Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump says Turkish offensive in Syria is 'not our problem'

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The forum goes wild when a politician who after taking giant leaps in the wrong direction takes a tippy toe step in the right direction. Like I say all the time, nobody is bad ALL the time and nobody is wrong all the time. You wanna look at the overall pic before you people start celebrating this move. This is not the first time a politician has said or done something the neocons did not like, I can give you good examples of presidents saying and doing things that annoyed the neocon elites. Trump was very critiical against regime change operations and wars but has continued every single one of em started before him, he even tried his luck in Venezuela but has failed so far(so far as he has not given up yet). Talk is cheap, real change in policy on the other hand is very rare and expensive in Washington

Look for the latter not the former
    He promoted Rand's book then he retweeted Massie to his entire base.

He didn't have to do that. That is strictly what I am celebrating.

Look at the inroads this makes: https://old.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...reat_book_the/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    He promoted Rand's book then he retweeted Massie to his entire base.

He didn't have to do that. That is strictly what I am celebrating.

Look at the inroads this makes: https://old.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...reat_book_the/
    Touche, I think that is might of him to do so and on that one issue I agree with you. It's work celebrating. I hope it leads to something great.

President Trump declared Thursday "a great day for civilization" as Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced terms of a cease-fire agreement that would end violence between Turkey and Kurds in Syria, following a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Ankara.
    The deal is for a 120-hour cease-fire, during which time the Kurdish-led forces could pull back from the roughly 20-mile-wide safe zone on the Turkish-Syrian border. All Turkish military operations under the recent offensive known as Operation Peace Spring will pause during that time, and the operation itself will come to an end entirely upon the completion of the Kurdish withdrawal, under the terms of the deal.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pen...kish-president
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    President Trump declared Thursday "a great day for civilization" as Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced terms of a cease-fire agreement that would end violence between Turkey and Kurds in Syria, following a meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Ankara.
    The deal is for a 120-hour cease-fire, during which time the Kurdish-led forces could pull back from the roughly 20-mile-wide safe zone on the Turkish-Syrian border. All Turkish military operations under the recent offensive known as Operation Peace Spring will pause during that time, and the operation itself will come to an end entirely upon the completion of the Kurdish withdrawal, under the terms of the deal.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pen...kish-president
    Over-selling things as usual. It is only a temporary cease-fire. Civilization has not been saved.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50091305

All fighting will be paused for five days, and the US will help facilitate an "orderly withdrawal" of Kurdish-led troops from what Turkey terms a "safe zone" on the border, Mr Pence said.
    Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu told journalists the offensive would only be permanently halted when the SDF had left the border zone.

"We are suspending the operation, not halting it," he said. "We will halt the operation only after [Kurdish forces] completely withdraw from the region."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-17-2019 at 03:03 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Over-selling things as usual. It is only a temporary cease-fire. Civilization has not been saved.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50091305
    READ before commenting:

and the operation itself will come to an end entirely upon the completion of the Kurdish withdrawal, under the terms of the deal.
    Assad and the Russians are also putting themselves between the Turks and the Kurds so that will put an end to it too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Neocons & MIC cronies' heads are exploding over this, I'm sure.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Wow. Last night Trump spent a significant amount of time talking about ending endless wars at his rally. Some people started chanting bring them home. Non interventionism is really putting America First, winning policy if he adopts it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wow. Last night Trump spent a significant amount of time talking about ending endless wars at his rally. Some people started chanting bring them home. Non interventionism is really putting America First, winning policy if he adopts it.
    "We will be out of Syria in 30 days". Trump- December, 2018.

"Lock her up! Lock her up!" he also got people to chant at rallies. Did he lock her up? He says lots of things at rallies he never really does.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Trump went the extra mile to deal with the attacks against him for "abandoning our allies", being a peacemaker isn't bad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Thank you for the bump!

Trump is the best President of our lifetime. God bless him! I hope and pray he is President for the next 12 years.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Watch for a false flag. Everytime he makes a move toward peace, either violence occurs out of nowhere or the media whips up a fury over something that might happen.

This does not look like Lavon Affair type development to stop US exit from mideast. But it was never confirmed apparently who was behind attack on Saudi oil installations protected by advanced Patriot technology.

Major Blaze At Iran Oil Refinery Raises Suspicions Of Saudi Revenge Attack

US troops leaving Syria will go to Iraq, says Pentagon chief
    4 hours ago
    Media captionUS troops pass through Tal Tamer before a convoy of ambulances arrives from Ras al-Ain All US troops withdrawing from northern Syria are expected to be relocated to western Iraq, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper confirmed.
    Mr Esper told reporters that, under current plans, about 1,000 soldiers would be redeployed to help stop the resurgence of Islamic State (IS).
    President Donald Trump has previously pledged to bring US troops home.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123