Thread: Young people are quitting their jobs in droves because they have stress

Exclamation Young people are quitting their jobs in droves because they have stress

Stupid kids...bunches of man bun wearing, skinny jean donning, vape puffing, weeping, crying, weak, woke bitch-ass-ness.

Young people are quitting their jobs in droves. Here's why

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...tting-jobs-why

By Megan Henney

Young people are spearheading mental health awareness at the workplace.

About half of millennials and 75 percent of Gen Zers have quit their jobs for mental health reasons, according to a new study conducted by Mind Shares Partners, SAP and Quatrics. It was published in Harvard Business Review.

That’s compared to just 20 percent of respondents overall who said they’ve voluntarily left a job in order to prioritize their mental health — emblematic of a “shift in generational awareness,” the authors of the report, Kelly Greenwood, Vivek Bapat and Mike Maughan, wrote. For baby boomers, the number was the lowest, with less than 10 percent quitting a job for mental-health purposes.

It should come as no surprise that younger generations are paving the way for the de-stigmatization of mental health. A Wall Street Journal article published in March labeled millennials the “therapy generation,” as todays 20- and 30-somethings are more likely to turn to therapy, and with fewer reservations, than young people in previous eras did.

In this Jan. 9, 2017, photo, Andrea Ledesma spreads sauce on pizza dough at Classic Slice restaurant in Milwaukee. (AP Photo/Carrie Antlfinger)
    A 2017 report from the Center for Collegiate Mental Health at Penn State University found that, based on data from 147 colleges and universities, the number of students seeking mental-health help increased at five times the rate of new students starting college from 2011 to 2016. And a Blue Cross Blue Shield study published in 2018 revealed that major depression diagnoses surged by 44 percent among millennials from 2013 to 2016.

Increasingly, employees (about 86 percent) want their company to prioritize mental health.

Despite that — and the fact that mental health conditions result in a $16.8 billion loss in employee productivity — the report found that companies are still not doing enough to break down the stigma, resulting in a lack of identification in workers who may have a mental health condition. Up to 80 percent of individuals will manage a mental health condition at one point in their lifetime, according to the study.

Of course, sometimes employees are unaware of the different resources offered at their organizations, or are afraid of retribution if they elect to use them. In the study, millennials, ages 23 to 38, were 63 percent more likely than baby boomers, 55 to 73, to know the proper procedure for seeking mental health support from the company.

The study was based on responses collected from 1,500 U.S. adults.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Slackers .
    Do something Danke

Everything is about mental health, color, sex, and oppression these days.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Everything is about mental health, color, sex, and oppression these days.
    And it's drab and boring.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Young people need to step up and stop being pussies. They're gonna make future generations look bad.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Next generation likely to be small in numbers... the next minority.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    That was hilarious. +rep

If someone can get by without working, I can't blame them for slacking. However, if they are in a position where they can quit at anytime, don't tell me about stress. I don't have the luxury or the privilege to quit my job or dwell on stress either.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    If someone can get by without working, I can't blame them for slacking. However, if they are in a position where they can quit at anytime, don't tell me about stress. I don't have the luxury or the privilege to quit my job or dwell on stress either.
    No kidding. Not paying bills and eating gets stressful. Much more stressful than work BS.

Do you guys have any idea what it's like to be a kid in this present day world? It's the Matrix Reloaded 4 billion times.

Public schools to make you compliant & to keep you a child until your 18. Then the world expects you to suddenly be an adult.

Over medicated & taught to believe in the system that THEY did NOT create.

And you wonder why they're not adapting well?
    There is no spoon.

This rotund, pastel color wearing, patchy beard auto-tuned a whine about millennials? I dunno, peak irony? I find the impulse to name generations far more interesting than the peculiarities of any one generation: Propaganda, especially subversive sociological propaganda, is facilitated when authentic social groupings (such as the family) are broken down and recast as other groupings, ones more conducive to the propagandist's aim. It might even be more accurate to say that whatever the propagandists aims at, this break down and recasting facilitates the process--particularly if the aim is subversive. Thus, a grandfather ceases to relate to his grandchild as such, but rather as a baby-boomer to a gen-zer (or what have you). The parent does not sympathize with the struggles of her child, but has contempt for the whinging of the millennial. Quite a thing to witness, interesting times indeed.

The nominalization of birth cohorts is an artificial and acrimonious practice. It is understood as such, and implemented to the dismay of all honest people. It is pre-propaganda of the broadest kind, the beach head upon which all assaults against the family are launched. Don't you forget it.

Weren't there lot's of stories like this in the late 90s about Generation X being the Slacker Generation or being aimless?

It seems like a continuing trend where the Boomer power structure makes things harder or contributes to Recessions, higher costs of living, higher costs of education, along with stagnant or regressing wages. Then these people bitch about the younger generations not conforming or climbing the ladder while ignoring the shambles they've created in their wake.

I also find it amusing that today there are so many articles contrasting Boomers against Millenials while they do not even mention GenX now. I guess the middle generation found their own path somehow.

I am having a hard time finding out more info on the study- like how they choose the participants (or if the participants chose themselves). The numbers seem way to high. I did visit their website and tried to download the study but they don't give you the information.

I'd be interested in what they mean by needing this for mental health. Is it a crisis situation with unbearable management or just different life priorities?

Suppose a young person is interested in life experience like traveling abroad. Yes, 'vacation' can be good for mental health and not feeling like their wasting their life at a desk or attending staff meetings. Maybe their ambition includes a journey abroad of 2 or more months. They have not accrued that much paid time off and maybe it's awkward to negotiate that kind of time off if they're not an executive with lot's of clout.

So they decide to switch jobs with the preplanned intent of downtime inbetween.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Weren't there lot's of stories like this in the late 90s about Generation X being the Slacker Generation or being aimless?

It seems like a continuing trend where the Boomer power structure makes things harder or contributes to Recessions, higher costs of living, higher costs of education, along with stagnant or regressing wages. Then these people bitch about the younger generations not conforming or climbing the ladder while ignoring the shambles they've created in their wake.

I also find it amusing that today there are so many articles contrasting Boomers against Millenials while they do not even mention GenX now. I guess the middle generation found their own path somehow.
    Yep- every generation says that the new generation is baaaaaad.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Well, this Generation X dad is rather proud of his Generation Alpha son. He's a hard worker, has varied interests and likes to excel at whatever he does. It all comes down to parenting; if you teach them to be these things; that is what they will do.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    This rotund, pastel color wearing, patchy beard auto-tuned a whine about millennials? I dunno, peak irony? I find the impulse to name generations far more interesting than the peculiarities of any one generation: Propaganda, especially subversive sociological propaganda, is facilitated when authentic social groupings (such as the family) are broken down and recast as other groupings, ones more conducive to the propagandist's aim. It might even be more accurate to say that whatever the propagandists aims at, this break down and recasting facilitates the process--particularly if the aim is subversive. Thus, a grandfather ceases to relate to his grandchild as such, but rather as a baby-boomer to a gen-zer (or what have you). The parent does not sympathize with the struggles of her child, but has contempt for the whinging of the millennial. Quite a thing to witness, interesting times indeed.

The nominalization of birth cohorts is an artificial and acrimonious practice. It is understood as such, and implemented to the dismay of all honest people. It is pre-propaganda of the broadest kind, the beach head upon which all assaults against the family are launched. Don't you forget it.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Public schools to make you compliant & to keep you a child until your 18.
    I pretty much agree with you until here. Prior generations stayed in school until 18 and didn't have this problem. Maybe until the 1990s they learned compliance, but the problem these days is that many kids are unable to control their impulses. They may be compliant to PC culture, but they are ruled by passions and have no self discipline.

"Do you feel like a woman? fine cut your penis off and take female hormones. What could go wrong?"

If they were compliant, they wouldn't have a problem keeping a job.

Single mother households are the bane of our society. A child who has never had a father sternly tell him no will be more likely to get their ass kicked by a cop. Nurture is important, but a kid needs to hear, "Get up and walk it off. You are fine.". See my next post.

https://thefatherlessgeneration.word...om/statistics/

43% of US children live without their father [US Department of Census]
    90% of homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]
    80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes. [Criminal Justice & Behaviour, Vol 14, pp. 403-26, 1978]
    71% of pregnant teenagers lack a father. [U.S. Department of Health and Human Services press release, Friday, March 26, 1999]
    63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes. [US D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census]
    85% of children who exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes. [Center for Disease Control]
    90% of adolescent repeat arsonists live with only their mother. [Wray Herbert, “Dousing the Kindlers,” Psychology Today, January, 1985, p. 28]
    71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes. [National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools]
    75% of adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes. [Rainbows f for all God’s Children]
    70% of juveniles in state operated institutions have no father. [US Department of Justice, Special Report, Sept. 1988]
    85% of youths in prisons grew up in a fatherless home. [Fulton County Georgia jail populations, Texas Department of Corrections, 1992]
    Fatherless boys and girls are: twice as likely to drop out of high school; twice as likely to end up in jail; four times more likely to need help for emotional or behavioral problems. [US D.H.H.S. news release, March 26, 1999]

The food supply sucks. Low testosterone is key in this too.

Work is low stress. Lack of work might be stressful. But there was much more stress in school, sports, and young person social life than in the adult workplace.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Work is low stress. Lack of work might be stressful. But there was much more stress in school, sports, and young person social life than in the adult workplace.
    Depends on the job and situation, I've had lots of extremely stressful job experiences.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I pretty much agree with you until here. Prior generations stayed in school until 18 and didn't have this problem. Maybe until the 1990s they learned compliance, but the problem these days is that many kids are unable to control their impulses. They may be compliant to PC culture, but they are ruled by passions and have no self discipline.

"Do you feel like a woman? fine cut your penis off and take female hormones. What could go wrong?"

If they were compliant, they wouldn't have a problem keeping a job.

Single mother households are the bane of our society. A child who has never had a father sternly tell him no will be more likely to get their ass kicked by a cop. Nurture is important, but a kid needs to hear, "Get up and walk it off. You are fine.". See my next post.
    I work with some kids that are forced to stay babies until they are 18 & then commanded to be instant adults- and these kids are from 2 parent homes. I blame it on the school Matrix & what the parents also think is "reality".
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I work with some kids that are forced to stay babies until they are 18 & then commanded to be instant adults- and these kids are from 2 parent homes. I blame it on the school Matrix & what the parents also think is "reality".
    I don't totally disagree with that. But that is not from being forced into compliance. It's rather from not learning self-discipline. That is lacking in both school and at home.

BTW, I concede your point maybe true in the Trump, Kurds, withdraw thing-- so I am avoiding that However, I think I am right in this argument.
    Last edited by RJB; 10-13-2019 at 07:06 AM.

I don't totally disagree with that. But that is not from being forced into compliance. It's rather from not learning self-discipline. That is lacking in both school and at home.

BTW, I concede you point maybe true in the Trump, Kurds, withdraw thing-- so I am avoiding that However, I think I am right in this argument.

There is no spoon.