Thread: Caravan 10/12/19 So. Mexico

Caravan 10/12/19 So. Mexico

https://www.yahoo.com/news/caravan-2...190038904.html

TAPACHULA, Mexico (AP) — Mexican officials broke up a caravan of around 2,000 migrants that had set out from southern Mexico Saturday in the hopes of reaching the United States, amid increasing difficulty obtaining permission to pass through Mexico.
    Many of the migrants who departed from Tapachula, Chiapas early in the morning had been held up in this city just north of Guatemala for weeks or months, awaiting residency or transit papers from Mexican authorities. The migrants are originally from Central America, Africa and the Caribbean.
    They left their home countries sometimes because of violence, or simply in search of a better life.
    "I want to pass through Mexico, I don't want to live here," said Amado Ramirez, a migrant from Honduras who said he had been living on the streets of Tapachula with his young children and wife, hoping for a transit visa from Mexican officials. "We're at a standstill."

Hundreds of African migrants, in particular, have been stuck for months in Tapachula, where they say immigration authorities have stalled on giving them residency or transit papers. Almost all of them want to seek asylum in the United States, rather than stay in Mexico.
    The migrants have engaged in scuffles with police at the Tapachula immigration offices in recent weeks. Mexico says they can stay in southern Mexico, or leave by the southern border, but the migrants want documents that will allow them to reach the northern border.
    Mexico frequently repatriates, by plane, migrants from countries such as Cuba and Honduras.
    However, deportations are more difficult for migrants from faraway countries in Africa, some of which lack the infrastructure to handle repatriations.
    Maureen Meyer, director for Mexico and migrant rights at the Washington Office on Latin America, said that enforcement around Tapachula has made it very difficult for migrants to head north undetected. Hence the decision to strike out en masse Saturday.
    "What you had were thousands of people that were feeling very much trapped in Tapachula," she said.
    Under pressure from the U.S., Mexico has practically stopped issuing visas for migrants to pass through the country. Migrants marooned in Tapachula faced the option of turning back across Mexico's southern border, trekking north clandestinely or applying for asylum in Mexico - a country that many feel is unsafe or unattractive because of language and cultural differences.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump's pressure on Mexico is really paying off.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump's pressure on Mexico is really paying off.
    He should have problary let them in Nancy Pelosi little community seeing she loves diversity as much.

Good thing they prevented that caravan from reaching the border. Who knows what would have happened if everyone in that bus got into the country. A good number of them were most likely criminals.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge