Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Washington is Wrong Once Again – Kurds Join Assad to Defend Syria

  1. #1

    Washington is Wrong Once Again – Kurds Join Assad to Defend Syria

    Written by Ron Paul




    When President Trump Tweeted last week that “it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous endless wars,” adding that the US would be withdrawing from Syria, Washington went into a panic. Suddenly Republicans, Democrats, the media, the think tanks, and the war industry all discovered and quickly became experts on “the Kurds,” who we were told were an “ally” being sent to their slaughter by an ignorant President Trump.

    But it was all just another bipartisan ploy to keep the “forever war” gravy train rolling through the Beltway.

    Interventionists will do anything to prevent US troops from ever coming home, and their favorite tactic is promoting “mission creep.” As President Trump Tweeted, we were told in 2014 by President Obama that the US military would go into Syria for just 30 days to save the Yazidi minority that they claimed were threatened. Then that mission crept into “we must fight ISIS” and so the US military continued to illegally occupy and bomb Syria for five more years.

    Even though it was the Syrian army with its Russian and Iranian allies that did the bulk of the fighting against al-Qaeda and ISIS in Syria, President Trump took credit and called for the troops to come home. But when the military comes home, the military-industrial-Congressional-media complex loses its cash cow, so a new rationale had to be invented.

    The latest “mission creep” was that we had to stay in Syria to save our “allies” the Kurds. All of a sudden our military presence in Syria was not about fighting terrorism but rather about putting US troops between our NATO ally Turkey and our proxy fighting force, the Kurds. Do they really want us to believe that it is “pro-American” for our troops to fight and die refereeing a long-standing dispute between the Turks and Kurds?

    It was a colossally dumb idea to train and arm the Kurds in Syria in the first place, but after spending billions backing what turned out to be al-Qaeda affiliates in Syria to overthrow the Assad government, Washington found that the Kurds were the only willing boots remaining on the ground. While their interest in fighting ISIS was limited, they were happy to use Washington’s muscle in pursuit of their long-term goal of carving out a part of Syria (and eventually Turkey) for themselves.

    We can never leave because there will be a slaughter, Washington claimed (and the media faithfully repeated). But once again, the politicians, the mainstream media, and the Beltway “experts” have been proven wrong. They never understand that sending US troops into another country without the proper authority is not a stabilizing factor, but a de-stabilizing factor. I have argued that were the US to leave Syria (and the rest of the Middle East) the countries of the region would find a way to solve their own problems.

    Now that the US is pulling back from northern Syria, that is just what is happening.

    On Sunday the Kurds and the Syrian government signed an agreement, brokered by the Russians, to put aside their differences and join together to defend against Turkey’s incursion into Syrian territory.

    Now “our Kurdish allies” are fighting alongside the army of Syrian President Assad – who we are still told by US officials “must go.” Washington doesn’t understand that our intervention only makes matters worse. The best way to help the Kurds and everyone else in the region is to just come home.

    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...-defend-syria/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cleaner44's Avatar


    Blog Entries
    4
    Posts
    8,314
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Well done Trump! It isn't exactly Ron Paul's foreign policy, but it is much better than the typical; Republicrat foreign policy.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

    I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

  4. #3
    So Trump pulls the limited amount of Spec. Ops. "advisers" from the contested field.
    The Kurds, some say allies, I say opportunists, immediately seek to work with Syria (thus proving they are opportunists).
    Syria gains an opportunistic ally against Ottoman aggression.
    Turkey plays at war.
    The Russians move into the void left by U.S. troops.
    Trump holds the 'red' economic sanction playing card up threatening Turkey unless peace can be brokered.
    Erdogan is meeting with Pence to broker peace in the region.

    Is that about right? Because, if it is, it seems to me to be a win/win.

  5. #4
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  6. #5
    I find Democrat hypocrisy droll. "NO MORE WAR!" for decades. All of a sudden they all begin fellating gun barrels just because Trump did that for which they'd been calling these past 30 years, but had not the courage or decency top make happen.

    If prior to this I'd predicted it, the "left" would have called for a rubber room for me. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't need one, mind you, but not for that reason.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I find Democrat hypocrisy droll. "NO MORE WAR!" for decades. All of a sudden they all begin fellating gun barrels just because Trump did that for which they'd been calling these past 30 years, but had not the courage or decency top make happen.

    If prior to this I'd predicted it, the "left" would have called for a rubber room for me. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't need one, mind you, but not for that reason.
    It's a strange phenomenon, isn't it? And still they claim roots back to the anti-Vietnam movement.

    But what the media hides is the fact that this is quietly dividing the Democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It's a strange phenomenon, isn't it?
    Humans are strange beings.

    And still they claim roots back to the anti-Vietnam movement.
    For one thing, that isn't perforce anything to boast about. For another, I can claim to be Jesus the Christ... doesn't make me Jesus the Christ. Talk is cheap.

    But what the media hides is the fact that this is quietly dividing the Democrats.
    That's pure strategy, of course. Never let them see the cracks. Bad for business.

    I still cannot tell how much of what we see is theater v. "organic". But if enough is real, so to speak, then I can but wonder whether the Democrat party is long for this world.

    It appears to my suspicious eyes that we must be coming very close to some event intended as the coup de grace for America. The divisions here are deeper than at any time I can imagine, save perhaps ca. 1860, and een that is not certain to me. It seems clear that Theye are champing at the bit to see the feces fly so that they can make the final move to seal our collective fate. What might that move be, mewonders?

    The room is lousy with rumors of some 100K Chinese troops holed up in the mountains in Mexico. It seems ridiculous, but who can say in this time of romping insanity? I have been told that there are "reasonable" speculations that there are upward of 1 MILLION-plus foreign troops on US soil as I type these words. That seems non-credible to me, but again I am loathe to dismiss anything out of hand.

    It seems impossible to know what to think these days. People are going slowly insane by introduced increments and the technologies are such that there is precious little in the ways of possibilities that can be rejected as implausible, particularly given the morally bereft condition of the meaner.

    The feces seem to be approaching nostril-level. One can only wonder what we, the American people, will do when the fight or lay down decision can no longer be avoided.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It's a strange phenomenon, isn't it? And still they claim roots back to the anti-Vietnam movement.

    But what the media hides is the fact that this is quietly dividing the Democrats.
    So some Trump 3d chess, intentional or not (most likely not), is working wonders?

    If only an independent could to up to the plate in 2020. Who knows?



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I have been told that there are "reasonable" speculations that there are upward of 1 MILLION-plus foreign troops on US soil as I type these words. That seems non-credible to me, but again I am loathe to dismiss anything out of hand.
    Someone should let them know they are gonna need more. Much more.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    So some Trump 3d chess, intentional or not (most likely not), is working wonders?
    What? The MSM media brainwashing progs to believe these wars are for the middle east's own good is all Donald Trump's idea?

    Wait. I thought Trump and the MSM were supposed to be on different teams...

    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Humans are strange beings.
    Aren't they? Progs are so arrogant they can villify today's white people because seventeenth century colonialism was bad, yet believe their government is helping modern Arabs by bombing the $#@! out of them.

    Amazing.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-23-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What? The MSM media brainwashing progs to believe these wars are for the middle east's own good is all Donald Trump's idea?

    Wait. I thought Trump and the MSM were supposed to be on different teams...
    And still you cannot see the division created, YOUR the one that mentioned it, you cannot see all the airtime Rand got, you cannot see Lindsey Graham having to back track, you see nothing. You don't see GOP'ers reconsidering M.E. intervention because of Trump (I do, wow, GOP'ers agreeing with me about being a "world's policeman" on social media, well, I'll be damned).
    $#@!, dude, I don't know what to tell you.
    Keep on keeping on.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I find Democrat hypocrisy droll. "NO MORE WAR!" for decades. All of a sudden they all begin fellating gun barrels just because Trump did that for which they'd been calling these past 30 years, but had not the courage or decency top make happen.

    If prior to this I'd predicted it, the "left" would have called for a rubber room for me. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't need one, mind you, but not for that reason.
    Hypocrisy? Not this time. Occupation doesn't necessarily mean war. The democrats have never in my life shown that they are against occupation. Their argument is that having an outpost in northern Syria would prevent the Turks from invading and in turn protect the Kurds.

    We have soldiers in Germany, Korea, Japan and nobody would argue that having them there is tantamount to promoting wars. Trump on the other hand not only says that he wants to end wars but he also says that he wants to bring them home and he is definitely not doing that.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And still you cannot see the division created, YOUR the one that mentioned it, you cannot see all the airtime Rand got, you cannot see Lindsey Graham having to back track, you see nothing. You don't see GOP'ers reconsidering M.E. intervention because of Trump (I do, wow, GOP'ers agreeing with me about being a "world's policeman" on social media, well, I'll be damned).
    $#@!, dude, I don't know what to tell you.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Don't blame yourself. You tried to spoon feed me the way you were spoon fed. I just don't have the taste for baby food that you do.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-23-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Don't blame me. You tried to spoon feed me the way you were spoon fed. I just don't have the taste for baby food that you do.
    Christ, you're dense.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Christ, you're dense.
    Better dense than gullible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Better dense than gullible.
    Gullible about WHAT exactly?



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Hypocrisy? Not this time. Occupation doesn't necessarily mean war. The democrats have never in my life shown that they are against occupation. Their argument is that having an outpost in northern Syria would prevent the Turks from invading and in turn protect the Kurds.
    Methinks you're giving Democrats far too much credit for humanity, when in fact they have little.

    Their whinging is purely Trump-driven. If Trump signed socialism into Law, they'd suddenly hate it. That is how small those people are, to my eyes.

    We have soldiers in Germany, Korea, Japan and nobody would argue that having them there is tantamount to promoting wars.
    Nobody? That's an awful lot of nothing.

    Trump on the other hand not only says that he wants to end wars but he also says that he wants to bring them home and he is definitely not doing that.
    Trump will get slapped no matter what he does.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Someone should let them know they are gonna need more. Much more.
    Unless Theye break out the nukes. I put nothing past Themme.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.


  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Methinks you're giving Democrats far too much credit for humanity, when in fact they have little.

    Their whinging is purely Trump-driven. If Trump signed socialism into Law, they'd suddenly hate it. That is how small those people are, to my eyes.



    Nobody? That's an awful lot of nothing.



    Trump will get slapped no matter what he does.
    This

    So if hes going to get slapped for doing anything, then why doesn't he just go ahead and do the right thing. Its not like they will ever stop the impeachment procedure or all the other harassment they are doing to him. But he will still drag his feet on doing the right thing.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This

    So if hes going to get slapped for doing anything, then why doesn't he just go ahead and do the right thing. Its not like they will ever stop the impeachment procedure or all the other harassment they are doing to him. But he will still drag his feet on doing the right thing.
    He will not be removed from office no matter what he does and if he is removed from office then everything he has done will be reversed and everything he wants to do will not happen.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #21
    U.S.-ALLY KURDS THANK DONALD TRUMP FOR ENDING TURKEY'S ATTACK, NOW PRESIDENT SAYS 'SOMEONE ELSE' MUST DEAL WITH SYRIA

    https://www.newsweek.com/kurds-thank...-syria-1467302
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This

    So if hes going to get slapped for doing anything, then why doesn't he just go ahead and do the right thing. Its not like they will ever stop the impeachment procedure or all the other harassment they are doing to him. But he will still drag his feet on doing the right thing.
    A close friend speculates that Trump has an overdeveloped sense of fair play. I cannot agree, though I accept it as a possibility.

    This is why I do not trust Trump even though he has done quite the laundry list of seemingly good-ish things. He should have gone for the kill on the likes of Clinton and her ilk by now, as well as those in his own camp. Then there are the seemingly idiotic cabinet appointments, and the list goes on of things that leave a thinking man going "HMMMMM..." Can you spell "bumpstock"?

    I would like to be able to trust him, but cannot quite find it in my heart.

    Hopefully I am not long for this idiotic world. Therefore, I care far less than I did, say, five years ago about what happens. It is clear to me that the likelihood of things becoming substantially better is low. I have lived a lifetime under the ever growing cancer that is the boilerplate of human tyranny, and I find myself finally bored with the vast menu of human corruptions. Truth be told, I've been bored with the meaner for decades. Dull, colorless, fully non-self possessing; what could be more painful than the infestation of average men when the mean is of such low inspiration?

    We in American have been dallying at the nexus for at least a decade, showing no sign of stepping up. Rather, it is the entropic likes of antifa who shall inherit the earth. Truly the Bible had at least that one bullseyed, for humans come no meeker than that.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    "It’s just interesting to note how constant government oppression can kill people’s fighting spirit." - Withur We




    Pray for reset.




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-08-2019, 07:25 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-12-2018, 10:41 AM
  3. Why Does The U.S. Like Iraq's Kurds But Not Syria's?
    By orenbus in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 11:13 AM
  4. Syria’s Kurds prepare for life after Assad, Look at the Flag
    By AngryCanadian in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 03:29 PM
  5. Syria’s Kurds prepare for life after Assad, Look at the Flag
    By AngryCanadian in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 02:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •