations.

I will always have some doubts about Trump, but going over every single word he utters and insisting it's absolute proof of one thing or another is a pointless waste of time.
    You must spread some reputation around.................................

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You must spread some reputation around.................................
    done.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

You suspect that Trump is a neocon, even though he is at complete odds with the neocons and they are all pissed at him for pulling back from Syria. The guy tossed John Bolton from the White House and hasn't started a war yet. All you need to do is look at the face of Lindsey Graham to see how the actual neocons are disappointed with Trump.

Trump is right, the U.S. might have to get into wars. That is the reality we have always lived in and how our nation was created in the first place. Do you want Trump to tell the world he is unwilling to go to war?

I don't have to believe he is itching for a fight just because you are having mental issues. If he wants a fight, Syria is sitting right there and the Democrat party, the Republican party, the MSM and the MIC will all cheer him on. For some reason that you can't figure out, Trump isn't starting this war that you think he is itching for. Let me guess, you probably think that Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian agent too.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

“If Iran does something,"

That is what it is all about..

Iran's refusal to be provoked into retaliation is really pissing them off..

This all smells like provocation and invitation..

and Troops are still in Syria Guarding Syria's Oil.. or stealing it like they did with ISIS.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

So much for your view of a peaceful world. Goes to show, that the real world isn't always a nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    So much for your view of a peaceful world. Goes to show, that the real world isn't always a nice place.
    I never claimed war could be eliminated, human nature can't be altered.
    But what you want always causes more wars and suffering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    “If Iran does something,"

That is what it is all about..

Iran's refusal to be provoked into retaliation is really pissing them off..

This all smells like provocation and invitation..

and Troops are still in Syria Guarding Syria's Oil.. or stealing it like they did with ISIS.
    Trump has already passed up opportunities to blame Iran for things and go to war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Truth.

These TDS infested dolts will claim Trump is going to take us to WW3 over a passing statement leaving the option of war on the table, while at the exact same moment his deliberate actions have been those of someone who truly does not want war.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I don't have to believe he is itching for a fight just because you are having mental issues. If he wants a fight, Syria is sitting right there and the Democrat party, the Republican party, the MSM and the MIC will all cheer him on. For some reason that you can't figure out, Trump isn't starting this war that you think he is itching for. Let me guess, you probably think that Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian agent too.
    Just some added emphasis to the important part...

I never claimed war could be eliminated, human nature can't be altered.
    But what you want always causes more wars and suffering.
    No, the world is a difficult place, so the decisions are difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    You suspect that Trump is a neocon, even though he is at complete odds with the neocons and they are all pissed at him for pulling back from Syria. The guy tossed John Bolton from the White House and hasn't started a war yet. All you need to do is look at the face of Lindsey Graham to see how the actual neocons are disappointed with Trump.

Trump is right, the U.S. might have to get into wars. That is the reality we have always lived in and how our nation was created in the first place. Do you want Trump to tell the world he is unwilling to go to war?

Trump is not at complete odds with the neocons and the neocons whine unless you are doing hundred percent of what they are asking for. That is just facts. This idea that he hasn't started a war is silly when he has maintained all the wars his predecessors have started. Also the areas where he could start new wars have diminished so its not as easy as it was for Obama or Bush. The point is that he is maintaining the wars going on now and he is trying to start new ones.

The war with Syria has already been started, just like with Libya and the new wars, they are fought with proxy fighters like the SDF, FSA and white helmets who are all being funded or helped by the administration. Sadly the people with the mental illness are the ones so willing to be fooled by the neocon deceiver in the white house.

He's not itching to get into military conflict. If he was the bombs would already have started drooping on Iran because that is the country he has done the most squawking about.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    No, the world is a difficult place, so the decisions are difficult.
    Meaning...?
    "The Patriarch"

Back-to-back World War champions

Let's make it a three-peat
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Iraqi Freedom doesn't count? #GotSaddam
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Our allies never properly appreciated us the last two times, this time we should sit back and laugh to teach them a lesson.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump has already passed up opportunities to blame Iran for things and go to war.
    No he has NOT..

Iran has done Nothing despite repeated attacks..

They are long overdue and being deliberately taunted.

Trumph is pissed that they haven't taken the bait.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Not a world war.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    VietNam,Laos,Cambodia,,, Angola and Rhodesia,,,

and WTF are we still doing in Korea?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No he has NOT..

Iran has done Nothing despite repeated attacks..

They are long overdue and being deliberately taunted.

Trumph is pissed that they haven't taken the bait.
    He could have declared war when they shot down the drone, whether or not it was in their airspace doesn't really matter.
    He almost launched an attack in retaliation but didn't.
    He could have when the Saudi oil facility was attacked, it doesn't really matter whether Iran actually pulled the trigger or whether they actually were behind the Houthis.
    He didn't.
    And then there were the attacks on the tankers and the tanker seizures, the details/truth don't matter for them either.
    He didn't.

At least try to discuss the same reality as the rest of us even if you cling to your TDS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He could have declared war

He almost launched an attack

He could have

He didn't.

Bottom line. He Couldn't without authorization,,,and certainly not wholly without cause.

But still making loudmouth threats.. (violation of rule #25)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Bottom line. He Couldn't without authorization,,,and certainly not wholly without cause.
    What planet are you living on?
    Not only do Presidents launch wars without authorization and with little cause or made up causes but Congress would jump at the chance to authorize a war with Iran, it's a zionist/MIC dream.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast