Thread: Syrian Kurds Say 'Partnership' With Assad Or Russia Likely If Turkey Invades

Syrian Kurds Say 'Partnership' With Assad Or Russia Likely If Turkey Invades

As we predicted in the wake of the White House's late Sunday announcement that “Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria” and that American troops will withdraw from the "immediate area" this will ensure that the United States' Kurdish proxies in Syria, now in Erdogan's cross hairs, will quickly do a deal with "the devil we know" that is, come under the protection of Assad and the Syrian Army.
    On Monday the commander of the US trained and armed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), Mazlum Abdi, indicated just that in a bombshell statement. “We are considering a partnership with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, with the aim of fighting Turkish forces,” he said.

"This is one of the options we have on the table," the top SDF commander added. In the statement he further called on the American people to put pressure on President Donald Trump to stay the course in northeast Syria.

Concerning talks with Damascus, which have actually been quietly occurring off and on for months (possibly years), the Syrian Kurdish parties are no longer negotiating from a position of strength, and will have little choice but the cede much of their prior autonomy to the Syrian state once protective US forces finally exit.
    A separate top Syrian Kurdish official Badran Jia Kurd, told Reuters:
    “If America vacates the area and especially the border area for certain we, as a self administration and as the SDF, will be forced to study all the available options.”
    “At that time we may hold talks with Damascus or the Russian side to fill the void or block the Turkish attack, so this may develop and there could be meetings and contacts in case of a vacuum,” he added.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...turkey-invades
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's fine. Keep my kids out of that mess. Let another country waste its blood in that sand for a change.

The Middle East is a vital part of the world, we all depend on that. I am not sure what the result will entail by this. May be nothing change. But Islamic state began years before 2014, perhaps from 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    The Middle East is a vital part of the world, we all depend on that. I am not sure what the result will entail by this. May be nothing change. But Islamic state began years before 2014, perhaps from 2004.
    Let me know when you head over there to fight them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is what I mean, especially about you. You seem to think, oh the people who question the idea of a regional deployment, don't get that in order maintain your way of life, somebody has to do so. It is easy to get trapped into thinking well, if our country just leaves, it will be fine.

While the Irish have never had to deal with terrorism except for what happened in the 1970's in Dublin, they don't face direct threat from the Middle East because they are small, and only have the reputation for peacekeeping there, like Lebanon. In truth, it just gives the Irish citizens who serve a wage, and a pension. So it is artificial, they don't have an arms trade, and they are neutral, but aligned for peace with Nato, and take a US focus on the world. And are part of the EU that supports their economy.

But in truth, they are protected by the UK, EU and US. They don't have to fight the wars or do what the US does, or Britain or France.

This is what I mean, especially about you. You seem to think, oh the people who question the idea of a regional deployment, don't get that in order maintain your way of life, somebody has to do so. It is easy to get trapped into thinking well, if our country just leaves, it will be fine.

While the Irish have never had to deal with terrorism except for what happened in the 1970's in Dublin, they don't face direct threat from the Middle East because they are small, and only have the reputation for peacekeeping there, like Lebanon. In truth, it just gives the Irish citizens who serve a wage, and a pension. So it is artificial, they don't have an arms trade, and they are neutral, but aligned for peace with Nato, and take a US focus on the world. And are part of the EU that supports their economy.

But in truth, they are protected by the UK, EU and US. They don't have to fight the wars or do what the US does, or Britain or France.
    Get lost and quit demanding that everyone else provide you with what you want and especially quit trying to tell them how to do it.

You are a worthless drain on the world, when you die a natural death the world will be a better place.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://apply.army.mod.uk/

Its not the US's concern if that ends up being the case. Put your big boy pants on and take care of it yourselves.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well it is, Mr sociopaths, no care about anyone else but yourselves.

If you want the world to have no leadership, then every other country would need to take turns at policing the world. You think the US can be like Mongolia or Iceland.

If Iceland had to have a talk with Nato, they then may leave and have nobody to defend them. They considered a defense, but in 2007 they voted no to any, I guess since they were too small in numbers for anything credible. May be a Kosovan security type force, but it is weak, a nice example of a small security, no official standing Army apparatus or uniforms.

I'd rather be a sociopath than a pussy that wants others to fight for them.

If you want the world to have no leadership, then every other country would need to take turns at policing the world. You think the US can be like Mongolia or Iceland.

If Iceland had to have a talk with Nato, they then may leave and have nobody to defend them. They considered a defense, but in 2007 they voted no to any, I guess since they were too small in numbers for anything credible. May be a Kosovan security type force, but it is weak, a nice example of a small security, no official standing Army apparatus or uniforms.
    You are the sociopath who only cares about himself and demands that everyone else give you what you demand for free no matter the cost to them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

None of you butt wipes do the fighting, it is always the working class, who left high school with few good grades. Of course the Modern Army requires some education and has done for a while.

On the one hand, a religious nutty world, while at the same time, the conflicts of interest of living a nice comfortable live while many in the world don't want to take up the role of a UN shared policing of the world. Only the poor countries with no empire history do, and the bigger bullies and former empires, and bullies still play their dominate games for resources and power, money.

This is the real world, so Mr paul lives in a naive world of if you leave us alone, we will leave you alone. Deep down, those top US generals know a good few of their top brass will be out of a job, but at the same time, they made their mess by living a society that wanted to drive a car everywhere.

None of you butt wipes do the fighting, it is always the working class, who left high school with few good grades. Of course the Modern Army requires some education and has done for a while.

On the one hand, a religious nutty world, while at the same time, the conflicts of interest of living a nice comfortable live while many in the world don't want to take up the role of a UN shared policing of the world. Only the poor countries with no empire history do, and the bigger bullies and former empires, and bullies still play their dominate games for resources and power, money.

This is the real world, so Mr paul lives in a naive world of if you leave us alone, we will leave you alone. Deep down, those top US generals know a good few of their top brass will be out of a job, but at the same time, they made their mess by living a society that wanted to drive a car everywhere.
    Do you know how many veterans or relatives of military members you are talking to?

Go fight or clam up.
    @JoshLowry, if you want to look over post histories this guy is a gold mine of insults and communism.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Do you know how many veterans or relatives of military members you are talking to?

Go fight or clam up.
    @JoshLowry, if you want to look over post histories this guy is a gold mine of insults and communism.
    Yeah, it sucks to be a veteran especially if conscripted, but everybody has a choice at running, now don't they.

Yeah, it sucks to be a veteran especially if conscripted, but everybody has a choice at running, now don't they.
    You are a parasite daring to direct your betters what to do, you don't get a say.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment