Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump indulged his "inner Rand Paul" with troop pullback....

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Turkey isn't cooperating with us these days.
    No? Have they started sending our nukes back to us--or assuming control of them?

Those U.S. nukes in Turkey are reality. What is this crap you're spewing?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Turkey isn't cooperating with us these days.
    They most certainly are..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No? Have they started sending our nukes back to us--or assuming control of them?

LOL,,
    TDS is a horrible affliction,,, and I should feel sorry for him.. but
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They most certainly are..
    You really want us to believe that you missed them buying Russian weapons systems, drilling off of Cyprus and attacking the Kurds? (among other ways they have opposed us lately)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You really want us to believe that you missed them buying Russian weapons systems, drilling off of Cyprus and attacking the Kurds? (among other ways they have opposed us lately)
    We never opposed them attacking Kurds.. Everyone have been attacking Kurds since they stole their lands.. and Kurd have been fighting for Kurdistan in every place that imposes authority over them.

And Russia has better prices...
    They are still NATO,,
    we still maintain Bases there..
    Likely trained ISIS leadership there.
    They were our friend when they were bombing Assad.

Trump just make a GREAT DEAL in Turkey.
    Give it a break,, you are not gaining any credibility,,, and it will get worse.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

We never opposed them attacking Kurds.. Everyone have been attacking Kurds since they stole their lands.. and Kurd have been fighting for Kurdistan in every place that imposes authority over them.

And Russia has better prices...
    They are still NATO,,
    we still maintain Bases there..
    Likely trained ISIS leadership there.
    They were our friend when they were bombing Assad.

Trump just make a GREAT DEAL in Turkey.
    You need to give it a break, nothing you can say will make us fight for the Kurds.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When you find yourself in a hole, you can stop digging. And when I find myself in a hole, I can stop digging.

But some people are paid by the post. They have to keep going straight to China.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You need to give it a break, nothing you can say will make us fight for the Kurds.
    Failed redirect

You lying sack of excrement
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Trump indulged his "inner Joe Lieberman" with troops redployment from Syria to Iraq

Cuz Rand would have brought troops back home.
    IOURep.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Guess I'm not a 'fav' anymore. Oh, well.

Ron Paul himself, and Rand, BOTH believe in encouraging Trump in non-interventionism. Both have praised him for his latest moves.

Yet, on these forums, libertarian purists can't get a grip.

Negativity, negativity, negativity. ANYTHING Trump.

They want only to divide, just like the progressives.

So here we are, can't even be happy about POSITIVE transformations. Gotta bitch, bitch, bitch. Because anti-Trump is COOL, man. Just ask any progressive.

If the libertarian/anarchists want to align with progressives then they need to just go do it. Because they DON'T align with Constitutional conservatives.

Open borders ? Hurrah! Abortion? We believe in individual choice! The Constitution? An archaic piece of paper that doesn't matter anyway! Just throw it in the bin and start a new utopia based on individual want and desire.

No. $#@! a bunch of libertarian/anarchist dipshits.

Keep going down this forum path until you are an Army of one. The one that is the MOST pure. SMDH.
    Some of us have educated ourselves enough to know that giving Trump credit for anything is stupid. He's a PR guy for bigger interests with bigger goals. I'm actually not anti-Trump. Seriously, I'm not. I'm anti-ignorance and anti-lying, two traits that pervade everything about this administration. This is why I didn't support GWB, Obama or Trump. They're faces, front men, PR agents. That's it. Is the dismantling of the global dollar standard a good thing from a foreign policy perspective? Probably...when it actually happens. Do I give Trump the credit as the savior that pulled it off in the face of the deep state trying to take him down? Hell no. He lies to my face every day as if I'm a moron and I don't fall for PR schtick from teevee personalities.

Ron himself spent a lot of time highlighting the FEDERAL RESERVE BANKERS, remember? While he may, at times, now praise Trump for something Trump announces, Ron's main platform point of the FED made it clear that the bankers control this shebang and guess who Trump has surrounded himself with? Those same bankers and their associated CFR members. Praise Trump if you like but if you still think that guy makes any decisions you haven't learned anything.

Just for giggles, here's a thread I started in 2009, literally over 10 years ago, about the global bankers planning out the end of the global dollar and everything that came along with it, which includes the eventual scaling back of US military presence around the world. Some of the issues important to libertarians are achieved during that process but I'm not naive enough at this point to think that next "solutions" haven't long since been decided and are being implemented. And it'll be a cold, cold day in hell before "devil21" gives Trump one shred of credit for anything other than standing in front of a camera reading a teleprompter.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-the-US-dollar
    Last edited by devil21; 10-21-2019 at 01:19 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Some of us have educated ourselves enough to know that giving Trump credit for anything is stupid. He's a PR guy for bigger interests with bigger goals. I'm actually not anti-Trump. Seriously, I'm not. I'm anti-ignorance and anti-lying, two traits that pervade everything about this administration. This is why I didn't support GWB, Obama or Trump. They're faces, front men, PR agents. That's it. Is the dismantling of the global dollar standard a good thing from a foreign policy perspective? Probably...when it actually happens. Do I give Trump the credit as the savior that pulled it off in the face of the deep state trying to take him down? Hell no. He lies to my face every day as if I'm a moron and I don't fall for PR schtick from teevee personalities.

Ron himself spent a lot of time highlighting the FEDERAL RESERVE BANKERS, remember? While he may, at times, now praise Trump for something Trump announces, Ron's main platform point of the FED made it clear that the bankers control this shebang and guess who Trump has surrounded himself with? Those same bankers and their associated CFR members. Praise Trump if you like but if you still think that guy makes any decisions you haven't learned anything.

Just for giggles, here's a thread I started in 2009, literally over 10 years ago, about the global bankers planning out the end of the global dollar and everything that came along with it, which includes the eventual scaling back of US military presence around the world. Some of the issues important to libertarians are achieved during that process but I'm not naive enough at this point to think that next "solutions" haven't long since been decided and are being implemented. And it'll be a cold, cold day in hell before "devil21" gives Trump one shred of credit for anything other than standing in front of a camera reading a teleprompter.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-the-US-dollar
    That's convenient, it allows you to claim that anything good that happens is actually bad.
    Unfortunately it doesn't fit the facts of what is actually happening.
    You also ignore the fact that Trump IS making the Fed the Bad Guy, but you will just say that is all part of the same evil plot, I suppose Ron was also part of the evil plot?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's convenient, it allows you to claim that anything good that happens is actually bad.
    Unfortunately it doesn't fit the facts of what is actually happening.
    You also ignore the fact that Trump IS making the Fed the Bad Guy, but you will just say that is all part of the same evil plot, I suppose Ron was also part of the evil plot?
    No genius, it allows me to know that the orange man on the teevee didn't do $#@! and doesn't deserve any credit other than standing in front of a camera reading a teleprompter. I don't worship middle-management PR figureheads.

Speaking of making the Fed the bad guy, I also wrote about that narrative going mainstream back in 2015, as part of the planned global dollar dismantling. It's all planned and scripted years in advance.

Here's the thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-money-is-done

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Guess I'm not a 'fav' anymore. Oh, well.

Ron Paul himself, and Rand, BOTH believe in encouraging Trump in non-interventionism. Both have praised him for his latest moves.

Yet, on these forums, libertarian purists can't get a grip.

Negativity, negativity, negativity. ANYTHING Trump.

They want only to divide, just like the progressives.

So here we are, can't even be happy about POSITIVE transformations. Gotta bitch, bitch, bitch. Because anti-Trump is COOL, man. Just ask any progressive.

If the libertarian/anarchists want to align with progressives then they need to just go do it. Because they DON'T align with Constitutional conservatives.

Open borders ? Hurrah! Abortion? We believe in individual choice! The Constitution? An archaic piece of paper that doesn't matter anyway! Just throw it in the bin and start a new utopia based on individual want and desire.

No. $#@! a bunch of libertarian/anarchist dipshits.

Keep going down this forum path until you are an Army of one. The one that is the MOST pure. SMDH.
    +rep's on a cooldown apparently. But yeah, this. This place has completely outlived its usefulness as any rally point of grassroots activism and has become a place where people who spam the refresh button on the MSNBC home page can come and copy-paste propaganda here as soon as it drops. And to what end? To make Trump look bad? Is that the ultimate goal? Or is it to achieve as much liberty as possible, even when the hand you've been dealt isn't the one you wanted? I digress.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-21-2019 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    And to what end? To make Trump look bad?
    Remember 2010? Remember Obama supporters? Remember the claims that we would be out of Iraq soon? Remember the child-like faith that Solyndra was something more than a cash cow full of pork? Remember the cognitive dissonance when they were told that the mandatory medical insurance was unconstitutional, and would drive everyone's prices up?

Did you feel sorry for the people who were furiously working at fooling themselves, who were losing their last shred of hope that there was some actual difference between Obama and Dubya? Do you remember the hurt vitriol they spewed when someone told them plain, unvarnished truth? Did you have compassion when their hearts were breaking?

You should have. Welcome to the same boat. Sorry. I feel your pain.

Trump is making himself look bad. Those who have no eyes to see it resent those who do. But you knew all along that this place would long be home to people who refused to close their eyes.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell
    And so goes the two party partisan.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-21-2019 at 07:56 AM.

Here's what I'm seeing here: Some of us are being savagely excoriated merely for being skeptical of Trump and his intentions, and for not praising him effusively for saying he's going to do the right thing. The reasoning seems to be that if we don't effusively praise Trump for saying he's going to do the right thing he won't actually follow through. No doubt we skeptics would then be blamed for his failure.

This kind of thinking is odd coming from people who purport to espouse the concepts of individual liberty and personal responsibility for a number of reasons.

Firstly, we skeptics are not responsible for Trump's actions, Trump is. If he fails to follow through that's on him, not us. That's what personal responsibility means.

Second, from the perspective of securing and maintaining liberty, it's ALWAYS prudent to be skeptical of those in positions of power. Most of the time it's a necessary survival instinct. Ron Paul may have earned a certain amount of trust, but he did so because he spent DECADES DOING the right thing for the most part. Even then he's not perfect. Trump has been, at best, a mixed bag for a mere 3 years. For so-called liberty advocates to savagely excoriate their fellows for prudent skepticism is not only ludicrous, it's shameful.

Lastly, when I was growing up I was taught that doing the right thing was its own reward, and if there were to be any rewards at all for it, including praise, those rewards would come AFTER THE FACT, not before. Some here are demanding that Trump be rewarded beforehand. Strange coming from people who claim to advocate individual liberty and personal responsibility.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 10-21-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Here's what I'm seeing here: Some of us are being savagely excoriated merely for being skeptical of Trump and his intentions, and for not praising him effusively for saying he's going to do the right thing. The reasoning seems to be that if we don't effusively praise Trump for saying he's going to do the right thing he won't actually follow through. No doubt we skeptics would then be blamed for his failure.

This kind of thinking is odd coming from people who purport to espouse the concepts of individual liberty and personal responsibility for a number of reasons.

Firstly, we skeptics are not responsible for Trump's actions, Trump is. If he fails to follow through that's on him, not us. That's what personal responsibility means.

Second, from the perspective of securing and maintaining liberty, it's ALWAYS prudent to be skeptical of those in positions of power. Most of the time it's a necessary survival instinct. Ron Paul may have earned a certain amount of trust, but he did so because he spent DECADES DOING the right thing for the most part. Even then he's not perfect. Trump has been, at best, a mixed bag for a mere 3 years. For so-called liberty advocates to savagely excoriate their fellows for prudent skepticism is not only ludicrous, it's shameful.

Lastly, when I was growing up I was taught that doing the right thing was its own reward, and if there were to be any rewards at all for it, including praise, those rewards would come AFTER THE FACT, not before. Some here are demanding that Trump be rewarded beforehand. Strange coming from people who claim to advocate individual liberty and personal responsibility.
    I can somewhat see their point, Trump is driven by his ego. It makes sense to show support for statements of intentions that should be supported.

The problem is that if he doesn't follow through there aren't howls of betrayal in equal amounts by his supporters. He'll still be holding yuge rallies full of fawning er ......supporters.
    "The Patriarch"

Did you feel sorry for the people who were furiously working at fooling themselves, who were losing their last shred of hope that there was some actual difference between Obama and Dubya? Do you remember the hurt vitriol they spewed when someone told them plain, unvarnished truth? Did you have compassion when their hearts were breaking?

And so goes the two party partisan.
    Do I think Trump is the second coming of Christ? Am I like the welfare queen who thinks he's 'gonna take care of all dees kids'? Am I throwing a Nobel Peace prize at him just for winning an election?

No.

But I am looking for inroads, because I will settle for victories wherever I can find them, even the smallest ones. To see the MSM, liberals, neoconservatives, advisors, swamp creatures, MIC vultures, AND the libertarians come in and stomp it out every single time is getting kinda old.

You'd think after 4 decades that the libertarian party has been in existence and going for the 'all-or-nothing' approach, they'd realize they've been left with nothing every time.

So yeah. I want something. Sue me.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-21-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    You'd think after 4 decades that the libertarian party has been in existence that going for the all-or-nothing approach, they'd realize they've been left with nothing every time.
    Oh, I understand where you're coming from. But the fact us, so far he hasn't actually turned the ship far enough that anyone can say it's headed in the right direction.

A direction less wrong than before? After forty years, we can guarantee that the string of lesser evils has delivered us to an increasingly evil place. A less wrong direction isn't helping.

Want us to like Trump? Help us hold his feet to the fire.

What we are saying is, just another lesser evil does not an inroad make.

Not only do you ignore the insults and incivility hurled by one side but you put politeness ahead of truthfulness and liberty.

It reminds me of Romney.
    Honestly, in my years spent here I cant remember anybody who has the negative effect on a thread as you do. I have no idea why these guys even acknowledge your existence. Beyond a waste of time.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Oh, I understand where you're coming from. But the fact us, so far he hasn't actually turned the ship far enough that anyone can say it's headed in the right direction.

A direction less wrong than before? After forty years, we can guarantee that the string of lesser evils has delivered us to an increasingly evil place. A less wrong direction isn't helping.

Want us to like Trump? Help us hold his feet to the fire.

What we are saying is, just another lesser evil does not an inroad make.
    I'd be Trump's biggest cheerleader if he started talking about real issues and agendas. Start outing the entire media complex as propaganda outlets, not just ones critical of him. Push Congress to reinstate the Smith-Mundt Act. Talk about the NSA and the control grid being implemented. Start talking about Agenda 2030. Start exposing to the masses the real puppet masters pulling the strings. Stop lying, stop being on every side of every issue, stop being a giant reality show distraction.

But alas, my utopian puritan libertarian vision of a President that would use his microphone accordingly is indeed a pipe dream and, instead, we'll continue to receive more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Indulging his inner Rand Paul is nice, but it would be even greater if Trump indulged his inner Ron Paul. That would be quite a legendary moment.
    Trump: The Same People Who Want Us To Fight Endless Wars Want Us To Open Our Borders

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234