Thread: Frankie the Red once again denies Christ's divinity

Exclamation Frankie the Red once again denies Christ's divinity

Not the first time he's done this.

Vatican Refutes Pope’s Denial of Christ’s Divinity

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...ists-divinity/

THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D. 10 Oct 2019

ROME — The Vatican issued a statement Wednesday refuting claims Pope Francis had denied the divinity of Jesus Christ, saying the words attributed to the pontiff were a “free interpretation” of what he actually said.

On Wednesday, journalist Eugenio Scalfari published an essay in the Italian daily La Repubblica declaring, among other things, that the pope told him that he believes that Jesus of Nazareth was an exceptional man, but not God incarnate.

“As has already been stated on other occasions, the words that Dr. Eugenio Scalfari attributes in quotation marks to the Holy Father during talks with him cannot be considered a faithful account of what was actually said, but represent rather a personal and free interpretation of what he heard, as is quite evident from what was written today about the divinity of Jesus Christ,” reads the statement by papal spokesman Matteo Bruni.

According to Scalfari, founder of La Repubblica, “Pope Francis conceives the Christ as Jesus of Nazareth, a man, not God incarnate. Once he took flesh, Jesus ceased to be a God and became a man until his death on the cross.”

Scalfari goes on to say that the pope told him that Jesus’ words from the cross “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” testify to Christ’s merely human nature.

“Pope Francis told me: ‘There are the proof that Jesus of Nazareth, once he became a man, even a man of exceptional virtue, was in no way a God,’” Scalfari wrote.

The divinity of Jesus Christ is a central tenet of Christianity. The Nicene Creed, a summary of Christian belief, reads (in part): “I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father.”

This is not the first time the Vatican has been obliged to issue a clarification following papal interviews with Mr. Scalfari, which has led many to suspect that the pope continues to grant him interviews because he desires the confusion and ambiguity that Scalfari’s articles sow.

Pope Francis has repeatedly downplayed the importance of doctrine, the official teaching of the Church on matters of faith and morals. Being a Christian does not mean primarily “adhering to a certain doctrine,” Francis has said, but rather in binding one’s life to the person of Jesus. He has moreover often criticized whose who insist on right doctrine as being “rigid,” “pharisaical,” and “legalistic.”

Over the years of his pontificate, the pope has granted Mr. Scalfari numerous informal interviews and it has been generally understood that he uses this vehicle to get his ideas out, especially more controversial ones, while always maintaining a certain degree of plausible deniability if something Scalfari relates causes problems.

After one such papal interview with Scalfari in 2013, veteran Vatican analyst John L. Allen offered advice as to how these conversations should be read. He noted that though the words may not always be precise, the content is generally trustworthy.

“Look, Italian journalism has many strengths, but a passion for factual accuracy is not among them. It is what it is,” Allen said.

“The takeaway is, the big picture is accurate,” he said. “I don’t think, in any fundamental way, he misrepresented the pope’s thought. But I also think it’s impossible to know where Francis ends and Scalfari begins, at the level of detail. I would just be very careful. I, myself, will not take any direct quotes out of that interview and present them as coming from the pope.”

Pope Francis himself has never denied anything that Scalfari has written about him and seems content to continue granting him interviews.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, he was off the clock when he said that?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Who knows.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-13-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

"Once he took flesh, Jesus ceased to be a God and became a man until his death on the cross.”

Although I disagree with most of Frankie's swill, I believe this is correct. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for us, and that meant living a blameless life in our condition to show how it could be done. The miracles that he worked can be attributed to the gift of the Holy Spirit that God poured down on him when he was baptized by John.
    It's not blasphemy to suggest Jesus became one of us, because it makes his gift to us all the more precious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Said what? And how do you know he said whatever you think he said?

Scalfari goes on to say that the pope told him that Jesus’ words from the cross “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” testify to Christ’s merely human nature.
    That's because Christ was reciting the words of David in Psalms 22 which was about 1000 years before Christ's crucifiction. Which should prove to anyone paying attention that the Bible is inspired by God for people to learn from. It is said that Satan knows scripture better than anyone, the difference is he twists it slightly to make it untrue. Satan tried to tempt Christ with scripture--of course Christ knew better. Christ never called God, "God." Throughout the Bible Christ referred to God as "Father."

Psalm 22 (KJV)

(To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.)

22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

2 O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

8 He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23 Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Said what? And how do you know he said whatever you think he said?
    Just reading into the OP.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Just reading into the OP.
    I'm no Roman Catholic or fan of the pope. But I'm pretty skeptical of media reporting second-hand of what some other person says the pope's opinion is, especially when the Vatican officially repudiates the claim.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Frankie the Red may have actually meet the guy from Nazareth and deemed him just a regular guy . Probably confused him with someone else though because Frankie would never say he was exceptional unless he could fleece him for some roman silver denarius first.
    Do something Danke

SOOOOO YOUR SAYING YOU DONT KNOW HIM...HMMMMM
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?