Thread: Tulsi Gabbard Threatens Boycott of Next Democratic Debate Over ‘Rigging’

Tulsi Gabbard Threatens Boycott of Next Democratic Debate Over ‘Rigging’

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) is threatening to boycott next week’s Democratic Party debate because she feels her party’s establishment is “rigging” the proceedings against anti-establishment candidates such as herself.
    “The 2016 Democratic Primary election was rigged by the DNC and their partners in the corporate media against Bernie Sanders,” Gabbard said in a statement.
    “In this 2020 election, the DNC and corporate media are rigging the election again, but this time against the American people in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada,” she added.

Gabbard did not qualify for the September debate, but has qualified for the debate that is scheduled later this month. She broke the necessary threshold of 130,000 donors and two percent in at least four polls needed to participate.

However, in November, they are upping those thresholds to 165,000 donors and three percent support in four polls. This would likely exclude Gabbard and other marginal contenders, and she believes this is an attack on freedom of choice by the Democratic Party machine that wants to control the process.
    “They are attempting to replace the roles of voters in the early states, using polling and other arbitrary methods which are not transparent or democratic, and holding so-called debates which are not debates at all but rather commercialized reality television meant to entertain, not inform or enlighten,” Gabbard said. “In short, the DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process.”
    Fellow non-traditional Democratic Party presidential candidate, Marianne Williamson, echoed Gabbart’s sentiments on Twitter.
    I have great respect for Tulsi for saying such inconvenient truth. She is absolutely correct. https://t.co/HDRV5avPMO
    — Marianne Williamson (@marwilliamson) October 10, 2019

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/tulsi-...-over-rigging/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moving the goal posts to keep Gabbard out ?

I think she's too strong for the party, they know it, a major Hillary/Bernie threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Moving the goal posts to keep Gabbard out ?

I think she's too strong for the party, they know it, a major Hillary/Bernie threat.
    Wouldn't be the first time, either. Both the RNC and the DNC are determined to squash anyone who doesn't tow the party line, and each party's ideals seem to change from one election cycle to the next. Anyone who sticks to their guns, whether you agree with them or not, will get thrown under the bus. The only reason Trump managed to skirt that underhandedness was through courting the media by saying whatever outrageous thing he could, keeping him in the limelight. People like Ron Paul and Tulsi are treated like they have as much validity as a third party candidate.

On that note, I still think the only reason Bernie was cheated was because he was running against a Clinton, not because he was anti-establishment.

So, she's essentially doing what they want her to do-which is to shut the $#@! up and go away.

Yeah, she's sure gonna show them.

Tulsi should leave the Democratic Party & switch Independent.
    A sane person doesn't belong to the Democratic Party!

She’s being RonPauled.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

You better let me participate in the next debate or else I won't participate in it!

They just don't want Gabbard to be on the main stage in any capacity.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only question for Tulsi Gabbard at the next debate:

Media Interrogator: "Tulsi Gabbard, you threatened to boycott this debate, yet here you are. The fact that you are here proves that you are being treated fairly. Do you feel you need some special rules that are not applied to all of the other candidates?"

Tulsi Gabbard: "I served my country in the military. I served in the war in Iraq. I am best qualified to be commander-in-chief. The DNC..."

Media Interrogator: "Yes, we know all that. Many people have said that you are not really a Democrat. Doesn't your threat to boycot the Democrat Party make their point for them? You often agree with President Trump. Are you even a Democrat? Can you prove you are a Democrat?"

Tulsi Gabbard: "During the last election cycle, I supported Bernie Sanders and..."

Media Interrogator: "Thank you, and with that we will segue to our next question for Bernie Sanders."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time, either. Both the RNC and the DNC are determined to squash anyone who doesn't tow the party line, and each party's ideals seem to change from one election cycle to the next. Anyone who sticks to their guns, whether you agree with them or not, will get thrown under the bus. The only reason Trump managed to skirt that underhandedness was through courting the media by saying whatever outrageous thing he could, keeping him in the limelight. People like Ron Paul and Tulsi are treated like they have as much validity as a third party candidate.

On that note, I still think the only reason Bernie was cheated was because he was running against a Clinton, not because he was anti-establishment.

I think MMM gave Trump so much coverage this last election cycle due to the buffoon he'd presented himself as years earlier,
    they were getting ratings and figured at some point everyone would see him as a fool this go round too, it didn't happen
    , it backfired on them.

When Ron ran, they didn't give him on hundredth the coverage that
    they gave Trump this last election season. They must have believed Ron to be a legitimate threat.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    She’s being RonPauled.
    She's polling at 1%. Ron almost won Iowa.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...ination_polls/

Most people aren't even watching the debates- they are waiting for the field to be cut down to size and reduce the number they have to choose from. People get paralyzed when faced with too many options. With twelve people on stage, it will be very hard to stand out anyways. Might only get a few questions. Gabbard is trying to get publicity. She may get more for calling for boycotting than if she actually showed up at the debate.

Dems are trying to narrow the field by raising qualifying requirements.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-11-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    She's polling at 1%. Ron almost won Iowa.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...ination_polls/
    She had to poll at over 2% in four qualifying polls to be in next week's debate. She passed that hurdle. IIRC, she had 4% in some polls.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ict-poll-shows

2020 Democrat Tulsi Gabbard vulnerable to primary challenge in her House district, poll shows

Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has a new problem to grapple with beyond her single-digit poll numbers in the 2020 Democratic presidential race. Constituents in her Hawaii House district want her to drop out.

According to Public Policy Polling, 60% of primary voters in the state's 2nd district — which Gabbard currently represents in the House — want her to end her presidential campaign, while only 28% think she should stay in the race.

Among voters in the district, 25% say they support Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, while 22% back Biden. Gabbard is currently tied for third with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders at 13%.

The survey also had bad news for Gabbard's reelection prospects, with 50% of Democratic primary voters in her district saying they'd like to see a challenger. Just 38% said they want the party to put Gabbard back on the ballot.
    More at link

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The only question for Tulsi Gabbard at the next debate:

Media Interrogator: "Tulsi Gabbard, you threatened to boycott this debate, yet here you are. The fact that you are here proves that you are being treated fairly. Do you feel you need some special rules that are not applied to all of the other candidates?"

Tulsi Gabbard: "I served my country in the military. I served in the war in Iraq. I am best qualified to be commander-in-chief. The DNC..."

Media Interrogator: "Yes, we know all that. Many people have said that you are not really a Democrat. Doesn't your threat to boycot the Democrat Party make their point for them? You often agree with President Trump. Are you even a Democrat? Can you prove you are a Democrat?"

Tulsi Gabbard: "During the last election cycle, I supported Bernie Sanders and..."

Media Interrogator: "Thank you, and with that we will segue to our next question for Bernie Sanders."
    Yep. Bernie is everything the left thinks it wants to be right now.

Interestingly, Tulsi has large billboards next to interstates all over SC. No other candidates do. That's doing way more for her name recognition than any debates would. At times, her "story" seems a bit too scripted so far...
    Last edited by devil21; 10-14-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Interestingly, Tulsi has large billboards next to interstates all over SC. No other candidates do. That's doing way more for her name recognition than any debates would. At times, her "story" seems a bit too scripted so far...
    Right now she needs to build a base of support of volunteers and donors. Those billboards seem like a waste of resources to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Right now she needs to build a base of support of volunteers and donors. Those billboards seem like a waste of resources to me.
    Gotta get the name and face out there in order to build the base in the first place. I think it's a pretty smart use of resources in such an important primary state as SC, especially with such a crowded field and media trustiness at all time lows. I don't know the cost of the billboards but a hell of a lot of people drive past them daily, see her attractive smiling face and her name in GIANT letters.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I tire of saying it , but not a real candidate . I agree she should boycott all debates and resign.
    Do something Danke

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment