Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Party or Protest 2020 - Accountable for Peace

Party or Protest 2020 - Accountable for Peace

So, I want to support Trump if he ends these wars.

I also don't want to support Trump if he continues them.

Maybe we can set a day in 2020 where Trump can reap what he sows.

There needs to be a build up to this event though, so starting something like this sooner, while Trump's rhetoric is great, would be crucial.

Either way, he gets the large attendance that he deserves.

I think all genuine people, left and right, would support something like this. Thoughts? Take it away!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm all for it but we will need to have support from outside this forum if we want to even be noticed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

A campaign promise deadline? We gave you power. Use it or lose it!

I like it. Long past time American voters learn to fix their mistakes.

I've seen several attempts to publish voting records of those in congress get ignored. But one specifically geared toward campaign promises kept/ignored/violated might get a little traction.

Yes, Trump 2020 is the perfect place to start, especially since the Democrats are trying to talk their supporters into backing The War Party. He tweeted enough about peace in 2016.

It needs a good slogan...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-21-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

And right out the gate we have this gold:

USE IT OR LOSE IT

Most the fights are over predictions. I see that as silly because all of us who have been here a while have been wrong often.

I like the direction Trump seems to be moving. As long as he's scaling down, he has my support. If he doesn't, he won't have my support.

There is a lot of smoke over what's going on in the Middle East. I think we should at least wait for the smoke to clear before insulting each other.

And some people should put each other on ignore. I see a lot of the same people rehashing fights from bad blood from 2015. I don't get that. Most of us have lost our temper, but meh, let it go.

Given who we're talking about here, how about...?

Peace or Yer Fired!

The deadline seems clear enough. 11/2 or 3/20.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-21-2019 at 03:24 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Given who we're talking about here, how about...?

Peace or Yer Fired!

The deadline seems clear enough. 11/2 or 3/20.
    Trump won't lose the nomination and if we are going to put pressure on him it should be before the general election.

Any deadline needs to be based on the political situation making it possible for him to begin bringing troops home without getting impeached, if you aren't going to factor that in then the pressure might as well just start now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why would he keep trying to pull out if he wasn't serious, he's the only one that brings it up in the first place.

10/21/19

FJB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Why would he keep trying to pull out if he wasn't serious, he's the only one that brings it up in the first place.

10/21/19

Exactly, if he fails after bringing it up over and over he opens himself up to being attacked for not fulfilling his promise when he could have just let everyone forget it and if anyone brought it up he could cite the "experts" to say it wasn't the right time yet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm all for it but we will need to have support from outside this forum if we want to even be noticed.
    Trump won't lose the nomination and if we are going to put pressure on him it should be before the general election.

Any deadline needs to be based on the political situation making it possible for him to begin bringing troops home without getting impeached, if you aren't going to factor that in then the pressure might as well just start now.
    11/3/20 is the general election. And of course we'd have to start now.

Duh.

This site won't do it by itself? So make yourself useful and tell us what other sites won't ban anyone who even mentions peace.

Duh.
    Josh suggested a deadline for Trump to follow through by in 2020, you suggested two dates, I said the general election was too late and that we should either pick one earlier than that which allowed for the political considerations or just start now.

Are you just trying to pick a fight?

This site won't do it by itself? So make yourself useful and tell us what other sites won't ban anyone who even mentions peace.
    Free Republic has a large "Bring them Home" contingent.
    I don't go much of anyplace else but here and there that has much of an audience but maybe others can suggest some places.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Duh.

Minds, it's not yuge but it seems to be gaining traction. I'm active there and would be happy to spread the word. I'm all for it, use it or lose it!
    "The Patriarch"

Josh suggested a deadline for Trump to follow through by in 2020, you suggested two dates, I said the general election was too late and that we should either pick one earlier than that which allowed for the political considerations or just start now.
    Of course we'd have to get going immediately.

As for the deadline, what's wrong with 11/2? You figure it must come before the primaries, or you can't play because you can't vote for anyone who's not a Republican?

We've got experience with the GOP primary process. There's no way to primary a sitting president. His party's nomination is the absolute least of Trump's worries. Peace can't be secured by setting up a paper tiger.

11/2/20 is just fine.

This is a seriously promising idea. Trump made the promise as part of an America First campaign, and Republicans responded because they're the ones who wind up coughing up the majority of the blood and treasure that makes war possible. So, the MSM is trying to turn the Democrats into warmongers, and they are stirring up serious resentment with that.

That's what I call perfect conditions for a lightning strike to cause a brushfire. A nonpartisan brushfire.

The MSM would tell us it can't work. Would we believe them? Will we tell ourselves the same?

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Of course we'd have to get going immediately.
    Josh suggested a deadline for withdrawals in 2020, it's not 2020 yet.

As for the deadline, what's wrong with 11/2?
    Because by then any leverage is gone, either he wins or he loses and if he hasn't pulled troops out in significant numbers he will have a second term as a lame duck thanks to the term limit on Presidents that is unlikely to be amended away.

You figure it must come before the primaries, or you can't play because you can't vote for anyone who's not a Republican?
    Aside from speculating on my motives and making it personal (we aren't supposed to do that, or are you immune?) that's just wrong, see above.

We've got experience with the GOP primary process. There's no way to primary a sitting president. His party's nomination is the absolute least of Trump's worries. Peace can't be secured by setting up a paper tiger.
    I was the one that said he would get the nomination for sure so the primaries and the convention are irrelevant.

11/2/20 is just fine.
    See above, he needs to be held to a deadline before that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is antiwar.com reliable these days? Would they play?

What are we talking about here , Afghanistan ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    No, we're debating Trump again.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think any significant withdrawal from overseas (but particularly the ME and the war zones) should count but Josh will have to tell us what he would count.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

'Proposals for promoting the peace of the world will have careful consideration. But we are not a people who are always seeking for a sign. We know that peace comes from honesty and fair dealing, from moderation, and a generous regard for the rights of others. The heart of the Nation is more important than treaties.'--Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Most the fights are over predictions. I see that as silly because all of us who have been here a while have been wrong often.

I like the direction Trump seems to be moving. As long as he's scaling down, he has my support. If he doesn't, he won't have my support.

There is a lot of smoke over what's going on in the Middle East. I think we should at least wait for the smoke to clear before insulting each other.

And some people should put each other on ignore. I see a lot of the same people rehashing fights from bad blood from 2015. I don't get that. Most of us have lost our temper, but meh, let it go.
    Guess I'm like you.

I tend to make the best of a situation I have little control over. We have Trump as president, I didn't vote for him, but he's president anyway.

I wait and watch to see what he's doing and feel he should be praised when he does something right.

I believe he has learned alot about who is enemies are and is doing something about it. Took a few years for him to get a grasp on the D.C. dirty tricks and it looks like he's been doing something about it.

I'll reserve judgement on Trump till I see how he works out.

Unlike some, who want to fire him now, I'll watch him and see if he needs fireing.

The MSM mostly seems to what him out of there, and to me that means he's doing something right.

Time will tell.

If Trump would end the wars in the middle east which are not wars because congress did not do its job and americans did not vote them out because they are lazy $#@!s then yeah , I could see that being cause for celebration . It moves him up from some random guy from NY who was not a politician and got elected Pres. to a Great American who loves the troops . But who is in charge of celebrating ? Really have to be the troops and Josh ( I'll try and save up to buy a round after I get my property tax pd ) because otherwise we get back to congress and lazy americans ......
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    So, I want to support Trump if he ends these wars.

I also don't want to support Trump if he continues them.

Maybe we can set a day in 2020 where Trump can reap what he sows.

There needs to be a build up to this event though, so starting something like this sooner, while Trump's rhetoric is great, would be crucial.

Either way, he gets the large attendance that he deserves.

I think all genuine people, left and right, would support something like this. Thoughts? Take it away!
    What if he ends the war and secures(read: steals) other people's oil and land? would you still support him? Read my sig, its there for a reason and that reason is that nobody is all bad. Look at any administration and you can pick out at least 5 really good policies they have supported. Take Obama for xample, he started the road map for peace with Iran which the neocons hated, he refused to bomb Syria after the fake nuclear attack which the neocons also hated, he extended the Bush tax cuts, ended don't ask don't tell policy of the military etc etc etc.

You have to look at the whole not just a portion of the pie to decide who to vote for. I think this debate is moot because Trump is and has always been part of the neocon agenda. He may take a break on one conflict but be rest assured that he will be doing the leg work needed to prepare fr future conflicts.

I say encourage him when he does something right but only support him when he on a macro and consistent basis works to do the right thing which in this case is ending the wars

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post

10/21/19

I am convinced edit: believe he IS telling the truth. I believe him in this video, even though every cell in my body screams not to believe this man. It's sooooo hard.

This covers all of our asses from looking like idiots. We support the man with the mic who speaks for peace. And if he turns on us, then we protest.

End the wars President Trump!
    Last edited by JoshLowry; 10-31-2019 at 10:03 PM. Reason: corrected by pcosmar

I think any significant withdrawal from overseas (but particularly the ME and the war zones) should count but Josh will have to tell us what he would count.
    This isn't enough but it's a start:

The United States has pulled out 2,000 troops from Afghanistan over the past year, leaving just over 12,000 in the country, according to the top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan, The Washington Post reported Oct. 21.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...commander-says

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

With Trump, and once again, I'm quite confident that I was a more vocal supporter of Trump than
    any forum member here for 2 plus years , including you Josh.
    The problem is, I based my support on his promises and intimations, he did some great things, but
    sadly we keep moving the goal post further and further back to try and justify our continued support
    of a man that has stabbed us in the back so many times now, it makes me car sick.

I can list from the Patriot Act , to Israel First, to all the due process, and Hillary in prison
    comments and rhetoric that we all are now trying to forget, but I think most of you
    have read them many times already.

There are a lot of worse choices out there, but we did not get what we voted for, that's a fact.

There is great wars/global interventions fatigue in public, very creative political manuevrings are required lately for any politician to carry these on. Lobbies, donor classes have realized that also. Every election since Bush's departure has been won on the promise of ending wars, unfortunately politicians and lobbies have been pretty good at working the system and tricking the public.
    I supported him early on and still cautiously tad bit optimistic (mostly because of public sentiment factor) but with greatly lowered expectations.
    If he loses this chance, would be a shame but I won't be too surprised. I'd very glad if my skepticism is proven completey wrong and he ended wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Damn, go to work, get banned. Come home, ban lifted, it's a crazy world.

You're just THAT good! Glad it's taken care of.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    The mice?

Edit:

<<< Looks around. >>>
    Maybe it's time to get back to the topic of this thread....
    So, back on topic. When I take this over to other sites and try to spread it, how do I present this? Is this an RPF thing? Is this just a thing? Just looking to sort this all out.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast