Thread: Canada

Canada

https://news.yahoo.com/vote-splittin...063242929.html

Trudeau and Scheer, whose own lackluster campaign has cost his Conservatives, are now neck-and-neck, each with 31-32 percent support.
    If those numbers hold up, neither of the parties -- which have alternately ruled Canada since Confederation in 1867 -- will win a majority mandate.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Three days to voting.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

How is Bernier doing?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Results:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elec.../2019/results/

I saw something that said Bernier lost his seat.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada

Canada election: Trudeau's Liberals win but set to lose majority

Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party has retained power but a narrow election win will mean he is forced to lead a minority government as prime minister.
    His party will claim the most seats in parliament but their second term will be much harder, relying on other parties to pass legislation.
    The Liberals were neck-and-neck with their centre-right Conservative rivals.
    This federal election was seen as a referendum on Mr Trudeau, who endured a bumpy first term, tainted by scandal.
    "You did it my friends. Congratulations!" he told cheering supporters in Montreal.
    His weakened grip on power is being seen as a rebuke of his record but the result is bitterly disappointing for Conservative leader Andrew Scheer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada

Canada election: Trudeau's Liberals win but set to lose majority

Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party has retained power but a narrow election win will mean he is forced to lead a minority government as prime minister.
    His party will claim the most seats in parliament but their second term will be much harder, relying on other parties to pass legislation.
    The Liberals were neck-and-neck with their centre-right Conservative rivals.
    This federal election was seen as a referendum on Mr Trudeau, who endured a bumpy first term, tainted by scandal.
    "You did it my friends. Congratulations!" he told cheering supporters in Montreal.
    His weakened grip on power is being seen as a rebuke of his record but the result is bitterly disappointing for Conservative leader Andrew Scheer.
    Canada needs a Trump or it will be lost for good until a collapse.

Alternatively it may break up, it's not just Quebec that is thinking about seceding anymore.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Party Dissolution Today Difference
    177 156 -21
    95 122 +27
    10 32 +22
    39 24 -15
    2 3 +1
    9 1 -8
    1 0 -1

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Wednesday ruled out forming a coalition government despite an election victory that left his Liberals short of a majority.Trudeau said he would consult with leaders of the Canada's other parties on their priorities, and how they might work together.
    "They will be varied conversations, but I can tell you it is not in our plans at all to form any sort of formal or informal coalition," he said.
    He said his new cabinet will be sworn in on November 20.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trudeau-rules...191812551.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.