Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Worried for Kurds in Syria, abandoned by US? Here’s an obvious solution...

  1. #1

    Worried for Kurds in Syria, abandoned by US? Here’s an obvious solution...

    Worried for Kurds in Syria, abandoned by US? Here’s an obvious solution but it will make Washington hawks MAD
    written by nebojsa malic - october 8, 2019

    US President Donald Trump’s decision to pull out US troops from northern Syria has been met with bipartisan outrage, calling it a “betrayal” of the Kurds. Wait till the regime-changers hear the obvious solution to keep them safe.
    ...
    Trump’s detractors in Washington have denounced his decision as a “betrayal” of the Kurds, accusing the president of abandoning the force that the Pentagon has used as boots on the ground against IS in eastern Syria. Recall that it was the Kurdish-led “Syrian Democratic Forces” (SDF) that liberated Raqqa – “capital” of Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) – in October 2017.

    Thing is, the Obama administration sought to create some kind of parallel government in those territories, in line with its policy of demanding regime change in Damascus and the overthrow of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

    If Kurdish leaders thought this would somehow translate into support for statehood, or dominion over traditionally Arab-majority territories, they were dangerously deluded.
    ...
    While Ankara thinks nothing of attacking the Kurds, it is hard to imagine it would dare open fire on Syrian troops – or the Russians fighting alongside them. The obvious solution for the Kurds is to make a deal with Damascus and secure the protection of the Syrian government that the US could never provide. This would keep them safe, while keeping Damascus happy and Ankara without grounds to object.
    ...
    More: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...ton-hawks-mad/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Syrian Kurds Say 'Partnership' With Assad Or Russia Likely If Turkey Invades
    MAGA 3D.

    But won't be surprised if history repeats itself and we see many of them meeting and greeting iat a beautiful ceremony at the White House or in another US territory. Freedom has unexpected outcomes sometimes.


    U.S. Begins Flying Kurdish Refugees to Guam - Los Angeles Times
    A first group of 792 Kurdish refugees, fearing reprisals for their ties to U.S. aid groups in northern Iraq, flew out of Turkey on Monday, headed for the American island of Guam and a new life in the United States.
    An additional 1,422 Kurds were to be flown to Guam’s Anderson Air Force Base aboard five charter flights in the next few days. The airlift, from the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir, was expected to be concluded by Thursday, the State Department said.

  5. #4
    Agree with initial post..Kurds leadership need to align themselves with President Assad.

    Will they do what's best for themselves.... who knows?

    Strange bunch

  6. #5
    For all I care, kill them all, the Kurds are the worst kind of traitors anywhere in the world. They take advantage of any invasion to look out for themselves. Illegal US invasion in Iraq, they side with the US, the same in Syria etc etc.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Oh, that would make too much sense.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  8. #7
    Those extremists we hired to fight our proxy war to overthrow Assad would fight for anyone if the price was right. Let ‘em all fight it out amongst themselves.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  9. #8
    An obvious and easy solution yet the government won't abide by it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    For all I care, kill them all, the Kurds are the worst kind of traitors anywhere in the world. They take advantage of any invasion to look out for themselves. Illegal US invasion in Iraq, they side with the US, the same in Syria etc etc.
    Should they have sided with the equally illegal Iraqi regime that had recently before that bombed them with chemical weapons? It may be that they were not so much supporting the US invasion for its own sake as taking advantage of the opportunity it gave them by weakening their common enemy.

    And even if those Kurds who did fight against Saddam's regime were wrong to do so and deserving of death for it, why would all the others, including many alive now who hadn't even been born yet then, also be deserving of death for that?
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 10-09-2019 at 07:55 AM.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Should they have sided with the equally illegal Iraqi regime that had recently before that bombed them with chemical weapons? It may be that they were not so much supporting the US invasion for its own sake as taking advantage of the opportunity it gave them by weakening their common enemy.

    And even if those Kurds who did fight against Saddam's regime were wrong to do so and deserving of death for it, why would all the others, including many alive now who hadn't even been born yet then, also be deserving of death for that?
    The Kurds sided with the Iranian govt during the war with Iraq, the traitorous nature of the kurds always gets them into undermining the state they live in inorder to steal land for their ethnostate.

    So it sucks they were gassed in 89 but that is the risk you take for siding with the enemy and going against the state.

    And why should the current Kurds be punished for the crimes of their forefathers? I am not calling for that. The current Kurds in Syria and Iraq have taken advantage of the US attack on the country to take territory for themselves. This is an ongoing crisis and one that will never go away until they create their ethnostate. I will promise you that a new set of Kurds will try again the next time an invader comes knocking. You take care of this problem now and it's less enemy you get to fight in the next war. I hate to be like this but this is reality. The Kurds that don't want to be driven away can join the rest of the general Syrian community
    Last edited by juleswin; 10-09-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  13. #11
    Kurds should have taken the deal by Assad and Russia. America wont be protecting them,

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The Kurds sided with the Iranian govt during the war with Iraq, the traitorous nature of the kurds always gets them into undermining the state they live in inorder to steal land for their ethnostate.
    How is that traitorous? Do you think they owe some allegiance to the regime that subjugates them without their consent?

  15. #13


    I have no sympathy for communists!

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    How is that traitorous? Do you think they owe some allegiance to the regime that subjugates them without their consent?
    Subjugated them in what way? You live in statist country, act accordingly. If you as a nomadic tribe decides to shyte in the face of a country that welcomed you to their home, then don't be shocked at their readiness to strike back.

    The same Kurds are shutting down Arab school, collecting taxes and ruling over the Arabs that live in the area where they occupy without their consent.

    I hate to say it but the solution for the Kurdish problem would be some kind of expulsion. This group cannot be trusted.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Subjugated them in what way? You live in statist country, act accordingly.
    That may be prudent advice to someone who wants to avoid problems. But it doesn't change the fact that they are within their rights to rebel and owe no allegiance to the ruling regime. To charge them with treason implies that owe allegiance to the ruler they refuse to bow to for reasons rooted in justice, and not simply that ruler's own made up laws.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    That may be prudent advice to someone who wants to avoid problems. But it doesn't change the fact that they are within their rights to rebel and owe no allegiance to the ruling regime. To charge them with treason implies that owe allegiance to the ruler they refuse to bow to for reasons rooted in justice, and not simply that ruler's own made up laws.
    The Kurds live in North East of Syria but they used the disruption from the war to take all the land all East of the Euphrates. You know it would be one thing if these people did not subjugate the people in the areas they occupied, did not work with the US, did not steal oil and gas lands for themselves.

    I think it would be justified for the Kurds to try and steal land for themselves and also justified for the Syrian govt to hunt them all down for expulsion or extermination. A country should not be made to coexist with a group that is prone to backstab.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The Kurds live in North East of Syria but they used the disruption from the war to take all the land all East of the Euphrates. You know it would be one thing if these people did not subjugate the people in the areas they occupied, did not work with the US, did not steal oil and gas lands for themselves.

    I think it would be justified for the Kurds to try and steal land for themselves and also justified for the Syrian govt to hunt them all down for expulsion or extermination. A country should not be made to coexist with a group that is prone to backstab.
    Groups as abstractions that can be treated separately from their individual members don't do those things. Only individuals do. Individuals who commit unjust actions should individually be held accountable, each one individually only for the specific unjust actions of which they as an individual are guilty.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    For all I care, kill them all, the Kurds are the worst kind of traitors anywhere in the world. They take advantage of any invasion to look out for themselves. Illegal US invasion in Iraq, they side with the US, the same in Syria etc etc.

    The way I read what you say is that you dislike the Kurds because they aren't primitive monkeys. They embrace evil Western corporations and want to live in the First World.

    And they committed the really big sin in your eyes of siding with the evil US after being gassed by the heroic Saddam Hussein. Absolutely shameful they wouldn't take their nerve gas like good boys and girls.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The way I read what you say is that you dislike the Kurds because they aren't primitive monkeys. They embrace evil Western corporations and want to live in the First World.

    And they committed the really big sin in your eyes of siding with the evil US after being gassed by the heroic Saddam Hussein. Absolutely shameful they wouldn't take their nerve gas like good boys and girls.
    The way I read your reply is that you have difficulty reading and comprehending my post. My issue with the traitorous nomadic tribe is that they are selfish backstabbers. They attacked Iraq before they were ever gassed and that is the risk you take for attacking your host.

    Sad that you have no issues living with a barbaric tribe whose sole goal is to steal and kill you when you are down on your luck.
    Last edited by juleswin; 10-09-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The way I read what you say is that you dislike the Kurds because they aren't primitive monkeys. They embrace evil Western corporations and want to live in the First World.

    And they committed the really big sin in your eyes of siding with the evil US after being gassed by the heroic Saddam Hussein. Absolutely shameful they wouldn't take their nerve gas like good boys and girls.
    And to be honest with u, I could care less if they worked with the Nigerians to backstab their host country. The ungrateful bunch did what they did multiple times now and in my book that calls for at a minimum an expulsion.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Groups as abstractions that can be treated separately from their individual members don't do those things. Only individuals do. Individuals who commit unjust actions should individually be held accountable, each one individually only for the specific unjust actions of which they as an individual are guilty.
    That's nonsense, groups exist and people make themselves members of them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



Similar Threads

  1. Kurds opt out of first local elections in Syria since 2011
    By Swordsmyth in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2018, 01:01 PM
  2. Erdogan dismisses pledges over weapons for Kurds in Syria
    By Swordsmyth in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2017, 04:22 PM
  3. Why Does The U.S. Like Iraq's Kurds But Not Syria's?
    By orenbus in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 11:13 AM
  4. Syria’s Kurds prepare for life after Assad, Look at the Flag
    By AngryCanadian in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 02:50 AM
  5. The Obvious Solution is . . .
    By Scribbler de Stebbing in forum Fox Boycott
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •