Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amash on Syria: Trump's not ending anything

Amash on Syria: Trump's not ending anything

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.) blasted President Trump on Thursday, saying he isn't "ending anything" with his decision to pull U.S. troops from northern Syria.

Amash, a former Republican who left the party in opposition to Trump earlier this year, said the president isn't really bringing American troops home, and that he has done little to end U.S. involvement in foreign wars.

“Despite President Trump’s bluster about ending endless war, he’s not ending anything. Our troops aren’t coming home; a small number were moved so Turkey could escalate the war," he said in a tweet. "And the president has expanded our role in Saudi Arabia and Yemen, and kept us in Afghanistan and Iraq.”
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...nding-anything

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We will see. Using the rule that......

1. Politicians lie for tactical support ( in order to garner support but have no intention of following through)

he is on the side of a statistical truth in politics.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

After listening to the reasons for his so called pullout and the lack of figures by the administration regarding to pullout, I am now more inclined to believe that this is a more of a rearrangement of the deck rather than a removal.

I hope I am wrong but with Trump's history of being a liar and a fraud, I will reserve my praise(unlike Rand) until I see concrete evidence that it is a real pullout from all of Syria. And fu*ck Amash for not being vocal about the US attack on his father's country

Amash fails at leading and in the end sides with the warmongers.

Amash has been the biggest disappointment of 2019
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

I want to know the real reason why Amash is so anti-Trump. I've always supported Amash, have donated to him in the past, and he has an excellent voting record. But, lately he has me a bit perplexed, I must admit.

Who the hell are all of these characters?
    Which guy is the villain on the left and which guy is Fred?
    Or maybe the "villain" has yet another mask on underneath and it's really just another Fred and not a villian at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I want to know the real reason why Amash is so anti-Trump. I've always supported Amash, have donated to him in the past, and he has an excellent voting record. But, lately he has me a bit perplexed, I must admit.

Who the hell are all of these characters?
    Which guy is the villain on the left and which guy is Fred?
    Or maybe the "villain" has yet another mask on underneath and it's really just another Fred and not a villian at all.

My guess it's the opposite reason why Rand is such an amazing arse kisser. He is off the reservation, he no longer has to pretend he likes the prick. The hatred is mutual so he is now free to speak his mind.

It is very liberating when u no longer need to self censor

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    My guess it's the opposite reason why Rand is such an amazing arse kisser. He is off the reservation, he no longer has to pretend he likes the prick. The hatred is mutual so he is now free to speak his mind.

It is very liberating when u no longer need to self censor
    hmm. interesting.
    Is Rand an "arse-kisser", or does he just see more clearly than Amash?
    If Amash is off the reservation, what reservation is he now on?
    asks Velma.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hmm. interesting.
    Is Rand an "arse-kisser", or does he just see more clearly than Amash?
    If Amash is off the reservation, what reservation is he now on?
    asks Velma.
    Look at it this way, Rand said he is never been more proud of a US President when a politician in Trump said he was going to withdraw troops from Syria. We now know that was a lie. Troop levels are higher now than when Obama was president.

He also rushed to the defense of Trump when Ilham Omar criticized US foreign policy. He is been very aggressive in the defense of this very average president. I consider that arse kissing.

He is off the Republican reservation and just letting out his pent up anger at a man he just doesn't like. This is normal human reaction.
    Last edited by juleswin; 10-10-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Look at it this way, Rand said he is never been more proud of a US President when a politician in Trump said he was going to withdraw troops from Syria. We now know that was a lie. Troop levels are higher now than when Obama was president.

He also rushed to the defense of Trump when Ilham Omar criticized US foreign policy. He is been very aggressive in the defense of this very average president. I consider that arse kissing.

He is off the Republican reservation and just letting out his penny up anger at a man he just doesn't like. This is normal human reaction.

"letting out his anger at a man that he just doesn't like"?

hmm. Doesn't really sound right.

And Rand has obviously influenced Trump.
    Has Amash?

"letting out his anger at a man that he just doesn't like"?

hmm. Doesn't really sound right.

And Rand has obviously influenced Trump.
    Has Amash?
    When did Rand influence Trump?

Troop levels are higher now than when Obama was president.

There was a point when Obama had something like 100,000 troops in Afghanistan.. Now we have something like 7,200. That is pretty close to the level Obama had when we left. It may be slightly higher, but to insinuate that Trump has "higher troop levels" than Obama is ludicrous and misleading when you look at the actual numbers of troops Obama sent over to the Middle East throughout his Presidency.
    Last edited by dannno; 10-10-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

When did Rand influence Trump?

I believe Rand has influenced Trump on several things, or maybe it's not even influence, maybe it's just things they agree on in the first place but Rand is supporting and helping to nudge in the right direction. Things to do with foreign policy, America First, United Nations, NATO, Criminal justice reform, etc. Rand isn't an "arse-kisser". He sees opportunities for turning things around, he sees Trump leaning in a certain way (the right way) and he goes in and supports. Is that not what he is supposed to do??

So, back to my question...

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I am glad that Trump is promoting a position to the public of getting out of the middle east conflicts that Bush/Obama got us into. Hopefully his talk will result in real changes. Its a start.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    There was a point when Obama had something like 100,000 troops in Afghanistan.. Now we have something like 7,200. That is pretty close to the level Obama had when we left. It may be slightly higher, but to insinuate that Trump has "higher troop levels" than Obama is ludicrous and misleading when you look at the actual numbers of troops Obama sent over to the Middle East throughout his Presidency.
    I was talking about Syria, Rand made the line about being the proudest of a US President when the politician Trump SAID he will withdraw troops from Syria.

I was talking about Syria, Rand made the line about being the proudest of a US President when the politician Trump SAID he will withdraw troops from Syria.
    Trump sent troops to Syria because Obama and Hillary were funneling money and weapons to rebels who were handing them over to ISIS.

Trump came in to Syria and took out ISIS, they are pretty much completely gone.

Now he is pulling the troops out.. but every time he tries, the neocons pull some false flag or something to try and suck him back in.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe Rand has influenced Trump on several things, or maybe it's not even influence, maybe it's just things they agree on in the first place but Rand is supporting and helping to nudge in the right direction. Things to do with foreign policy, America First, United Nations, NATO, Criminal justice reform, etc. Rand isn't an "arse-kisser". He sees opportunities for turning things around, he sees Trump leaning in a certain way (the right way) and he goes in and supports. Is that not what he is supposed to do??

So, back to my question...
    I think want he is supposed to be doing is to encourage him when he said the right things but then applaud and praise him when he followed that with actions. Rand just loses his shyte when Trump hints at doing the right thing. That to me crosses into arse kissing territory. And if you are wondering, I do not like it

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump sent troops to Syria because Obama and Hillary were funneling money and weapons to rebels who were handing them over to ISIS.

Trump came in to Syria and took out ISIS, they are pretty much completely gone.

Now he is pulling the troops out.. but every time he tries, the neocons pull some false flag or something to try and suck him back in.
    I refuse to believe u are this naive. The US did not send in 200 ish troop in NE Syria to fight Al Qaeda, they are there to help the Kurds secure Syrian land for themselves. The oil they are stealing right now deprives the rest of Syria valuable resources needed to rebuild. Add in the sanction on Syria tin order to see the real agenda. This is about the destruction and punishment of the Syrian state which is part of the neocon agenda. They are all following the same plan as Obama and Bush.

He would have withdrawn all the troops and leave Syria to Syrians take care of themselves if he was serious about not being the world's police man
    Last edited by juleswin; 10-10-2019 at 12:11 PM.

I think want he is supposed to be doing is to encourage him when he said the right things but then applaud and praise him when he followed that with actions. Rand just loses his shyte when Trump hints at doing the right thing. That to me crosses into arse kissing territory. And if you are wondering, I do not like it
    Ok, I get it. You think Rand is an "arse kisser".

Now back to my question.

Ok, I get it. You think Rand is an "arse kisser".

Now back to my question.
    My answer is NO for both pols. None of those 2.men has influenced Trump in any meaningful way. Did I answer the question?

My answer is NO for both pols. None of those 2.men has influenced Trump in any meaningful way. Did I answer the question?
    Yeah, you did. Finally.

And you think that neither have influenced Trump.
    ok. So who has the better chance of influencing Trump in the future?
    Rand or Amash?

I think we both know the answer, of course you'll say "neither" I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So if Amash was outwardly lobbying to keep troops in foreign entanglements than you are correct. Believing that Trump hasn't done much for the Non-Interventionist crowd is another thing and debatable.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Yeah, you did. Finally.

And you think that neither have influenced Trump.
    ok. So who has the better chance of influencing Trump in the future?
    Rand or Amash?

I think we both know the answer, of course you'll say "neither" I suspect.
    Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    So if Amash was outwardly lobbying to keep troops in foreign entanglements than you are correct. Believing that Trump hasn't done much for the Non-Interventionist crowd is another thing and debatable.

Failure to show the proper degree of deference to our Dear Leader is THE cardinal sin.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand
    I'm glad you feel that way, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    When somebody in a position of influence is spouting opinions that you agree with; but are wholly unpopular then it is best to back them up with agreement or at least keep your mouth shut. You don't start off attacking that person at that time; that is unless you don't really agree with them and don't want any change to occur -- or are just a whiny little bitch.

It occurs to me that if Trump had just kept his word on this any of the the first, what? 2? 3? more? times he gave it we wouldn't even be having this conversation now. But hey, THIS TIME for sure.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

When somebody in a position of influence is spouting opinions that you agree with; but are wholly unpopular then it is best to back them up with agreement or at least keep your mouth shut. You don't start off attacking that person at that time; that is unless you don't really agree with them and don't want any change to occur -- or are just a whiny little bitch.
    The idea is to attack him from any angle in order to discourage him from actually going through with it because he is not getting any support for the decision.

That's why Amash and the trolls here are jumping on him before there has been any time to see if he will actually do it, they are either part of the crowd that wants to stop the pullout or they are brainwashed and just repeat what they are told by people who really want to stop the pullout.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

By saying Trump hasn't really deescalated is siding with war mongers? That doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It occurs to me that if Trump had just kept his word on this any of the the first, what? 2? 3? more? times he gave it we wouldn't even be having this conversation now. But hey, THIS TIME for sure.
    Trumps a populist. He floats these trial balloons to see how much support he gets. If something doesn't get enough support he pulls back on it. It's been that way from day one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast