Thread: Rand Paul would run for President again?

Rand Paul would run for President again?

Rand Paul would run for President again? Wondering if anyone here has an inkling of Rand's ambitions for serving America as President.

He can do a lot of good even in an imperfect political system plagued by lobbies and globalist donors' monies.
    Not necessarily in the context of Trump impeachment inquiry recently launched.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not happening
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Not happening
    2024 if the ME shift in POTUS bears out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Not happening
    Probably so.
    But never say never in politics, some stunning developments lately that could be shifting sands in GOP controlled Senate also.

In closed-door Senate meet, McConnell gave PowerPoint presentation about impeachment process

ROMNEY DOWNLOADS ON TRUMP: MAY VOTE TO REMOVE!

Oct 28, 2019

At the end of the third inning, ballpark video screens carried a salute to U.S. service members that drew cheers throughout the stadium. When the video cut to Trump and his entourage and the loudspeakers announced the Trumps, cheers abruptly turned into a torrent of boos and heckling. Chants of "Lock him up!" broke out in some sections.
    Trump appeared unfazed and continued waving. Later, some fans behind home plate held a sign reading "VETERANS FOR IMPEACHMENT". Another banner appeared during the game: "IMPEACH TRUMP!"
    news.yahoo.com/trump-series-visit-comes-high-223943092.html

He's a patriot': Republicans defend key impeachment witness from attacks

Senior GOP lawmakers rejected the assault from conservative pundits on Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman.

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman told House impeachment investigators that he thought President Donald Trump undermined national security with his Ukraine pressure campaign.
    By BURGESS EVERETT and MELANIE ZANONA

10/29/2019

Republican leaders are stepping up to defend Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman against vicious attacks from President Donald Trump's allies.
    Republicans may quibble with the substance of Vindman’s testimony as they try to protect Trump from the fast-moving impeachment inquiry. But congressional GOP leaders say it’s out of bounds to question Vindman’s patriotism and allegiance to the United States, as some conservative pundits did on Monday night.

Several top Republicans on Tuesday made emphatic statements in support of Vindman, a National Security Council official who heard Trump’s phone call with the Ukrainian president and testified that it was improper for Trump to demand an investigation into Joe Biden and represented a threat to U.S. national security.

“That guy’s a Purple Heart. I think it would be a mistake to attack his credibility,” South Dakota Sen. John Thune, the No. 2 Senate Republican, said in an interview. “You can obviously take issue with the substance and there are different interpretations about all that stuff. But I wouldn’t go after him personally. He’s a patriot.”
    “I’m not going to question the patriotism of any of the people who come forward," said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), though he declined to comment "on the merit of what’s going forward" or Vindman's suggestion that he was concerned Trump's actions had undermined national security.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...vindman-061057

Would Rand Paul run for President again?

He'll probably run for president one more time in 2024 and never attempt it again.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    He'll probably run for president one more time in 2024 and never attempt it again.
    Unless he makes the VP slot in 2024, then he might try again after that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't think he'll even run for reelection to the Senate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Unless he makes the VP slot in 2024, then he might try again after that.
    Interesting tidbit. It may mean nothing. Two weeks ago at the Minneapolis Trump rally, the signs handed out to the audience said "Trump Pence 2020". At the recent Dallas and Tupelo rally's, the signs handed out to the audience only said "Trump 2020". Pence's name had basically been erased from the campaign signs. Very strange.

Youtube links of the rally's.

Tupelo

Dallas

Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Interesting tidbit. It may mean nothing. Two weeks ago at the Minneapolis Trump rally, the signs handed out to the audience said "Trump Pence 2020". At the recent Dallas and Tupelo rally's, the signs handed out to the audience only said "Trump 2020". Pence's name had basically been erased from the campaign signs. Very strange.

Youtube links of the rally's.

Tupelo

Dallas

Minneapolis

Good catch.

Trump can decide to change VPs anytime between now and the convention.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Good catch.

Trump can decide to change VPs anytime between now and the convention.
    I'm not sure how politically expedient it would be to switch Pence for Rand. Don't get me wrong, that would be amazing, but unless Trump thinks that would bring more votes (possibly because of the Paul name alone), then I'm not sure it's a move that makes any sense. The VP traditionally has one job (to break a tie in the Senate) in the Constitution (also important), but unless the Senate is heavily overtaken by Republicans, then Rand is quite powerful in the Senate. Even if they call it "grandstanding", the filibusters alone always garner national press.

I'll take him as VP in a heartbeat though. If Rand were VP, then impeachment wouldn't matter....

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRocksMyWorld View Post
    I'm not sure how politically expedient it would be to switch Pence for Rand. Don't get me wrong, that would be amazing, but unless Trump thinks that would bring more votes (possibly because of the Paul name alone), then I'm not sure it's a move that makes any sense. The VP traditionally has one job (to break a tie in the Senate) in the Constitution (also important), but unless the Senate is heavily overtaken by Republicans, then Rand is quite powerful in the Senate. Even if they call it "grandstanding", the filibusters alone always garner national press.

I'll take him as VP in a heartbeat though. If Rand were VP, then impeachment wouldn't matter....
    I'm not sure that Trump would pick Rand or that Rand would accept but I trust Rand to make the best decision if Trump makes the offer.

And I do think Trump might dump Pence for somebody.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't think he's running for President again. I just hope he runs for Senate again. It would be horrible to lose him there.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I don't think he's running for President again. I just hope he runs for Senate again. It would be horrible to lose him there.
    I hope he runs for POTUS again, libertarian campaigns are very educational for public even if lobbies money machine still has strong control over elections outcomes.

And I do think Trump might dump Pence for somebody.
    Doubt he would pick anti-interventionist Rand as VP, his Israeli globalist neocon top donor would never go with that.
    If he did dump Pence, more likely to pick another moderate Republican or may shock everybody with a bi-partisan ticket by picking a 'conservative' liberal like Cory Booker as VP who would be acceptable for top MAGA donors also.

Book: Trump inlaws Kushners funding behind Cory Booker, Kushner dad secretly met Booker

America-First: Trump's top funder Adelson wants his children to serve in Israeli military

Cory Booker likened Israeli military soldier to Nelson Mandela

Related

Just as Trump embraced woke culture, Obama turns against it

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    The Number of Democrats Showing Up at Trump Rallies Is Stunning

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...lies-stunning/

“Of the 16,432 voters who provided data, 27% were Democrats. “

“ The data also showed that 20% were black.”

There is a LANDSLIDE that will happen.