Thread: Merkel says German multicultural society has failed (2010)

Merkel says German multicultural society has failed (2010)

Attempts to build a multicultural society in Germany have "utterly failed", Chancellor Angela Merkel says.
    She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, and immigrants needed to do more to integrate - including learning German.
    The comments come amid rising anti-immigration feeling in Germany.
    A recent survey suggested more than 30% of people believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".
    The study - by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation think-tank - also showed that roughly the same number thought that some 16 million of Germany's immigrants or people with foreign origins had come to the country for its social benefits.

Mrs Merkel told a gathering of younger members of her conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party on Saturday that at "the beginning of the 60s our country called the foreign workers to come to Germany and now they live in our country."
    She added: "We kidded ourselves a while, we said: 'They won't stay, sometime they will be gone', but this isn't reality."

"And of course, the approach [to build] a multicultural [society] and to live side-by-side and to enjoy each other... has failed, utterly failed."
    In her speech in Potsdam, however, the chancellor made clear that immigrants were welcome in Germany.
    She specifically referred to recent comments by German President Christian Wulff who said that Islam was "part of Germany", like Christianity and Judaism.
    Mrs Merkel said: "We should not be a country either which gives the impression to the outside world that those who don't speak German immediately or who were not raised speaking German are not welcome here."

More at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Isreal needs some Diversity and Multicultural and Open Borders.............

It didn't fail for the globalists, that was the plan all along.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Why did she allow millions of muslims to come into germany?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It didn't fail for the globalists, that was the plan all along.
    Well of course when knowing that the globalists and their families in gated protected communities isolated from our society .

Manipulative liar!

She made this exact same statement years ago - just before encouraging millions of foreigners to infiltrate Germany and the rest of Europe! It's not a good sign and certainly doesn't mean she has any intention of changing course! She's misleading people again.

I can't believe nobody here seems to remember this? Surely, there's a thread about it!

It was before Hillary Clinton destroyed Libya, before that time the press claimed "immigrants" were referring to Merkel as "Mutter" (german for "Mother" ) - before many, many incidents of terrorism, stabbings, acid baths, burnt churches and mass murders were committed by so many hate-filled "immigrants" in Germany, France, Britain, Italy, etc.

''...Attempts to build a multicultural society in Germany have "utterly failed", Chancellor Angela Merkel says.
    She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, ...''

I would never have believed these words would be uttered by Merkel, she must be trying to save her job....
    ...meanwhile, gee, who could have thunk' ........

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    She follow her masters orders.

Ah, here it is! Merkel said the same in 2010, then ramped up the invasion anyway

EDIT: Crap! I only just realized the OP is the same 2010 article which I am talking about! I had assumed Merkel had made a new statement - and therefore, "made an ass of u and me" with my response. Date was not made obvious in the first post. I think it should've been made plain that this was a nine year old statement. Oh well, my typography skills make my version of the article more readable, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I would never have believed these words would be uttered by Merkel, she must be trying to save her job....
    ...meanwhile, gee, who could have thunk' ........
    Well, it worked the last time she said it - in 2010! NINE years ago! How many lives would've been saved if she had meant what she said the first time she said it?
    Here's the RPF thread from 2010: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ety-Has-Failed

What's she trying to pull now?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451
    Merkel says German multicultural society has failed
    17 October 2010

Attempts to build a multicultural society in Germany have "utterly failed", Chancellor Angela Merkel says.
    She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, and immigrants needed to do more to integrate - including learning German.

The comments come amid rising anti-immigration feeling in Germany.

A recent survey suggested more than 30% of people believed the country was "overrun by foreigners".

The study - by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation think-tank - also showed that roughly the same number thought that some 16 million of Germany's immigrants or people with foreign origins had come to the country for its social benefits.

Foreign workers

Mrs Merkel told a gathering of younger members of her conservative Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party on Saturday that at "the beginning of the 60s our country called the foreign workers to come to Germany and now they live in our country."

She added: "We kidded ourselves a while, we said: 'They won't stay, sometime they will be gone', but this isn't reality."

"And of course, the approach [to build] a multicultural [society] and to live side-by-side and to enjoy each other... has failed, utterly failed."

In her speech in Potsdam, however, the chancellor made clear that immigrants were welcome in Germany.

She specifically referred to recent comments by German President Christian Wulff who said that Islam was "part of Germany", like Christianity and Judaism.

Mrs Merkel said: "We should not be a country either which gives the impression to the outside world that those who don't speak German immediately or who were not raised speaking German are not welcome here."

Mounting debate

There has been intense debate about multiculturalism in Germany in recent months.

Correspondents say Mrs Merkel faces pressure from within her CDU and its allies to take a tougher stance and require immigrants to do more to adapt to German society.

Earlier this week, Horst Seehofer, the leader of the CDU's Bavarian sister party, the CSU, said it was "obvious that immigrants from different cultures like Turkey and Arab countries, all in all, find it harder" to integrate.

Germany's president says Muslims belong in Germany

"'Multikulti' is dead," Mr Seehofer said.

Earlier this month the chancellor held talks with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in which the two leaders pledged to do more to improve the often poor integration record of Germany's estimated 2.5 million-strong Turkish community.

The debate first heated up in August when Thilo Sarrazin, a senior official at Germany's central bank, said that "no immigrant group other than Muslims is so strongly connected with claims on the welfare state and crime". Mr Sarrazin has since resigned.

Such recent strong anti-immigration feelings from mainstream politicians come amid an anger in Germany about high unemployment, even if the economy is growing faster than those of its rivals, our correspondent says.

He adds that there also seems to be a new strident tone in the country, perhaps leading to less reticence about no-go-areas of the past.
    Last edited by Valli6; 10-22-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    To destroy it.
    Whether she is part of the faction that actually wants Eurabia or part of the faction that wants an overreactionand a "Crusade" what was there had to be destroyed so the New Order could be built on its ashes.
    Just like Nero burning Rome.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    She made this exact same statement years ago - just before encouraging millions of foreigners to infiltrate Germany and the rest of Europe! It's not a good sign and certainly doesn't mean she has any intention of changing course! She's misleading people again.

I can't believe nobody here seems to remember this? Surely, there's a thread about it!

It was before Hillary Clinton destroyed Libya, before that time the press claimed "immigrants" were referring to Merkel as "Mutter" (german for "Mother" ) - before many, many incidents of terrorism, stabbings, acid baths, burnt churches and mass murders were committed by so many hate-filled "immigrants" in Germany, France, Britain, Italy, etc.
    I think she is part of the faction that wants to provoke a reaction, that's why she imported so many so fast and then keeps acknowledging that it is a failure.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

EDIT: Crap! I only just realized the OP is the same 2010 article which I am talking about! I had assumed Merkel had made a new statement - and therefore, "made an ass of u and me" with my response. Date was not made obvious in the first post. I think it should've been made plain that this was a nine year old statement.
    I thought it was new too, thanks for pointing out it was old, the place I found it posted it as if it was new.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Mods, please edit the title to reflect that this was from 2010, I didn't notice that when I posted it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

EDIT: Crap! I only just realized the OP is the same 2010 article which I am talking about! I had assumed Merkel had made a new statement - and therefore, "made an ass of u and me" with my response. Date was not made obvious in the first post. I think it should've been made plain that this was a nine year old statement. Oh well, my typography skills make my version of the article more readable, anyway.

Well, it worked the last time she said it - in 2010! NINE years ago! How many lives would've been saved if she had meant what she said the first time she said it?
    Here's the RPF thread from 2010: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ety-Has-Failed

What's she trying to pull now?

lol , we were all dupped, just goes to show you (and why I was in shock that she made the statement) , it
    was a lie from the start.
    Merkel has no business in politics , she is what Pelosi is here in the US, a disease that needs eradicating,
    no vaccine is for stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Mods, please edit the title to reflect that this was from 2010, I didn't notice that when I posted it.
    I saw that breibart had also posted this story. I left a comment asking doesn't anyone else remember her saying this a long time ago? and a little while later the story was removed. Eh. But yeah, it does illustrate what a shameless liar she is.

Would be interesting to know what Horst Seehofer and Thilo Sarrazin are doing today, or if the Friedrich Ebert Foundation is still studying how much people dislike the now-even-larger deluge of foreigners.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think she is part of the faction that wants to provoke a reaction, that's why she imported so many so fast and then keeps acknowledging that it is a failure.
    I heard from some online forums when German teens and women were being raped by Arab/African migrants the German police didn't stop nothing to stop or prevent the rapes according to those.

The German gov officials and politicians welcomed the rapes.