Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Requiem for a Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    As usual, a policy that's pure evil with quite literally no redeeming aspects, and which Trump could end with the stroke of a pen, legitimately, and you're once again praising him with faint criticism, at best.
    Trump can't end it with the stroke of a pen and stay alive and unimpeached.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump can't end it with the stroke of a pen and stay alive and unimpeached.

Spare me the fantasy melodrama. The way you Trump fanbois have set things up there is, quite literally, NOTHING, no matter how evil or depraved that Trump can do or fail to do that will result in any serious criticism by you. There is an excuse for everything.

Now, maintaining a $#@!ing "kill list" of people he claims the just authority to summarily execute, even American citizens at his whim, is forgivable because "The Devil made me do it."(Or not do it in the current instance.)

Whatever.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Spare me the fantasy melodrama. The way you Trump fanbois have set things up there is, quite literally, NOTHING, no matter how evil or depraved that Trump can do or fail to do that will result in any serious criticism by you. There is an excuse for everything.

Now, maintaining a $#@!ing "kill list" of people he claims the just authority to summarily execute, even American citizens at his whim, is forgivable because "The Devil made me do it."(Or not do it in the current instance.)

Whatever.
    Trump is improving things, if he stops improving things I will criticize him.
    I have also criticized him for some things already, the bumpstock ban being one example.

Trump is one man and not a dictator/god, he didn't get to have people loyal to him elected to a majority in Congress, he didn't even get to clean out and replace the entire executive branch.
    The swamp is very old and very large, it can't be drained completely overnight by one man, if he didn'y make deals and play factions against eachother he would get nothing done and be either impeached or assassinated.
    It is unlikely that Ron or Rand could have accomplished more or stayed in office as long.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is improving things, if he stops improving things I will criticize him.
    I have also criticized him for some things already, the bumpstock ban being one example.

I said "serious" criticism. Your criticism is almost always flaccid and unconvincing.

Trump is one man and not a dictator/god, he didn't get to have people loyal to him elected to a majority in Congress, he didn't even get to clean out and replace the entire executive branch.
    The swamp is very old and very large, it can't be drained completely overnight by one man, if he didn'y make deals and play factions against eachother he would get nothing done and be either impeached or assassinated.
    It is unlikely that Ron or Rand could have accomplished more or stayed in office as long.

And here we go again with the rationalizations and justifications. In other words, the excuses. Real life people are dying and you're all "Give him time." Sorry, if he can't stand the heat, he should have stayed out of the kitchen.

And once again with the fantasy melodrama.

Enjoy the circus. Some of us grew out of that $#@! decades ago.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I said "serious" criticism. Your criticism is almost always flaccid and unconvincing.

And here we go again with the rationalizations and justifications. In other words, the excuses. Real life people are dying and you're all "Give him time." Sorry, if he can't stand the heat, he should have stayed out of the kitchen.

And once again with the fantasy melodrama.

Enjoy the circus. Some of us grew out of that $#@! decades ago.
    You demand the impossible.
    No mortal man could do what you demand.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Donald Trump is secretly a minarchist constitutional conservative, and he wants to cut spending - he just can't without being assassinated.

Q told me this himself on 8chan before the site was shut down.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Donald Trump is secretly a minarchist constitutional conservative, and he wants to cut spending - he just can't without being assassinated.

Q told me this himself on 8chan before the site was shut down.
    Trump is what he is, he never claimed to be one of us but he is an improvement over his enemies in the status quo.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Exactly, if he didn't keep increasing spending to all-time highs, the swamp would realize that he's onto them and assassinate him.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Trump is what he is, he never claimed to be one of us but he is an improvement over his enemies in the status quo.
    For sure, he's a huge improvement. Federal spending is up 20% since Obama took office, but imagine if Hillary had won - it would be at least 25% or even 30%
    - Kim Kardashian

Abolishing a completely evil and unlawful "kill list" is impossible? Spare me. Just more useless excuses.
    Chris

Exactly, if he didn't keep increasing spending to all-time highs, the swamp would realize that he's onto them and assassinate him.
    For sure, he's a huge improvement. Federal spending is up 20% since Obama took office, but imagine if Hillary had won - it would be at least 25% or even 30%
    There are more important things than money.
    And we might end up being forced to default on the debt anyway.
    Nor does Trump have very much power over the budget, Congress can and would pass a swamp compromise over his veto.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like the 2nd amendment? Trump has been just awesome on that for sure
    - Kim Kardashian

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Abolishing a completely evil and unlawful "kill list" is impossible? Spare me. Just more useless excuses.
    The deepstate would simply refuse to comply with is order and then impeach him or assassinate him.
    You obviously have no conception of how bad things are or of how politics and intrigue work.
    Trump is just one man and only a mortal.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like the 2nd amendment? Trump has been just awesome on that for sure
    He beats Jacinda Ardern. (or any of the possible alternatives)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nor does Trump have very much power over the budget, Congress can and would pass a swamp compromise over his veto.
    I think we'll see Trump's true colors in his 2nd term. In this first term he's had to play their swamp games to ensure he gets re-elected, but in his 2nd term he's going to just flat out veto their $#@!ty bills. And probably will champion the 2A with EO's. And will probably disband at least 3 if not 4 whole three letter agencies, all while rolling back thousands of regulations.

It's going to be epic
    - Kim Kardashian

The deepstate would simply refuse to comply with is order and then impeach him or assassinate him.
    You obviously have no conception of how bad things are or of how politics and intrigue work.
    How do you know that Trump secretly wants to end the kill list? Does Q still talk to you? He stopped answering my texts
    - Kim Kardashian

How do you know that Trump secretly wants to end the kill list? Does Q still talk to you? He stopped answering my texts
    I never said he did for certain.
    My point is that we don't know and he couldn't at this point if he did want to.

Trump is only the first step in a LONG road to get to where we want and need to go, even if Q pays off and we see a major purge starting soon we will only still be just beginning at the end of Trump's second term.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I never said he did for certain.
    My point is that we don't know and he couldn't at this point if he did want to.
    Indeed. There's really no way to know. Certainly not by his words or by his actions.

I guess the only way to really know is to read the Art of the Deal and apply his lessons to the world he faces currently.
    - Kim Kardashian

Indeed. There's really no way to know. Certainly not by his words or by his actions.

I guess the only way to really know is to read the Art of the Deal and apply his lessons to the world he faces currently.
    You can only tell by his actions.
    But you can't tell by his lack of action at this point, if he is able to get more control then lack of action will become more indicative.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The deepstate would simply refuse to comply with is order

Very possibly. But at least the he'd have done the right thing, clearly and unambiguously, something which often you seem to have a strong aversion against demanding of him.

and then impeach him or assassinate him.

More fantasy melodrama.

And you obviously have no idea with whom you're dealing, what I may or may not know nor what I've experienced. Yet you arrogantly proclaim your own superior knowledge and wisdom. That can be a very grave mistake. However, you're young yet. You may grow out of it.

And we end with yet another excuse.
    Chris

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very possibly. But at least the he'd have done the right thing, clearly and unambiguously, something which often you seem to have a strong aversion against demanding of him.
    You prefer virtue signalling to getting done what can be done.

More fantasy melodrama.
    Tell it to JFK and Nixon.

And you obviously have no idea with whom you're dealing, what I may or may not know nor what I've experienced. Yet you arrogantly proclaim your own superior knowledge and wisdom. That can be a very grave mistake. However, you're young yet. You may grow out of it.
    You demonstrate your ignorance or misunderstanding every time you post.

And we end with yet another excuse.
    If that's what you want to call facts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tell it to JFK and Nixon.

You demonstrate your ignorance or misunderstanding every time you post.

If that's what you want to call facts.
    Chris

And we might end up being forced to default on the debt anyway.
    Well, I must admit, the only relevant job experience Trump brings to the position is defaulting on debt. It's one thing he's very good at.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, I must admit, the only relevant job experience Trump brings to the position is defaulting on debt. It's one thing he's very good at.
    And ribbon cutting, don't forget ribbon cutting.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Not to mention that the "There are more important things than money" argument is really just an old virtue signalling argument socialists trot out any time money becomes an issue. It's total horse$#@! when they do it and this instance is no exception.

Money and spending are literally the lifeblood that allows government to continue to grow, expand and become ever more intrusive. Without them that simply can't happen. Therefore these are definitely among the very most important extant issues. Period. Cut off the blood supply and the cancer withers and dies. Anyone implying otherwise is either profoundly ignorant or deliberately deceptive.

But don't dare suggest that Trump ought at least to put up a fight and veto egregious spending bills. You'll be told that the veto would just be overridden anyway, and accused of preferring to virtue signal rather than "get things done." Apparently, demanding that the guy who wields literal life or death power over hundreds of millions of people actually try to do the right thing with that power is unacceptable.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 11-04-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    And ribbon cutting, don't forget ribbon cutting.

I don't know man. Somebody could sabotage those big scissors leading to tragic consequences. Maybe he should just avoid ribbon cutting for the time being, until he gets the deep state under control.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 11-04-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    Chris

The deepstate would simply... assassinate him.
    And?

Hate to tell you, but as a fearless, ballsy Alpha swamp drainer Trump is a total bust. But he could still make a mighty fine martyr.

If the Deep State were ever to get that stupid, that would be a happy day.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It's interesting how this philosophy allows you to give Trump credit for things that you like while not faulting him for anything that you don't like.

When the government does something you agree with, why don't you thank the deep state instead of Trump?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he'd have done the right thing, clearly and unambiguously,
    Doing the right thing, clearly and unambiguously, was something that Ron was known for during his time in Congress. How many times was he the single "nay" vote on this or that bill? How many times did he stand up for or against something because it was the right thing to stand up for or against, even when he knew he'd be the ONLY one standing?

Was Ron "virtue signalling"?

You know, it's entirely possible to be so willing to compromise to "get done what can be done" that you end up compromising yourself out of distinction. And then you're nothing more than another swamp creature.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Doing the right thing, clearly and unambiguously, was something that Ron was known for during his time in Congress. How many times was he the single "nay" vote on this or that bill? How many times did he stand up for or against something because it was the right thing to stand up for or against, even when he knew he'd be the ONLY one standing?

Was Ron "virtue signalling"?

You know, it's entirely possible to be so willing to compromise to "get done what can be done" that you end up compromising yourself out of distinction. And then you're nothing more than another swamp creature.
    Ron didn't have the power to do much of anything other than take a stand for perfection, Trump is in a position to get more actual good done.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast