Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 107 of 107

Thread: Members of Previous Generations Now Seem Like Giants

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Can't you even have the decency to put a comma in front of your bare 'but'?



    The Lesser of Two Evil Empires?

    If only Reagan could hear you.

    Looks like he may have gotten a second job writing propaganda posters for the empire and he's trying ideas out on us.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Looks like he may have gotten a second job writing propaganda posters for the empire and he's trying ideas out on us.
    You guys are spouting old Soviet and ChiCom propaganda.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post


    You are the one making the whole rest of the world and all of history the "lesser of two evils" and it isn't true.
    No, Shyll. I'm merely pointing out that evil is evil. I'm not trying to spin excuses for evil by trying to quantify it.

    That's your job and I don't want it.

    First hb34, then me. Why are not-so-passive oh-so-aggressives always accusing others of their own sins? I commit my own sins; there's no call to accuse me of yours.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-16-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You guys are spouting old Soviet and ChiCom propaganda.

    Blah blah blah more flagrant deliberately deceitful mischaracterizations of other people's comments blah blah blah.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No, Shyll. I'm merely pointing out that evil is evil. I'm not trying to spin excuses for evil by trying to quantify it.

    That's your job and I don't want it.

    Why are not-so-passive aggressive always accusing others of their own sins? I commit my own sins; there's no call to accuse me of yours.
    No, you are defending the idiotic claim that America is a unique evil in the world.

    No amount of spin or projection will change that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    the American empire can't be defended
    And the first president since Reagan (who got the same globalist $#@! piled on him when he pulled the marines out of Lebanon) who is at least talking about and taking baby steps toward reducing the Empire's size and scope, is excoriated and lambasted in ways and manners I have not seen in my adult lifetime.



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No, you are defending the idiotic claim that America is a unique evil in the world.

    No amount of spin or projection will change that.
    Unique in this era, not throughout history.

    You don't get to change the subject to all of history, then change it back to only today just to play gotcha games. Not happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  10. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And the first president since Reagan (who got the same globalist $#@! piled on him when he pulled the marines out of Lebanon) who is at least talking about and taking baby steps toward reducing the Empire's size and scope, is excoriated and lambasted in ways and manners I have not seen in my adult lifetime.
    By people who supposedly support bringing the troops home.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  11. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Unique in this era, not throughout history.

    You don't get to change the subject to all of history, then change it back to only today just to play gotcha games. Not happening.
    Neither one is true.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Blah blah blah more flagrant deliberately deceitful mischaracterizations of other people's comments blah blah blah.
    Ya know, I don't think he's actually familiarized himself with Soviet propaganda, bruh. I'm not as familiar with the ChiCom variety, but Swordswooper definitely doesn't understand Soviet history as well as he thinks he does...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  13. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Ya know, I don't think he's actually familiarized himself with Soviet propaganda, bruh. I'm not as familiar with the ChiCom variety, but Swordswooper definitely doesn't understand Soviet history as well as he thinks he does...
    You are trying to claim they didn't say America was the source of all evil in the world?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  14. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Neither one is true.
    Now, I'm going to spell this out so when you make an ass of yourself I don't have to come back and point that out. I'm not talking about nations that would do more evil if they had the wherewithal.

    Name a nation which can and does wreak more havoc in the world outside its own borders than the U.S. And no, I don't mean by influencing the U.S. like Israel does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump.
    A POX ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES

  15. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Now, I'm going to spell this out so when you make an ass of yourself I don't have to come back and point that out. I'm not talking about nations that would do more evil if they had the wherewithal.

    Name a nation which can and does wreak more havoc in the world outside its own borders than the U.S. And no, I don't mean by influencing the U.S. like Israel does.
    What makes you think you get to limit it to "outside its borders"?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Now, I'm going to spell this out so when you make an ass of yourself I don't have to come back and point that out. I'm not talking about nations that would do more evil if they had the wherewithal.

    Name a nation which can and does wreak more havoc in the world outside its own borders than the U.S. And no, I don't mean by influencing the U.S. like Israel does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What makes you think you get to limit it to "outside its borders"?
    And China, Israel and the Saudis (among others) all rival America for doing evil outside their borders, they just do it more covertly.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  18. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And the first president since Reagan (who got the same globalist $#@! piled on him when he pulled the marines out of Lebanon) who is at least talking about and taking baby steps toward reducing the Empire's size and scope, is excoriated and lambasted in ways and manners I have not seen in my adult lifetime.

    AF, brother, I have nothing but respect for you in spite of some serious disagreements on various issues, but please spare me the whole "poor victimized Donald Trump" riff. We see that more than enough around here and it's just as much bull$#@! coming from you as it is from any of the others.

    Trump appears to be moving toward pulling out of Syria. Great. Let's hope it's for real. However, consider these facts:

    Over the past year Trump has said he was pulling us out of Syria 4 times, and promptly failed to do anything of the kind the first 3. And what is he actually doing this 4th time? He's moved troops from one part of Syria to another where he says he intends to leave some at least for the time being. The rest of the troops he says will be withdrawn TO BE REDEPLOYED IN OTHER PARTS OF THE ME. Notice that not a single troop is coming home and mustering out. Not one. It amounts to merely moving pieces around the board so far.

    At the same time he's sending THOUSANDS OF ADDITIONAL TROOPS to Saudi Arabia. And overall troop numbers throughout the ME have increased by something like 14,000 in recent months.

    Reagan championed the liberty destroying War on Drugs. Trump has done much to facilitate the expansion of the domestic police/surveillance state, and to aid and abet the efforts of gun grabbers nation wide.

    Most agree that Trump most definitely is not a "liberty guy."

    Given these facts a reasonable person ought well understand and forgive one a serious amount of skepticism where Trump is concerned. He's certainly provided more than enough reason for same, and skepticism where a government official is concerned is ALWAYS prudent. It is, in fact, usually a necessary survival instinct.

    But apparently not here on RPF. Here we skeptics are the ones being "excoriated and lambasted." For being skeptical of a government official who is NOT a "liberty guy." Sorry man but even your relatively mild criticism is unwarranted in the current context. Sorry man but the extreme skepticism is warranted. The criticism of it is not. Three years ago I'd never have imagined that this would have to be explained here.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 10-16-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  19. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    AF, brother, I have nothing but respect for you in spite of some serious disagreements on various issues, but please spare me the whole "poor victimized Donald Trump" riff. We see that more than enough around here and it's just as much bull$#@! coming from you as it is from any of the others.

    Trump appears to be moving toward pulling out of Syria. Great. Let's hope it's for real. However, consider these facts:

    Over the past year Trump has said he was pulling us out of Syria 4 times, and promptly failed to do anything of the kind the first 3. And what is he actually doing this 4th time? He's moved troops from one part of Syria to another where he says he intends to leave some at least for the time being. The rest of the troops he says will be withdrawn TO BE REDEPLOYED IN OTHER PARTS OF THE ME. Notice that not a single troop is coming home and mustering out. Not one. It amounts to merely moving pieces around the board so far.

    At the same time he's sending THOUSANDS OF ADDITIONAL TROOPS to Saudi Arabia. And overall troop numbers throughout the ME have increased by something like 14,000 in recent months.

    Reagan championed the liberty destroying War on Drugs. Trump has done much to facilitate the expansion of the domestic police/surveillance state, and to aid and abet the efforts of gun grabbers nation wide.

    Most agree that Trump most definitely is not a "liberty guy."

    Given these facts a reasonable person ought well understand and forgive one a serious amount of skepticism where Trump is concerned. He's certainly provided more than enough reason for same, and skepticism where a government official is concerned is ALWAYS prudent. It is, in fact, usually a necessary survival instinct.

    But apparently not here on RPF. Here we skeptics are the ones being "excoriated and lambasted." For being skeptical of a government official who is NOT a "liberty guy." Sorry man but even your relatively mild criticism is unwarranted in the current context. Sorry man but the extreme skepticism is warranted. The criticism of it is not. Three years ago I'd never have imagined that this would have to be explained here.
    YEP.

    And as far as Reagan goes, here's part of a pretty right-on article by Murray Rothbard:
    V. Conclusion: Reagan: Rhetoric and Reality

    Ronald Reagan was swept into office by the conservative movement, whose leader and spokesman he had become. He made a raft of campaign promises to that movement, each and every one of which he has broken egregiously. He raised income taxes rather than lowered them, he brought us $200 billion deficits rather than balancing the budget, he entrenched fiat money rather than bringing back the gold standard, his budget is the highest absolutely and as percentage of GNP in American history, he has deregulated nothing, he has not abolished the Departments of Education and Energy, etc. The conservative movement has long been animated by three broad concerns: (a) Freeing the economy and Getting Big Government Off Our Back; (b) using government to enforce Judaeo-Christian morality (so-called "social" issues), and (c) engaging in nuclear war with the Soviet Union. Simply listing these concerns reveals that (b) and (c), the theocratic and the war-mongering, contradict the libertarian (a), to put it very mildly. The conservative movement is so constituted that in a tussle between these three, (b) and (c) always win out in their hearts and minds over the free market.

    The quintessence of Ronald Reagan is that he is a master in supplying the conservative movement with the rhetoric they want to hear. In all politicians there is a gulf between rhetoric and reality, but in Ronald Reagan that gulf has become a veritable and mighty ocean. There seems to be no contact whatever between Ronnie the rhetorician and Ronnie the maker of policy. In that situation it is hard to know which one is "the real" Reagan. The conservatives, feeling betrayed but lacking any guts for a break with the Administration, persist in asserting (publicly, at any rate) that the rhetorical Reagan is the real one, and that if only his evil pragmatist advisers would "let him," this real Reagan would finally emerge. Hence, the famous right-wing slogan, "Let Reagan Be Reagan." But the problem with that slogan is the "let." What do you mean, "let"? Who picked these evil advisers, and who persists in maintaining them in power? None other than Reagan himself. So in what sense is this visible person not the "real" Reagan?

    There are only two solutions to his dilemma, neither one a happy situation for conservatives. Either Reagan is a total cretin, a puppet who gets wheeled out for ceremonial speeches, and who really believes that he is putting conservative policies into effect. Or Reagan is a cynical master politician, keeping the conservatives happy by dishing out their rhetoric and his phony 3◊5 card anecdotes, while keeping corporate centrists happy by pursuing the New Deal-Fair Deal-Great Society-Nixon-Ford policies that we have all come to know so well. Either way: Reagan the imbecile or Reagan the cynical manipulator, the situation is hopeless for conservatives, who yet persist in willfully not perceiving this stark reality.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/1970/01/...gan-warmonger/

    Sound familiar?
    There is no spoon.

  20. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    And no "State of Israel", which was covertly the real goal behind WW2, along with enriching the same bankers that created the State of Israel via the Balfour Declaration, a periodic culling of the global population, and the cover for instituting the American economic system under the socialist model that it is today. Hitler and WW2 created a reason for Jewish to emigrate to the newly created State of Israel. We see how's that worked out to our benefit since
    TRUTH.
    There is no spoon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 07:35 AM
  2. Future Generations
    By Mach in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 10:11 AM
  3. What Future Generations Will Say About Ron Paul
    By Bradley in DC in forum News About The Official Campaign
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 03:13 AM
  4. Clash of Generations
    By ProBlue33 in forum Iowa
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
  5. My Attempt to reach the Non-Internet Generations
    By Trassin in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •