Thread: Paris zoo unveils the "blob", an organism with no brain but 720 sexes

Paris zoo unveils the "blob", an organism with no brain but 720 sexes

A Paris zoo showcased a mysterious new organism on Wednesday, dubbed the "blob", a yellowish unicellular small living being which looks like a fungus but acts like an animal.This newest exhibit of the Paris Zoological Park, which goes on display to the public on Saturday, has no mouth, no stomach, no eyes, yet it can detect food and digest it.
    The blob also has almost 720 sexes, can move without legs or wings and heals itself in two minutes if cut in half.
    "The blob is a living being which belongs to one of nature's mysteries", said Bruno David, director of the Paris Museum of Natural History, of which the Zoological Park is part.
    "It surprises us because it has no brain but is able to learn (...) and if you merge two blobs, the one that has learned will transmit its knowledge to the other," David added.
    The blob was named after a 1958 science-fiction horror B-movie, starring a young Steve McQueen, in which an alien life form - The Blob - consumes everything in its path in a small Pennsylvania town.
    "We know for sure it is not a plant but we don't really if it's an animal or a fungus," said David.
    "It behaves very surprisingly for something that looks like a mushroom (...) it has the behavior of an animal, it is able to learn."

https://news.yahoo.com/paris-zoo-unv...170502834.html

The Demoncrats' new mascot?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the comments..

"an organism with no brain but 720 sexes" They nicknamed it 'the millennial'
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    From the comments..

"an organism with no brain but 720 sexes" They nicknamed it 'the millennial'
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

What're the odds that the blob will have more rights than an unborn child...?

But will this creature do everything in its power to trample over our rights?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I have so many questions.

1) Is this a serious thing that real scientists are studying, or just some sideshow nonsense that a zoo is putting on display and making ridiculous unsubstantiated claims about?
    2) If the former, then why does this article not delve into it a bit deeper and report on what scientists are seriously studying it, and instead only talks about it being on display at a zoo?
    3) Where did it come from?
    4) How do they know it has 720 sexes? And what does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nope. I don't even think The Blob would hit that.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

LGBTQIAGNC

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Nope. I don't even think The Blob would hit that.

Hey being that UNattractive takes hard work.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

"It's unicellular...

And can move without legs or wings"

DUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Kill it with fire.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge