Thread: Trump defends Syria move: The Kurds 'didn't help us' in Normandy

Trump defends Syria move: The Kurds 'didn't help us' in Normandy

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...us-in-normandy

Germany didn't help us at Normandy either.

President Trump on Wednesday criticized the Kurds, saying they didn't help the United States during World War II and that they were only fighting for their land in Syria during the battle against ISIS.

“The Kurds are fighting for their land,” Trump told reporters at the White House during an event in the Roosevelt Room.

“And as somebody wrote in a very, very powerful article today, they didn’t help us in the second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy as an example. They mentioned names of different battles. But they’re there to help us with their land and that’s a different thing.”

Trump did not specify to which article he was referring, but some on Twitter pointed to an article written in TownHall by conservative Kurt Schlichter that included a reference to the Kurds and Normandy.

The remarks from Trump at the White House came as Turkey launched an offensive in northern Syria against Kurdish forces that had been allied with the United States in the fight on terror.

Trump paved the way for the Turkish offensive when he announced earlier this week, to a GOP furor, that he was withdrawing U.S. forces from that part of Syria. Some of Trump's staunchest Republican allies have ripped the move, calling it a betrayal of a loyal U.S. ally in the Kurds.

Trump insisted the U.S. has spent “tremendous amounts of money” helping the Kurds purchase ammunition and weapons.

“With all of that being said, we liked the Kurds,” Trump told reporters.

“When you say they’re fighting for us, yes, but they’re fighting for their land,” Trump added.

The White House announced the withdrawal of U.S. forces abruptly late Sunday after Trump spoke with Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

The U.S. military partnered with the Syrian Democratic Forces, led by the Kurds, in operations against ISIS. Turkey considers the Syrian Kurds to be a terrorist group.

Syrian Democratic Forces have denounced Trump's decision as a “stab in the back.”
    more at link.

Trump told reporters Wednesday afternoon that the captured terrorists were "really bad people who should go back to Europe."
    Trump "doesn't buy the argument that ISIS unchecked will follow us home," the source said they were told from members of the president's national security team.

If the ISIS fighters escape, they'll "go back to Europe," Trump said Wednesday.

There is "no plan" for the 10,000 ISIS detainees and 2,000 foreign fighters with the Kurds, all of whom have been guarded by the SDF, according to the source.

"There’s not a plan for any of that. The Turks are not" going to take responsibility for the ISIS detainees, the source said. "The Turks don’t see ISIS the same way we do."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-09-2019 at 06:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's right.

We need to stop acting like we owe the world security.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    They were no show in Vietnam too.
    And the War for Independence.

Damn. They really haven't done much for us. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Damn. They really haven't done much for us. <shrug>
    Well not us, but they have been a willing tool of the CIA for well over 50 years.

Trump says the silliest things ever. Israel did not help us in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq etc etc, by that logic we shouldn't be helping them. This is why I do not trust the man, his rationale for the things he does makes me thing that he would do a u turn when an adult explains the situation to him.

Another example is him pulling out of the climate deal because he thinks that the deal wasn't good for the US

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Trump says the silliest things ever. Israel did not help us in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq etc etc, by that logic we shouldn't be helping them. This is why I do not trust the man, his rationale for the things he does makes me thing that he would do a u turn when an adult explains the situation to him.

Another example is him pulling out of the climate deal because he thinks that the deal wasn't good for the US
    He is laying the groundwork for bringing the troops home from everywhere and you are complaining, that reveals a lot about you.
    And the climate deal was a disaster for the US.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He is laying the groundwork for bringing the troops home from everywhere and you are complaining, that reveals a lot about you.
    Imagine you have an overweight patient who told you that he stopped eating fast food because they don't deliver, I would be more worried for him than a patient who told me they stopped eating fast food because it was bad for him. Trump is the patient who stopped eating out pizza because they don't deliver. You know that they would continue their bad eating habits when he/she discovers ubereats.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now you're being not fair and balanced, the lobby funded his campaign, his top donor is on 3rd or 4th place on the Top Globalist Neconservatives list on this forum pinned in some section.
    National Enquirer/Jeffrey Epstein/Black Cube type characters most likely did not play any role despite unverified right wing conspiracy theories.

We will be out of Syria in 30 days- Trump: December 2018.

Imagine you have an overweight patient who told you that he stopped eating fast food because they don't deliver, I would be more worried for him than a patient who told me they stopped eating fast food because it was bad for him. Trump is the patient who stopped eating out pizza because they don't deliver. You know that they would continue their bad eating habits when he/she discovers ubereats.
    Nonsense, he is making the case that we don't owe the world security and that will lead to ending intervention all over, that is exactly what he should be saying.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well not us, but they have been a willing tool of the CIA for well over 50 years.
    Everyone is a willing tool of the C.I.A. Some just don't know it.

Nonsense, he is making the case that we don't owe the world security and that will lead to ending intervention all over, that is exactly what he should be saying.
    This could lead to a new wave of refugees heading to Europe and the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    This could lead to a new wave of refugees heading to Europe and the US.
    We and the EU should keep them out, Trump has been doing that for us.

You will try ANY excuse to keep us spending American lives to serve Israel and the MIC, you are disgusting.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We and the EU should keep them out, Trump has been doing that for us.

You will try ANY excuse to keep us spending American lives to serve Israel and the MIC, you are disgusting.
    Fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Fake news.
    People can see what you are doing, denying it won't help.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the top 5 MAIN reasons why I supported Ron Paul in 2008, was to end all these foreign wars. If he really follows through with this, I will call myself a Trump supporter. He is starting to take flack from all side for this.

I am a former Marine. If I truly believed that giving my blood over there would benefit my kids with liberty, I would grab a gun and go. If you truly believe the propaganda, and believe we are abandoning the Kurds, GRAB A GUN and risk YOUR LIFE. Otherwise, shut up and support this decision that no other president has had the balls to do since Reagan brought the troops out if Lebennon.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    One of the top 5 MAIN reasons why I supported Ron Paul in 2008, was to end all these foreign wars. If he really follows through with this, I will call myself a Trump supporter. He is starting to take flack from all side for this.

I am a former Marine. If I truly believed that giving my blood over there would benefit my kids with liberty, I would grab a gun and go. If you truly believe the propaganda, and believe we are abandoning the Kurds, GRAB A GUN and risk YOUR LIFE. Otherwise, shut up and support this decision that no other president has had the balls to do since Reagan brought the troops out if Lebennon.
    The trolls are mad that he didn't start a war with Turkey.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The trolls are mad that he didn't start a war with Turkey.
    It's amazing how strong the propaganda is. Social media is going nuts over this. Peacenik Democrats and Neocons are demanding that we further entrench ourselves in a conflict that we never should have gotten into in the first place. People I have known for years are buying into this. I guess the vast majority of Americans love war if the fevor can be ginned up with a days worth of newscast.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    It's amazing how strong the propaganda is. Social media is going nuts over this. Peacenik Democrats and Neocons are demanding that we further entrench ourselves in a conflict that we never should have gotten into in the first place. People I have known for years are buying into this. I guess the vast majority of Americans love war if the fevor can be ginned up with a days worth of newscast.
    The idea that we owe the world security has been drummed into the populace since WWII, that's why Trump saying we don't is so important and why trolls like Jules and zippy attack that particular message.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I mean technically he's right. LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

If he is really pulling out completely, then I'm behind him 100%. Screw the caterwauling.

"The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The irony is that I'm seeing calls for implementing a No Fly Zone over Syria to prevent a bloodbath of Kurds by the Turks.

A No Fly Zone is exactly what US wanted from the start. That would be some real 43D chess.

--------------------------
    Video of an abandoned US FOB in Syria at link. It's all plywood and nails and a few AC units but Halliburton probably charged us (CIA) $5 million for it.

https://www.rt.com/news/470490-us-ba...andoned-video/
    Last edited by devil21; 10-10-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If he is really pulling out completely, then I'm behind him 100%. Screw the caterwauling.

Trump- March, 2017. We will be out of Syria very soon.

Trump- December 2018. We will be out of Syria in 30 days.

He says a lot of things he never does. And changes his mind often.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-10-2019 at 10:58 AM.