Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amash on Syria: Trump's not ending anything

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Trumps a populist. He floats these trial balloons to see how much support he gets. If something doesn't get enough support he pulls back on it. It's been that way from day one.
    Which is why the trolls surge every time he does it before he can actually pull us out they want to create an impression that it isn't popular because all he gets is hate from the pro-war camp and hate from the "he's not going to actually do it" crowd.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    By saying Trump hasn't really deescalated is siding with war mongers? That doesn't make sense.
    Yes it does, it tells Trump he won't get any support for pulling out while the warmongers make it clear he will lose their support.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope Amash's skepticism would be proven wrong.. but my fear is it might not looking at recent trends.

The total number of U.S. troops Trump sent to the Middle East between May 2019 and Oct 2019 = 14,000

And subtract 50 troops from Syria-Turkey border region and add 50 troops to another part of Syria.

Net Result = We're getting out of mideast!

Tags
    #FoolMe3.0 , #gullibles

Related
    US Sec. of State Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran

Developing
    God says He has no idea what US Sec. of State is talking about

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I hope Amash's skepticism would be proven wrong.. but my fear is it might not looking at recent trends.

The total number of U.S. troops Trump sent to the Middle East between May 2019 and Oct 2019 = 14,000

And subtract 50 troops from Syria-Turkey border region and add 50 troops to another part of Syria.

Net Result = We're getting out of mideast!

Tags
    #FoolMe3.0 , #gullibles

Related
    US Sec. of State Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran

Developing
    God says He has no idea what US Sec. of State is talking about
    U.S. active-duty military presence overseas is at its smallest in decades

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Big deal. We are fighting with more technology and less boots on the ground.

"The U.S. military presence in Germany peaked at 274,119 in 1962, nearly eight times its level last year."
    Thank goodness for that. Many Americans died in Germany during that time

"The five countries with the largest active-duty U.S. military presence in 2016 were Japan (38,818), Germany (34,602), South Korea (24,189), Italy (12,088) and Afghanistan (9,023). Of the top five countries, Afghanistan is the only one in open conflict, an issue that President Donald Trump addressed in a speech Monday."

Makes sense. Put the least amount of troops in an area of open conflict so less get killed. I believe that is out of Pattons playbook.

But I got robbed only 4 times last year compared to 5 times the year before. Things are looking up.
    Yea Trump

At least he's not escalating as much as the previous Presidents.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 10-20-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yes it does, it tells Trump he won't get any support for pulling out while the warmongers make it clear he will lose their support.
    Weren't they just moved South? We haven't really pulled anyone out of Syria or at least a significant amount.

Still cooked numbers. They admit it right on that site.

By the way, Amash was just on Bleats the Press.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Weren't they just moved South? We haven't really pulled anyone out of Syria or at least a significant amount.
    They were moved to Iraq, it's a phased withdrawal which is what Trump always said it would be.

Defense Secretary Mark Esper says that under the current plan all U.S. troops leaving Syria will go to western Iraq and the military will continue to conduct operations against the Islamic State group to prevent its resurgence.

His comments were the first to specifically lay out where American troops will go as they leave Syria and what the counter-IS fight could look like. Esper said he has spoken to his Iraqi counterpart about the plan to shift the more than 700 troops leaving Syria into western Iraq.

As Esper left Washington on Saturday, U.S. troops were continuing to pull out of northern Syria after Turkey's invasion into the border region.

He added that the U.S. withdrawal will be deliberate and safe, and will take "weeks not days."
    According to a U.S. official on Saturday, about a couple of hundred troops have left Syria so far. The U.S. forces have been largely consolidated in one location in the west and a few locations in the east.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/defense-chief...024248227.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Any news of troops pull back and reducing global interventions is good news. BTW anyone knows how many troops were pulled back?
    Also, there are conflicting reports that on the surface could suggest 'bi-polar inner self' but should avoid jumping to such conclusions until fog clears.

Related
    MAGA indulged in his "inner Sheldon Adelson" and sent 14,000 more troops to Mideast from May 2019 to Oct 2019

Hawkish America-First leadership on globalist interventions front, Iran needed to be taken care of for US interests also and not just because MAGA's top donor is member of our closest ally Israel's military that faces existential threats from Iran:

Trump did not indulge his "inner Libertarion" with sending of more troops to Iraq
    US troops leaving Syria will go to Iraq, says Pentagon chief
    4 hours ago
    Media captionUS troops pass through Tal Tamer before a convoy of ambulances arrives from Ras al-Ain All US troops withdrawing from northern Syria are expected to be relocated to western Iraq, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper confirmed.

Mr Esper told reporters that, under current plans, about 1,000 soldiers would be redeployed to help stop the resurgence of Islamic State (IS).
    President Donald Trump has previously pledged to bring US troops home.
    bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50117765

Related
    From Iraq to the Red Sea, Iran-Israel Battleground Now Spans Entire Mideast
    Amos Harel
    Oct 18, 2019 6:09 AM
    As the eyes of many in the Middle East are focused on northern Syria, a special note should be given to what was said in Tehran. After a mysterious incident off the coast of Saudi Arabia, it took the Iranians time to reach a conclusion as to what happened there. But on Wednesday, a member of the National Security and Foreign Policy Commission in Tehran said that Israel and Saudi Arabia were involved in the attack on the Iranian oil tanker that came after a series of similar attacks by Iran on tankers making their way to Saudi Arabia and the UAE. In other words, the Iranian account with Israel is still open – and sooner or later an attempt might be made to close it.

US, Israeli efforts put Iraq’s stability on the line ; 104 killed in Iraq unrest, 6000 wounded
    Alleged IDF airstrikes targeting Iranian-backed paramilitaries have heightened divisions between the Shiite groups and Iraqi government
    20 September 2019
    BAGHDAD (AP) — As the United States and Israel escalate their push to contain Iranian influence in the Middle East, countries in Tehran’s orbit are feeling the heat.
    Pro-Iranian militias across Lebanon, Syria and Iraq are being targeted, both with economic sanctions and precision airstrikes hitting their bases and infrastructure. This is putting the governments that host them in the crosshairs of an escalating confrontation and raising the prospect of open conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    He also rushed to the defense of Trump when Ilham Omar criticized US foreign policy.
    That was a bit of a disappointment.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    He also rushed to the defense of Trump when Ilham Omar criticized US foreign policy.
    That was a bit of a disappointment.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

There will always be troops heading out as part of troop rotation until they are all home, but we have cut the number of troops in Iraq in half since January and we are going to keep reducing that number until they are all gone.

I've explained this troop rotation issue before but the TDS trolls like to twist the truth.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There will always be troops heading out as part of troop rotation until they are all home, but we have cut the number of troops in Iraq in half since January and we are going to keep reducing that number until they are all gone.

I've explained this troop rotation issue before but the TDS trolls like to twist the truth.
    Was Amash correct in what he said in the OP?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Was Amash correct in what he said in the OP?
    No.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12