Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Veritas: CNN

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Agreed. It was an 11 minute video. Do we really need an intro when you are going to talk about it again in a few minutes? Guess they were just padding it to stretch out the length. I did enjoy the part about Biden rallies though.
    "hundreds of hours of secretly videotaped..."
    Plays same clip 4 times in one 11 minute video.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Click bait BS. PV sold out for the Trump payola a while back, just like Mark Dice, Ben Garrison, AJ and others. Influencers always get co-opted eventually.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Click bait BS. PV sold out for the Trump payola a while back, just like Mark Dice, Ben Garrison, AJ and others. Influencers always get co-opted eventually.
    He's bringing a little each day. Maybe there was stuff he wanted to wait on for after the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Wait a minute - Hannity said he had "libertarian roots"?
    UGH! What a phony sack of sht!

I'm just waiting for the day that someone (maybe Rand?) gets to tell fake-news Fox (and the RNC) that we haven't forgotten what they did to Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012!

[EDIT: So it was the undercover guy who said this, not Hannity - although I know Hannity has made claims about being libertarian at other times. Sorry, I didn't watch it - I just can't take listening to Hannity talk for more then 1 or 2 sentences.]
    Hannity has no libertarian roots whatsoever. If he did, he wouldn't have backed everything Republican nominee in his entire career.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Veritas has a record of very selectively editing conversations to mislead the viewer into believing thing are different from what was actually said. Very unreliable source on anything but good for propaganda purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Veritas has a record of very selectively editing conversations to mislead the viewer into believing thing are different from what was actually said. Very unreliable source on anything but good for propaganda purposes.
    According to Snopes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah, because the Trump reality show is the only thing bringing in viewers. CNN's ratings were abysmal until Trump's election. They're still bad but Trump is the only thing keeping that station above water. Trump and Zucker have a long, friendly relationship.
    Isn't Trump part of the reason why Zucker became the CEO of NBC in the first place?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Heard the latest segment says that CNN has it in for Tulsi Gabbard. Not that it's a surprise to some people. Interesting to hear it is confirmed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Isn't Trump part of the reason why Zucker became the CEO of NBC in the first place?
    Yeah, their symbiotic relationship is well documented.

https://etd.library.emory.edu/concer...9934?locale=es

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...97f_story.html

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...icle-1.2950683

https://www.newyorker.com/podcast/th...who-made-trump

FWIW, it's claimed that Zucker has this cartoon framed in his office, dunno if true:

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Part 2:

Nothing burger. Guys talking about their personal opinions. A little substance there when the one guy points out that Tulsi Gabbard is hated purely for her foreign policy position.

They could have a story there about how inappropriate it is for a completely biased and manipulative organization like CNN to have anything to do with a debate, but the focus is basically gossip about who Zucker might like and dislike.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Translation;

''I have absolutely no idea nor ounce of exhibit/proof to back up my claims , yet
    you should believe my anecdotal musings, I phrase my proclamations to sound
    convincing...''

So you are saying that Project Veritas is just like ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and MSNBC? Fair enough.

Part 3:

Not as good as part 1 but better than part 2. Apparently these videos have lead to Trump bringing a lawsuit against CNN. I wish him the best of luck.

Trump campaign to sue CNN over pro-impeachment bias, demands ‘substantial payment’
    by Paul Bedard
    | October 18, 2019 11:59 AM

Print this article

Outraged by secretly-taped anti-Trump comments attributed to CNN President Jeff Zucker and others at the cable network, President Trump’s campaign is vowing to sue the company for “a substantial payment of damages.”

In a four-page letter to CNN, Zucker, and Executive Vice President David Vigilante, Trump attorney Charles J. Harder cited years of anti-Trump bias at the network and claimed the cable giant has broken its promise of “excellence in journalism.”

Listing several examples from the just-released Project Veritas videotapes of CNN insiders describing Zucker’s demand for “impeachment above all else,” Harder wrote that they “are merely the tip of the iceberg of the evidence my clients have accumulated over recent years.”

He added, “Never in the history of this country has a President been the subject of such a sustained barrage of unfair, unfounded, unethical and unlawful attacks by so-called 'mainstream' news, as the current situation.”

Harder represents both Trump and the campaign. The letter was provided exclusively to Secrets and is shown in full below.

CNN had no immediate comment.

While media is typically protected by the First Amendment, Harder said the bias he cited at CNN was a violation of the Lanham Act “by constituting misrepresentations to the public, to your advertisers, and to others” to distribute “truly fair and balanced” news.

“Accordingly, my clients intend to file legal action against you, to seek compensatory damages, treble damages, punitive damages, injunctive relief, reimbursement of legal costs, and all other available legal and equitable remedies, to the maximum extent permitted by law,” said the letter.

What’s more, he suggested that even if the campaign and CNN come to an agreement, he would seek money as part of that deal.

“Please contact the undersigned to discuss an appropriate resolution of this matter, which would include a substantial payment of damages, as well as all other appropriate measures that are necessary to fully address the magnitude of the situation,” wrote Harder in the letter sent by overnight mail and email on Wednesday.

Trump has long been at war with CNN and other media he dubs “fake news.” CNN’s White House reporter, Jim Acosta, and Trump have tussled publicly, and Acosta wrote a book sharply critical of the president titled The Enemy of the People.

In three new, secretly-taped videos, Project Veritas said they show CNN insiders detailing Zucker’s anti-Trump views.

Those comments, wrote Harder, show that CNN is violating journalism ethics.

“Recently released video footage of individuals alleged to be your employees indicates that your reporting relating to President Trump is contrary to your own mission and the aforementioned Code of Ethics. Your own employees appear to state that CNN is focused on trying to ‘take down President Trump,’ driven by a ‘personal vendetta’ that Mr. Zucker purportedly has against him, rather than reporting the news in an objective manner," wrote Harder.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...antial-payment

It's all kind of ridiculous when you realize that Zucker's job is to make money for shareholders via ratings/advertising, while spreading propaganda. That's it. No CEO would risk his company for personal political reasons and if he did, it would be the Board of Director's duty to FIRE him. People need to start thinking like CEOs if they want to start understanding what's really going on with media and Trump. Mid level non-decision making employees, like in the videos, do not decide the direction/focus of a company and those videos even prove it. They're considered order following foot soldiers, nothing more.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-18-2019 at 11:10 AM.

It's all kind of ridiculous when you realize that Zucker's job is to make money for shareholders via ratings/advertising, while spreading propaganda. That's it. No CEO would risk his company for personal political reasons and if he did, it would be the Board of Director's duty to FIRE him. People need to start thinking like CEOs if they want to start understanding what's really going on with media and Trump. Mid level non-decision making employees, like in the videos, do not decide the direction/focus of a company and those videos even prove it. They're considered order following foot soldiers, nothing more.
    It's not personal politics, it's group political think. When you realize that distinction, you'll see Zucker is not risking anything. He is just providing marching orders to the machine.

There is usually more subtlety than holding a daily marching orders meeting. The left loves command and control. Same as the Democrats have had for so long. Decisions made by the elite at the top, and enforced with an iron fist all the way down to the bottom.

The media is left in nature on the whole. That would always lead to an overall leftist bias. But all other outlets do not have daily orders from the top (at least not yet).

As far as shareholders go, we’ll see if there are any ramifications for Zucker. It may come. They wouldn’t want to do it right now, because they wouldn’t want to seem like they folded to the right, but his career path may take a turn. No doubt Zucker is making the case that it’s all about ratings right now to the appropriate people.

And I’d agree the people in the videos are minor technicians with no editorial or content control, which makes these videos mostly just opinions of some regular employees.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...veritas-videos

Trump campaign threatens to sue CNN, citing Project Veritas videos

An attorney representing President Trump's reelection campaign sent a letter to CNN on Friday threatening to sue the network over purported allegations of bias against the president.

Trump attorney Charles Harder wrote to CNN president Jeff Zucker warning that the Trump campaign intends to seek damages from the network based on secretly recorded videos posted in recent days by the right-wing group Project Veritas.

“Never in the history of this country has a President been the subject of such a sustained barrage of unfair, unfounded, unethical and unlawful attacks by so-called ‘mainstream’ news, as the current situation," Harder wrote.

Harder cited one CNN employee recorded by Project Veritas who alleged Zucker has a personal feud with Trump. Another employee captured on video complains that CNN does not live up to its "facts first" slogan, while a third lamented that the network wants to focus its coverage mainly on Trump and the ongoing House impeachment inquiry.

“The aforementioned examples are merely the tip of the iceberg of the evidence my clients have accumulated over recent years," Harder wrote. "We also expect substantial additional information about CNN’s wrongful practices to become known in the coming days and weeks."

Harder alleged that CNN’s actions constituted a violation of the Lanham Act, a trademark law enacted in the 1940s that governs trademark use and false advertising.

CNN dismissed the lawsuit in a statement on Friday.

"This is nothing more than a desperate PR stunt and doesn't merit a response," Matt Dornic, a spokesman for CNN, said in a statement.

Trump, with Harder as his attorney, has threatened in the past to sue news outlets as well as multiple women who accused him of sexual misconduct, but so far he has not followed through with the threatened litigation.

A case against CNN would likely face significant hurdles on First Amendment grounds.

Project Veritas often records surreptitious videos and edits them in an effort to highlight allegations of liberal bias. The CNN videos were picked by conservative media this week, and appeared to be referenced in a tweet from Trump suggesting Zucker should resign.

The president routinely chastises CNN as "fake news," targeting specific anchors and reporters and complaining about coverage he dislikes. His supporters often chant "CNN sucks" during campaign rallies.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Both Project Veritas and Mr. Prince have ties to President Trump’s aides and family. Whether any Trump administration officials or advisers to the president were involved in the operations, even tacitly, is unclear. But the effort is a glimpse of a vigorous private campaign to try to undermine political groups or individuals perceived to be in opposition to Mr. Trump’s agenda.
    Mr. Prince, the former head of Blackwater Worldwide and the brother of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, has at times served as an informal adviser to Trump administration officials. He worked with the former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn during the presidential transition. In 2017, he met with White House and Pentagon officials to pitch a plan to privatize the Afghan war using contractors in lieu of American troops. Jim Mattis, then the defense secretary, rejected the idea.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12