Thread: Rand Paul: Kurds are better off aligned with Assad

Rand Paul: Kurds are better off aligned with Assad

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) defended President Trump's decision to withdraw troops from Syria, saying that the Kurds would be better off aligned with Syrian leader Bashar Assad.

“The Kurds are going to better aligned with Assad because they frankly need a Syrian sponsor,” Paul, told Hill.TV during an interview that aired on Thursday.

Paul, seen as an outsider among Republicans on foreign policy, has been a staunch defender of Trump's decision to pullout from Syria.

Paul said the U.S. never intended to stay in Syria in the first place.

“We were never staying there — the president never promised to stay there, he said we’re going to wipe out ISIS, we did,” he said.

Trump’s decision to pull troops out of northern Syria earlier this month has garnered criticism from even his most loyal allies, including Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) who have both called the decision a mistake.

But Trump has stood by his decision, saying he was bringing U.S. troops home from endless wars.

"Lindsey Graham would like to stay in the Middle East for the next thousand years with thousands of soldiers and fighting other people's wars. I want to get out of the Middle East,” Trump said at a joint press conference with the Italian President Sergio Mattarella on Wednesday.

The House, meanwhile, overwhelming passed a resolution on Wednesday rebuking Trump’s decision and calling on Turkey to stop military action.
    https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/46...-with-al-assad

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pres Donald Trump moves to stop 'endless wars.' I stand with him. 10/16/19

Rand has really been busy!

President Donald Trump moves to stop 'endless wars.' I stand with him: Sen. Rand Paul
    Rand Paul, Opinion contributor - Published 7:05 p.m. ET Oct. 16, 2019 | Updated 8:13 p.m. ET Oct. 16, 2019

The Syrian civil war was a mess from the beginning. There's no clear U.S. interest and no need for U.S. troops: Opposing view

President Donald Trump campaigned on a very specific foreign policy. “America First” has its roots in the less-interventionist policies of our Founding Fathers.

Then-candidate Trump said often that the Iraq War was a mistake, and that we were in too many places for too long. Fast-forward to 2019, and the president is now moving forward to stop the “endless wars.” I stand with him.

The idea that our president would make this decision from this perspective is refreshing and long-awaited. Virtually every president in my lifetime has ended up in a new conflict or extending and expanding the old ones.

In particular, in the past 18 years, from Iraq to Libya to Syria, past presidents went into one bad misadventure after another.

The Syrian civil war was a mess from the beginning, with Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton supporting arms that went to Sunni extremists, which allowed the war to go on long enough that hundreds of thousands died and millions were displaced.

more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...tes/4003497002

Yes they are. This logic is unassailable.
    "The Patriarch"

"Lindsey Graham would like to stay in the Middle East for the next thousand years with thousands of soldiers and fighting other people's wars. I want to get out of the Middle East,” Trump said at a joint press conference with the Italian President Sergio Mattarella on Wednesday.
    HAHAHA! Beautiful. If this is the 2020 Trump campaign just wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

He's tweeting and retweeting Massie and Rand. This is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    He's tweeting and retweeting Massie and Rand. This is crazy.
    That's why the trolls and the deepstate are going nuts.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment