Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump says Turkish offensive in Syria is 'not our problem'

"If Turkey goes into Syria, it is between Turkey and Syria. It’s not our problem,”
    "We marched right in...we can march right out."

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Seriously. I'm beginning to become embarrassed to call myself a libertarian. How hard is it for some of you to just acknowledge the good deeds? 4 years ago you naysayers would have killed for a POTUS to say this.
    Saying is different from doing. Remember when Obama refused to bomb Syria after the fake chemical attack? The right and left attacked him for not going through with it. Nobody celebrated this when it happened because most people here then as they should now knew that he was still carrying on with the neocon agenda.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ... then why is he sanctioning them?
    The deep state made him.do it

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Saying is different from doing. Remember when Obama refused to bomb Syria after the fake chemical attack? The right and left attacked him for not going through with it. Nobody celebrated this when it happened because most people here then as they should now knew that he was still carrying on with the neocon agenda.
    Trump is changing the agenda, O'Bummer never did.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Saying is different from doing.

We're almost certainly now not in a war that we otherwise would have been in had almost any other candidate won.

Trump did do something. He moved troops out of the way of an incoming invasion that wasn't going to be stopped by 50 guys. He took the powder keg away from the neocons and military industrial complex who wanted a US soldier killed in the crossfire so that we'd hop into another war.

He's publicly putting the military industrial complex on notice everywhere he goes right now.

It's truly sick. Some of you would probably rather he hadn't and that we had gone to war, just so you can come on this forum and post about how horrible he is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ... then why is he sanctioning them?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We're almost certainly now not in a war that we otherwise would have been in had almost any other candidate won.

Trump did do something. He moved troops out of the way of an incoming invasion that wasn't going to be stopped by 50 guys. He took the powder keg away from the neocons and military industrial complex who wanted a US soldier killed in the crossfire so that we'd hop into another war.

He's publicly putting the military industrial complex on notice everywhere he goes right now.

It's truly sick. Some of you would probably rather he hadn't and that we had gone to war, just so you can come on this forum and post about how horrible he is.
    Their America hate addiction is turning into withdrawals and he is just getting started.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    The House measure condemning Trump's decision to withdraw U.S. military from northern Syria passed 354-60

Look at all the warmongers in the swamp
    That's alarming. 354 sell outs who know FULL WELL we don't need to be in Syria.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    In his press conference he also mentioned the many companies that make a lot of money on war.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

He said that Lindsey Graham would want us to stay in the middle east for the next thousand years.

And now Nancy and Schumer are on TV pressing for more war.

Incredible.
    Is it the one with the Italian President??
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Doesn't surprise me one little bit. $#@!ing ghouls.
    "The Patriarch"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Doesn't surprise me one little bit. $#@!ing ghouls.
    Amash abstained:

Litmus Test: Who Supports The MIC/Neoconservative Agenda?

Does he just hate Trump that much? or is he like Gabbard, a phony who doesn't really support bringing the troops home if it might actually happen?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Amash abstained:

Litmus Test: Who Supports The MIC/Neoconservative Agenda?

Does he just hate Trump that much? or is he like Gabbard, a phony who doesn't really support bringing the troops home if it might actually happen?
    He's stuck on the island of misfit toys?

From his Twitter today
    The only alternatives in Syria are not perpetual U.S. presence or the current disaster. Our troops should have come home long ago. The disaster resulted from President Trump’s egotistical, transactional approach. He put the U.S. in a position of weakness by ignoring consequences.

Today’s joint resolution presented precisely the false choice above. That’s why I voted present. Americans don’t want perpetual war, and Congress should vote on war if they believe in it. Nonetheless, we need much better leadership in the White House. President Trump is reckless.
    Last edited by tfurrh; 10-16-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Yes, he moved the troops out of the way but the underlying occupation and intervention is still there. There is no evidence that one solitary troop came home. How can anyone even celebrate this move? Obama also DID not attack Syrian when the neocons were pushing to. One can say that Obama also did something or in the case not do something the neocons were calling for. I did not celebrate that move and I will not be celebrating this one.

I was to see real change, I want to see those boys coming home. Not going to Saudi Arabia, not going South of their position in Syria, not Qatar etc etc, I want to see at least one soldier come home and not get replaced. This is what I would rather see happen

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    It is nice having a president that rejects the Obama/Bush/Bolton/CNN/NBC/etc foreign policy fraud.
    +rep

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

"I see the incredible soldiers coming home, to Dover. Coming home in a coffin. On areas we have nothing to do with. We have nothing to do with and it's heartbreaking. I sign letters all the time to parents whose son was shot in different places in the middle east mostly. It's very heartbreaking to see...

And it's through strength not weakness....much harder to do what I'm doing. I could be like all of these others..'oh, just leave them there, leave them there'. Nah, I can't do it. Much easier, probably better politically for me to say we'll leave a lot of people there and we'll fight.... They don't even know what they're fighting for.

It's much more difficult politically, it's not politically expedient. It's just the opposite, and I even have people on my side, They want to fight. I say 'why are we fighting?' 'I don't know'. They don't know. They don't even know. So you have Syria and you have Turkey and they're going to argue it out, maybe they're going to fight it out, but our men aren't going to get killed over it."
    Last edited by PursuePeace; 10-16-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Is it the one with the Italian President??
    Ok, yes it is. While I don't agree 100% ( I don't care for him farming out troops out to the Saudi's) I'm at 31 minutes in and feel like slamming the desk and shouting yes!!! yes!!!!
    "The Patriarch"

He's stuck on the island of misfit toys?

From his Twitter today
    The same nonsense that Gabbard spews: "We should bring the troops home but it's never the right time to do so"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, he moved the troops out of the way but the underlying occupation and intervention is still there. There is no evidence that one solitary troop came home. How can anyone even celebrate this move? Obama also DID not attack Syrian when the neocons were pushing to. One can say that Obama also did something or in the case not do something the neocons were calling for. I did not celebrate that move and I will not be celebrating this one.

I was to see real change, I want to see those boys coming home. Not going to Saudi Arabia, not going South of their position in Syria, not Qatar etc etc, I want to see at least one soldier come home and not get replaced. This is what I would rather see happen
    And if you can't have full perfection immediately you'd rather have a war with Turkey.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Goes to show how many blackmailed, corrupt creatures live in the swamp which Trump has to contend with.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

I was surprised that 60 voted against it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Goes to show how many blackmailed, corrupt creatures live in the swamp which Trump has to contend with.
    And that he can't just do everything all at once, he'd be impeached and convicted in record time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Watched the whole thing. If I was going to grade it it would be a solid A. It would be a A+ except for renting our troops to the Saudi's. Everyone here knows I'm not a Trump cheerleader but this came from a sitting President, not someone on the campaign trail. I'm blown away.

Trump is changing the agenda, O'Bummer never did.
    Yep, exactly.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, please, take your time to find a Chaturbate pundit who can give you an answer.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Watched the whole thing. If I was going to grade it it would be a solid A. It would be a A+ except for renting our troops to the Saudi's.

Everyone here knows I'm not a Trump cheerleader but this came from a sitting President, not someone on the campaign trail. I'm blown away.
    Exactly.

+rep.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

"How can anyone even celebrate this move? "

Anytime we abandon military bases in another foreign Country it's time to celebrate. Couple that with the fact that Trump is openly talking to the American people about endless ME wars & all the $$$ it wastes... + the fact that Rand Paul & Dr.Paul are obviously happy about this move & supporting him.

There is so much more fight left to get remaining troops out of Syria... & then Iraq, Afghanistan etc...

But Trump needs to fully be supported here.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post

But Trump needs to fully be supported here.
    Never-Trumpers and Orange Man Bad! sycophants cannot bring themselves to do it.

Here we have a sitting president that has changed the national discussion on foreign military involvement. I can read it on social media and in the comments of sNez articles. People are saying "Ya know what? Why the hell ARE we still over there?"

And that's a good thing. Anyone that doesn't think so can eat a bag of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Donald J. Trump Retweeted
    This is awesome.

His tweet of Rand's book is huge too.

https://old.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...reat_book_the/

The forum goes wild when a politician who after taking giant leaps in the wrong direction takes a tippy toe step in the right direction. Like I say all the time, nobody is bad ALL the time and nobody is wrong all the time. You wanna look at the overall pic before you people start celebrating this move. This is not the first time a politician has said or done something the neocons did not like, I can give you good examples of presidents saying and doing things that annoyed the neocon elites. Trump was very critiical against regime change operations and wars but has continued every single one of em started before him, he even tried his luck in Venezuela but has failed so far(so far as he has not given up yet). Talk is cheap, real change in policy on the other hand is very rare and expensive in Washington

Look for the latter not the former

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast