Thread: Spooks Turned Spox: US Media Now Filled With Former Intelligence Agents

Spooks Turned Spox: US Media Now Filled With Former Intelligence Agents

Spooks Turned Spox: US Media Now Filled With Former Intelligence Agents

After years in the shadows overseeing espionage, kill programs, warrantless wiretapping, entrapment, psyops and other covert operations, national security establishment retirees are are turning to a new line of work where they can carry out their imperial duties.

That is, propagandizing the public on cable news. Reborn as cable news pundits, these people are cashing in. So many years working in the dark, only to emerge in the studio lights of the same networks that rail all day everyday against state TV from countries that America hates.

I'm talking about people like...

Below is but a partial list of prominent former spooks turned mainstream media pundits and analysts, to say nothing of the even greater numbers of retired generals the network continuously rely on.

Former CIA Director John Brennan who is now an NBC News senior national security and intelligence analyst.

Fran Townsend, former homeland security advisor to George W. Bush. She's now a CBS News senior national security analyst

But CNN takes the cake — it's the biggest spook show of all.

Jim Clapper, former Director of National Intelligence, now a CNN national security analyst.

Retired General Michael Hayden, former director of the CIA and the NSA, now a CNN national security analyst.

Asha Rangappa, former FBI special agent, now CNN legal analyst.

James Gagliano, a retired FBI supervisory special agent, now a CNN law enforcement analyst.

Tony Bliken, former deputy secretary of state and former deputy national security advisor, and now CNN global affairs analyst.

Mike Rogers, former chair of the House Intelligence Committee, now CNN national security commentator.

Samantha Vinograd senior advisor to the national security advisor under President Obama, now CNN national security analyst.

Steven Hall, retired CIA chief of Russia operations, now a CNN national security analyst.

Philip Mudd, former CIA counter-terrorism official, now CNN counter-terrorism analyst.

...Welcome to the spook show!
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ence-officials
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And they can all thank President Trump for allowing themselves to have those positions.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Could this be in part for 'self-defense' considering recent headlines about threats to and deaths of journalists/media personalities?

Harvey Weinstein paid ex-spies and private detectives to find dirt on accusers and journalists
    The once powerful producer Weinstein paid private security agencies to ... officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies, Farrow reported. ... officer of American Media Inc., which publishes the National Enquirer.

Enquirer bureau chief who spoke about its “catch-and-kill” practices dies suddenly
    August 20, 2019
    A former LA bureau chief of the National Enquirer who spoke openly about the supermarket tabloid’s “catch-and-kill” practices died suddenly on a street in Palm Springs, Calif., in the early hours of Aug. 13.
    Jerry George, 63, was found dead around 2 a.m. only a few blocks from home.
    “The police told me that he hit his head,” said John Toia, George’s husband of 11 years.
    Toia said the coroner had not yet established a definitive cause of death, but George’s wallet and cellphone were still with him when he was discovered by police, who responded to a 911 call about a man down on a street.
    “They knocked on my door around 4 a.m. and said Jerry was dead,” said Toia.

Anthony Bourdain‏ Verified account @Bourdain
    There’s a nauseating symmetry: both Trump and Weinstein used AMI(Enquirer) and Black Cube (Israeli private Intel) to do their dirty work
    4:38 PM - 6 May 2018
    https://twitter.com/bourdain/status/...099520?lang=en

Anthony Bourdain's death: No narcotics in his system at time of death, official says
    USA TODAY Published June 22, 2018
    CNN reported on June 8 that Bourdain's friend chef Eric Ripert found him unresponsive in his hotel room in Kaysersberg, located in the eastern region of Alsace, close to the German border. Bourdain, 61, was there shooting footage for his CNN show "Parts Unknown."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ort/725862002/

... aaaaaaannndd the ministry of truth is in place.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    These people are the enemy of freedom.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Could this be in part for 'self-defense' considering recent headlines about threats to and deaths of journalists/media personalities?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Like Anderson Cooper, some of them become actual anchors, not just “expert” guests.

Here’s an example:

Gillian Turner joined the staff of the White House National Security Council (NSC) in Washington, D.C., where Turner worked for 4-years in 2 Presidential Administrations.

Amid the George Bush organization, Gillian Turner worked as a Research Assistant in the Office of the National Security Adviser, where she had the view of being one of the youngest winners of the National Security Council Outstanding Service Award.

Turner was later chosen for a research place in the National Security Adviser's office. At that point, she researched and wrote papers on different territorial and topical issues important to the President and his national security staff.

Gillian Turner turned into a part of White House National Security of Barack Obama in 2006 and proceeded on the NSC staff through the move of Administrations. She worked there as the Acting Director of Legislative Affairs, a part that she acknowledged and kept up for just about two years.
    Turner completed a program of study overseas and came back to the US and acknowledged a position with Jones Group International. The Company provides political consulting, advisory, and lobbying services.
    The President of the firm James Jones previously served as National Security Adviser to President Obama and previous Supreme Allied Commander of NATO. Her essential obligation is to give the ability to national security, international affairs, and energy policy issues to our association's customers.
    https://marriedwiki.com/wiki/gillian-turner
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Something tells me that if Hillary was president we wouldn't be seeing them in the spotlight.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner