Thread: The Endless Propaganda To Keep The Endless Wars Going

The Endless Propaganda To Keep The Endless Wars Going

From the Ron Paul Liberty report....

By Chris Rossini

Americans have been voting for peace candidates for decades. One of the surest ways to become president in America is to promise that you'll put an end to the endless wars.

George W. Bush did it ... Obama did it ... and so did Trump.

Yet, despite the empty promises and Nobel Peace Prizes, neither Bush, nor Obama delivered. They expanded the forever wars with reckless abandon.

While President Trump is still in the thick of it, he has made a very bold move to remove 1,000 American troops from Syria.

The propaganda against Trump's decision has been immense. The desire to keep the endless wars...well, endless...cannot be more apparent.

As the howls continue, please reflect on the following words from Murray Rothbard that were written in a 1968 newspaper column. See if you can spot the parallels from the war propagandists back then, to those of today:
    “A lot of people throughout the country are beginning to realize that getting into the Vietnam war was a disastrous mistake. In fact, hardly anyone makes so bold as to justify America’s entrance into, and generation of, that perpetual war.

And so the last line of defense for the war’s proponents is: Well, maybe it was a mistake to get into the war, but now that we’re there, we’re committed, so we have to carry on.

A curious argument. Usually, in life, if we find out that a course of action has been a mistake, we abandon that course and try something else. This is supposed to be the time-honored principle of ‘trial and error.’ Or if a business project or investment turns out to be an unprofitable venture, we abandon it and try investing elsewhere.

​Only in the Vietnam war do we suddenly find that, having launched a disaster, we are stuck with it forevermore and must continue to pour in blood and treasure until eternity.”
    Americans can desire an end to the forever wars; they can vote for them, and presidential candidates can get elected promising to end them.

But.....

The moment a president actually takes a step in the right direction, the propaganda goes into overdrive --- from every single angle.

​Are we doomed, as Rothbard wrote to "pour blood and treasure until eternity"?

Will President Trump use his significant step in Syria, to take an even bigger step in the future? Will he actually bring troops home?

The future isn't written yet.

It's easy to be cynical. Trump could be duping Americans. It won't be the first time. After all, if Americans are used to anything, it's lying presidents.

But what if Trump really is different?

Only he knows for sure.

In the end, he'll be judged by his actions alone.

But one can at least encourage him to mean what he repeatedly says:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    The Endless Wars Must End!

5:20 PM - Oct 12, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    70.2K people are talking about this
    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...8UjYsZq1pDXqxs

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chris Rossini is clearly a Trumpkin troll who is either paid to shill for Trump or is too stupid to realize that the MSM is only pretending to oppose Trump about Syria and the move was really part of an evil plan to cause WWIII.

If he wants to be redeemed he should say 3 Hail Xis and 4 Death to Americas.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Chris Rossini is clearly a Trumpkin troll who is either paid to shill for Trump or is too stupid to realize that the MSM is only pretending to oppose Trump about Syria and the move was really part of an evil plan to cause WWIII.

If he wants to be redeemed he should say 3 Hail Xis and 4 Death to Americas.
    Well, since he's a contributor at Ron Paul Liberty report we can only assume that Ron Paul is a deep, deep, deep state troll.

Thank God we have pure libertarians here to guide our way.

Thanks for initial post

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Thanks for initial post
    Virtue signaling not your thing?
    "The Patriarch"

The question is this, so you broke into a person's house, robbed em, kept em hostage but you happened to stab them in the commotion that happened when you broke in. Luckily for everybody involved, the situation is just perfect because the blades are just in the right spot so that there is no internal bleeding. 73 hrs into the kidnapping, you all of a sudden realize that you did something really foolish. Do you pull your knife and run leaving the homeowner without any help or do you call out for help and wait for the neighbours to show up before running out? also staying an extra five minutes changes absolutely nothing for u

The point I am getting at with my scenario is this, would you abruptly leave a bad situation when such abrupt action could lead to a worse situation happening? Not saying that US closing a base is bad but that it could have been done in a orderly fashion. There is really no reason to rush the situation and negotiations could have been started to handover areas, allow for ally retreat and plans to take care of the ISIS prisoners. The people who write articles like this and their supporters want you to believe that there are only two sides to this debate. Its not true, there is a third and prudent option that was available for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The question is this, so you broke into a person's house, robbed em, kept em hostage but you happened to stab them in the commotion that happened when you broke in. Luckily for everybody involved, the situation is just perfect because the blades are just in the right spot so that there is no internal bleeding. 73 hrs into the kidnapping, you all of a sudden realize that you did something really foolish. Do you pull your knife and run leaving the homeowner without any help or do you call out for help and wait for the neighbours to show up before running out? also staying an extra five minutes changes absolutely nothing for u

The point I am getting at with my scenario is this, would you abruptly leave a bad situation when such abrupt action could lead to a worse situation happening? Not saying that US closing a base is bad but that it could have been done in a orderly fashion. There is really no reason to rush the situation and negotiations could have been started to handover areas, allow for ally retreat and plans to take care of the ISIS prisoners. The people who write articles like this and their supporters want you to believe that there are only two sides to this debate. Its not true, there is a third and prudent option that was available for Trump.
    The locals don't want us to stay except for the ones that want us to stay forever and keep causing trouble.

There was no 3rd option, Turkey was going to invade and we could get out of the way or go to war with them.

Marco Rubio made the exact same claim and didn't explain what the supposed other option was either.

Trump gave the Kurds more help than they deserved and got them a ceasefire with Turkey in addition to Assad and Russia moving in to help.

"Just stay 5 more minutes" gets repeated every five minutes and it is never the "right time" to leave.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

In the end, he'll be judged by his actions alone.

But one can at least encourage him to mean what he repeatedly says:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    The Endless Wars Must End!

5:20 PM - Oct 12, 2019

^this is huge.

Positive encouragement can do wonders to improve credibility gap at the highest levels of America-Firsterism movement:

Poll: How much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?

Very high/absolute 7.27%
    High 3.64%
    Low 9.09%
    Very low/none 74.55%
    Not sure/other 5.45%

Developing...

'Follow the money doctrine' may need to be rejected due to current top donor of America-Firsterism movement being member of a foreign military

Related

US troops leaving Syria will go to Iraq, says Pentagon chief
    4 hours ago
    Mr Esper told reporters that, under current plans, about 1,000 soldiers would be redeployed to help stop the resurgence of Islamic State (IS).
    President Donald Trump has previously pledged to bring US troops home.

Mideast Troops Surge 2019:
    Trump sent
    14,000 additional U.S. troops to the Middle East between May 2019 and Oct 2019

Tulsi slams Trump as Saudi 'b----' , 'We are not your prostitutes. You are not our pimp'

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Like Ron Paul said, We should have never went down that street and into that neighbourhood in the first place. How we get out is VERY insignificant 10 years later. I cannot believe I am reading that a libertarian would argue one word about how we are getting out. This is not libertarian, this is support for the hypocritical elite Democrats who like the neocons have very deep vested interests in the game of war. Maybe you don't realize this my friend? How much homework have you done into who the real warmongers and manipulators happen to be?
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The locals don't want us to stay except for the ones that want us to stay forever and keep causing trouble.
    I am sure if we asked the locals who don't want us to stay if we could stay an extra week or two to try and negotiate a less chaotic withdrawal, I bet they would all say yes and even if they says no, its not like we really care what any locals say.

There was no 3rd option, Turkey was going to invade and we could get out of the way or go to war with them.
    Yes, Turkey was going to invade but evidence from the negotiated seize fire shows that they do listen to the US.

Marco Rubio made the exact same claim and didn't explain what the supposed other option was either.
    Why bring Rubio into the debate, he doesn't represent the 3 option people. I just explained what the 3rd option is. Listen to me and not Rubio

Trump gave the Kurds more help than they deserved and got them a ceasefire with Turkey in addition to Assad and Russia moving in to help.
    Trump could have spared then a few dozen deaths and destruction of property

"Just stay 5 more minutes" gets repeated every five minutes and it is never the "right time" to leave.
    Yes, 5 more mins and then leave. The negotiations for the seize fire only took a couple of days. Couldn't they have waited for days?

I am sure if we asked the locals who don't want us to stay if we could stay an extra week or two to try and negotiate a less chaotic withdrawal, I bet they would all say yes and even if they says no, its not like we really care what any locals say.
    You are calling for us to ignore the locals?
    Stop shilling for the Kurds.
    We aren't wanted for 1 more second by most of the people or the legitimate government.

Yes, Turkey was going to invade but evidence from the negotiated seize fire shows that they do listen to the US.
    They only listened after Trump got out of the way and had time to threaten them with sanctions, the Kurds only listened because we got out of the way.

Why bring Rubio into the debate, he doesn't represent the 3 option people. I just explained what the 3rd option is. Listen to me and not Rubio
    Rubio is saying EXACTLY what you are saying and it doesn't explain any third option:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/statu...57215326355456

There was no 3rd option, it was get out of the way or fight the Turks for the Kurds.

Trump could have spared then a few dozen deaths and destruction of property
    They didn't deserve it and they wouldn't have listened, it also would have put us at war with Turkey.

Yes, 5 more mins and then leave. The negotiations for the seize fire only took a couple of days. Couldn't they have waited for days?
    No, we would have been at war with Turkey and that would have committed us to much longer than 5 more minutes, even if we could have stayed without war with Turkey there would have been no agreement any time soon with us committed to protect the Kurds, it would drag on and on.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are calling for us to ignore the locals?
    Stop shilling for the Kurds.
    We aren't wanted for 1 more second by most of the people or the legitimate government.

They only listened after Trump got out of the way and had time to threaten them with sanctions, the Kurds only listened because we got out of the way.

Rubio is saying EXACTLY what you are saying and it doesn't explain any third option:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/statu...57215326355456

There was no 3rd option, it was get out of the way or fight the Turks for the Kurds.

They didn't deserve it and they wouldn't have listened, it also would have put us at war with Turkey.

No, we would have been at war with Turkey and that would have committed us to much longer than 5 more minutes, even if we could have stayed without war with Turkey there would have been no agreement any time soon with us committed to protect the Kurds, it would drag on and on.
    For the first time in my life I think I agree with Rubio over the people writing on RonPaullibertyreport.com. I think I agree with just about everything he said in that tweet. All I am saying is that he could have tried, sent the VP and if it fails, then you can say to all the naysayers that you tried.

This was his mistake and this is what all the people making excuses for him cannot comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Like Ron Paul said, We should have never went down that street and into that neighbourhood in the first place. How we get out is VERY insignificant 10 years later. I cannot believe I am reading that a libertarian would argue one word about how we are getting out. This is not libertarian, this is support for the hypocritical elite Democrats who like the neocons have very deep vested interests in the game of war. Maybe you don't realize this my friend? How much homework have you done into who the real warmongers and manipulators happen to be?
    First of all, welcome back. I have missed your input in this forum for a while now. Your post tells me that you would pull the knife and run and risk the homeowner dying from bleeding. You have the right to take that stance, but I just disagree with you. Thats it

For the first time in my life I think I agree with Rubio over the people writing on RonPaullibertyreport.com. I think I agree with just about everything he said in that tweet. All I am saying is that he could have tried, sent the VP and if it fails, then you can say to all the naysayers that you tried.

This was his mistake and this is what all the people making excuses for him cannot comprehend.
    There was no mistake, trying it your way would have resulted in war with Turkey or staying until the negotiations "worked" which would have been forever since the Kurds would have had no motivation to agree to anything that would result in us leaving.

The Kurds didn't deserve as much as Trump did for them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

First of all, welcome back. I have missed your input in this forum for a while now. Your post tells me that you would pull the knife and run and risk the homeowner dying from bleeding. You have the right to take that stance, but I just disagree with you. Thats it
    Thank you for the kind words friend, good to see you again too.

Here is the deal. The Global elite plan and start the wars for profit and control through debt, the neocons profit as a side bet but they are small change compared to the power and in-compassion of the Globalists. The true agenda behind all the globalist actions is based on the want to control population in mass. It is all geared for euthanasia in mass. All of it, Global warming, tit for tat conflicts, division between races, all of it... We need to stop arguing this small stuff and wake up to see the bigger picture...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Undeclared war is wrong.

There is no "other side".

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be fair, the war propaganda quality is not what it used to be. And there is great war fatigue among public, it is puzzling how alpha leader MAGA gets bulldozed by today's amateur, scattered neocons. Logical fallacies slip through often now and there is little expert oversight in war rationale communications.

This was more professional execution, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6GBdyws5YU

Brilliant war pimping minds are only cheerleading MAGA's global intervetions regime from sidelines these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Undeclared war is wrong.

There is no "other side".

^^^^This^^^^

Bring them HOME. NOT redeployed elsewhere in the region.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

/////
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Sounds good, except for one thing... We are talking about tribal cultures who can't even forgive each other within their own region. They have been practising ethnic cleansing since the beginning of written history 4,000 years ago. They NEVER forgive, they hold grudges FOREVER. Once they declare war it is until the opposition is completely wiped out as a tribe or as a species. If you are ever expecting rationality to come from Iran, give it up because it will never happen until we are all dead. Then and only then will they feel "at peace" for just a few minutes before they go after the next grudge and tribe...
    Are Syria and Iran that different?
    We believe our lying eyes...

And that propaganda will continue to thrive for as long as possible.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge