Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Rand Paul on Watters' World 10/19

  1. #1



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Great interview. Thank you for posting it.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Denmark isn't socialist because the PM said it isn't socialist, also they have low corporate taxes and high middle class taxes, have private property and private stock market.

    But Venezuela also has low corporate taxes, low middle class taxes, no universal healthcare, private property and a private stock market and yet they are socialist. Maybe it's because Chavez and Maduro calls their economic system socialist.

    Also Hitler was less socialist that the govt he inherited, less socialist that the British French and American govt but that wouldn't stop people like Rand from calling them socialist. And if Rand insists on calling Nazi Germany then we all have to agree that a socialist country was able to lift the Germany economy from the worst type of depression and despair and then build an army that fought off all the world's major powers for several years. If that is socialism, I want more of it if only for the superb economic growth.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  5. #4
    Also Chile, the capitalist success story of South America is having protests mainly due to govt increases in transportation fares. Govt controls their govt fares you might ask? Yes, the govt someone controls the price of the fares. Also imagine how much shyte the country would be in if the US has full sets of destructive economic sanctions on the country?

    Rand makes sure to stay away from these very inconvenient narratives. It gets in the way of the socialism bad all the time story he is trying to tell
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Denmark isn't socialist because the PM said it isn't socialist, also they have low corporate taxes and high middle class taxes, have private property and private stock market.

    But Venezuela also has low corporate taxes, low middle class taxes, no universal healthcare, private property and a private stock market and yet they are socialist. Maybe it's because Chavez and Maduro calls their economic system socialist.

    Also Hitler was less socialist that the govt he inherited, less socialist that the British French and American govt but that wouldn't stop people like Rand from calling them socialist. And if Rand insists on calling Nazi Germany then we all have to agree that a socialist country was able to lift the Germany economy from the worst type of depression and despair and then build an army that fought off all the world's major powers for several years. If that is socialism, I want more of it if only for the superb economic growth.
    That's what America did but we had more resources and we won, from sea to shining sea.

    It's about economic freedom. Denmark and 'Murica are fairly high on the list while Venezuela ranks 2nd to last. Denmark is democratic too.
    https://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    That's what America did but we had more resources and we won, from sea to shining sea.

    It's about economic freedom. Denmark and 'Murica are fairly high on the list while Venezuela ranks 2nd to last. Denmark is democratic too.
    https://www.heritage.org/index/ranking
    Economic freedom my arse. I would.like to see exactly what they look at to come up with the list.

    Also about the OP, something I would really like to tell Rand is that his approach will not convince anyone(virtually) who wants govt established safety net in healthcare and post secondary education. They really don't care how they reach that goal, they just want it. So this approach of calling Scandinavia countries with these systems as socialist doesn't make em what those systems any less

    Lastly, I have been watching his recent media appreance to promote this book and he is coming of as a partisan. The media would ask him about something Trump did and his answer was always, but the democrats do it too. This is very turnoff ish to many independents and democrats, had Ron used this strategy when I discovered him, I don't think I'll be here today.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But Venezuela also has low corporate taxes, low middle class taxes, no universal healthcare, private property and a private stock market and yet they are socialist. Maybe it's because Chavez and Maduro calls their economic system socialist.
    Socialism-Government owns the means of production

    Venezuela-seized 100s of large multinational private businesses. Denmark does not

    It turns out currencies and countries collapse when you take private property on a mass scale. See Zimbabwe. See Chile. See USSR liquidating the kulaks. People don't want to invest in places where government will arbitrarily take all of your stuff. Instead people get their money out of those countries.

    Glad I could help. There is a reason Denmark ranks near the top in the World Bank business index and all the economic freedom indices and Venezuela near the bottom.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Denmark isn't socialist because the PM said it isn't socialist, also they have low corporate taxes and high middle class taxes, have private property and private stock market.

    But Venezuela also has low corporate taxes, low middle class taxes, no universal healthcare, private property and a private stock market and yet they are socialist. Maybe it's because Chavez and Maduro calls their economic system socialist.

    Also Hitler was less socialist that the govt he inherited, less socialist that the British French and American govt but that wouldn't stop people like Rand from calling them socialist. And if Rand insists on calling Nazi Germany then we all have to agree that a socialist country was able to lift the Germany economy from the worst type of depression and despair and then build an army that fought off all the world's major powers for several years. If that is socialism, I want more of it if only for the superb economic growth.
    maybe its time to get rid of the Che avatar



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Socialism-Government owns the means of production

    Venezuela-seized 100s of large multinational private businesses. Denmark does not

    It turns out currencies and countries collapse when you take private property on a mass scale. See Zimbabwe. See Chile. See USSR liquidating the kulaks. People don't want to invest in places where government will arbitrarily take all of your stuff. Instead people get their money out of those countries.

    Glad I could help. There is a reason Denmark ranks near the top in the World Bank business index and all the economic freedom indices and Venezuela near the bottom.
    Norwegian govt also owns majority stake in their oil companies one of their biggest economic sector and other business too. So let's not forget that.

    Also, do u ever wonder why the Venezuelan govt took over(some of those companies were bought out) any companies? And if they can seize one and cause themselves all that headache, why are they not seizing the rest of the privately held companies in the country? Could it be because they on good suspicion believe that the companies are used by imperialist companies to undermine the nation. I mean the US seized the assests(not buyout) of some company connected to Iran and I nobody batted an eyelid.

    I will still like to see all the factors they use in making the list. Every single one of em, not just a few of em. I have a feeling the list is just a propaganda too to push the idea that socialism in all forms will always lead to economic disaster.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    maybe its time to get rid of the Che avatar
    What did I do this time?
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    What did I do this time?
    well if your endorsing freedom while wearing the avatar of a muderous thug.... you know?

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    well if your endorsing freedom while wearing the avatar of a muderous thug.... you know?
    You do know some times the fight for freedom can be messy. It's easy for us to point fingers while sitting comfortably in our air conditioned, house with our fridge stocked to the brim with fresh fruits, meats and all assortment of alcoholic drink.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You do know some times the fight for freedom can be messy. It's easy for us to point fingers while sitting comfortably in our air conditioned, house with our fridge stocked to the brim with fresh fruits, meats and all assortment of alcoholic drink.
    well thats sort of my point.. when you start downplaying nazis socialism to the British in an attempt to make your brand of socialism appear better you might want to rethink that.

    "Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bum" - Greg Boyington.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    well thats sort of my point.. when you start downplaying nazis socialism to the British in an attempt to make your brand of socialism appear better you might want to rethink that.

    "Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bum" - Greg Boyington.
    Nazis aren't bad because of socialism. Look at the literature and you will see that Hitler was less of a socialist than the govt he replaced and also less socialist that Roosevelt and Churchill.

    You don't happen to believe the economic miracle that happened under Hitler's Germany happened because he went all socialist? Also just because a leader calls the country socialist or it has socialist in the name of the leading party doesn't make said country socialist..
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Nazis aren't bad because of socialism. Look at the literature and you will see that Hitler was less of a socialist than the govt he replaced and also less socialist that Roosevelt and Churchill.

    You don't happen to believe the economic miracle that happened under Hitler's Germany happened because he went all socialist? Also just because a leader calls the country socialist or it has socialist in the name of the leading party doesn't make said country socialist..
    How was the German economy any good though? Red flag goes up when Keynes says it was good.
    Weekly earnings increased by 19% in real terms in the period between 1932 and 1938, average working hours had also risen to approximately 60 per week by 1939.


    Hitler bullied the private sector on prices and production decisions, vastly expanded the military, enforced capital controls, and eventually ran huge deficits.


    Venezuela was able to afford the freebies when oil was $90+ a barrel but then it dropped by half. Oil is a large percentage of their GDP

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Nazis aren't bad because of socialism. Look at the literature and you will see that Hitler was less of a socialist than the govt he replaced and also less socialist that Roosevelt and Churchill.

    You don't happen to believe the economic miracle that happened under Hitler's Germany happened because he went all socialist? Also just because a leader calls the country socialist or it has socialist in the name of the leading party doesn't make said country socialist..
    and just because you honor Che with your avatar doesnt mean he wasnt a murderous thug.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    How was the German economy any good though? Red flag goes up when Keynes says it was good.
    Weekly earnings increased by 19% in real terms in the period between 1932 and 1938, average working hours had also risen to approximately 60 per week by 1939.


    Hitler bullied the private sector on prices and production decisions, vastly expanded the military, enforced capital controls, and eventually ran huge deficits.


    Venezuela was able to afford the freebies when oil was $90+ a barrel but then it dropped by half. Oil is a large percentage of their GDP
    dont forget theft. There was a fair amount of theft.



Similar Threads

  1. Ron Paul on Fox News w/ Jesse Watters - 1/12
    By jct74 in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-14-2019, 02:53 PM
  2. Jesse Watters Grills Ron Paul About Avoiding 'The Factor'
    By Rael in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 05:42 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 11:09 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •