Thread: Trump: 'We're Leaving Syria.' Neocons Go Nuts!

Trump: 'We're Leaving Syria.' Neocons Go Nuts!

Trump: 'We're Leaving Syria.' Neocons Go Nuts!

President Trump has indicated that he will fulfill one of his central campaign promises - to get the US out of the endless wars in the Middle East and elsewhere. He has directed US troops to begin withdrawing from parts of northeast Syria in advance of an expected Turkish incursion into the region. Neocons screech that this will mean a comeback for ISIS and that abandoning the Kurds is treachery. They want to continue the "successful" Obama policy of eight years.

Keep the Liberty Report alive with a tax-deductible donation: RonPaulInstitute.org/support
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    According to some here though, Trump is a warmonger.

How many wars has Trump started? I forget.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

He is the only President in the last 30 years who hasn't started any new wars.
    He deserves some credit on that issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Didn't you get the memo?
    This is Trump causing a war between Turkey and Syria.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It's time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's time.
    Deus Vult!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The spambot is going ballistic and trying to portray Trump's pulling out of Syria as a bad thing, it obviously has a zionist warmonger agenda in spite of its attempts to feign otherwise, Trump has never been the warmonger it wants so it has constantly tried to trick those who support him for not being a warmonger into rejecting him so he can be replaced by a zionist approved warmonger.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Q Mr. President, are you confident that — are you confident that these gentlemen — I guess, mostly who are sitting around you — believe what you’re doing in Syria is the best idea at this point?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’ve been in Syria for a long time.
    And it was supposed to be a very short hit, and — hit on ISIS. But it didn’t work out that way. They never left. And they’ve been there for many, many years. And we are — we were down to very few soldiers in Syria. We had 50 in the region that you’re talking about — 50 soldiers — and they’ve been already moved out.

But we’ll see what happens with respect to a lot of different things. We’ve told Turkey — I spoke with President Erdoğan of Turkey, and I said, “Got to treat them good, and you got to take care of ISIS.” Don’t forget, we’ve captured — we defeated — this group, largely — defeated ISIS. One hundred percent of the caliphate. One hundred percent. And we wanted to do 100 percent. I was going to do this nine months ago, and we were not at 100 percent, but we were pretty close. Everyone said, “Can we get to 100 percent?” Now I get to 100 percent, and they say, “Well, maybe we could stay longer.” I say, “Well, when do we get out?” There’s got to be a time we get out. We have to bring our people back home.
    And frankly, our great soldiers have been talking about this on the campaign. You go back three years ago and more, and you watch the speeches. We want to bring our soldiers back home. These are the endless wars.
    And we’re not fighting; we’re policing, to a large extent. We’re policing in certain areas. We’re not police, we’re — these are fighters, great fighters; the greatest in the world. And that’s what they do.
    So I’ve told President Erdoğan — I hope he’s going to treat everybody with great respect. You have to understand, they’ve been fighting various of the people that we were working with, and they — Turkey has been fighting them for many years. Somebody said hundreds of years. You had just mentioned to me yesterday, 200 years, maybe more.
    At some point, we have to bring our people back home. And that’s what we’re doing. That’s what we’re doing.
    Q Is it a firm decision, sir?
    THE PRESIDENT: It’s always a firm decision. Last time I made a firm decision, but — and I said, “We’ll do it over a period of time.” We’ve been doing this, actually, over a period of time — over a very long period of time. And we’ve been working with the people in this room, and our soldiers have been coming back over that period of time.

More at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...itary-leaders/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    And that's why the trolls show up every time he stays out of a war or starts to pull us out of one to undermine him.
    They want multiple new wars not the end of old ones.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I am glad to see Ron shining light on this. At least he shows support and encouragement in the right ways for Trump.

Undeclared war is bad.

These two blokes discussing the aftermath of change like it is nothing, Mr Paul was being a little naive there, it is all because we had our people over here, well true, but if you want to keep firing up the motor for petroleum, you'll keep getting involved in war. Live like Mongolia. Or how it used to, it still is the way it is, but it has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The spambot is going ballistic and trying to portray Trump's pulling out of Syria as a bad thing, it obviously has a zionist warmonger agenda in spite of its attempts to feign otherwise, Trump has never been the warmonger it wants so it has constantly tried to trick those who support him for not being a warmonger into rejecting him so he can be replaced by a zionist approved warmonger.

It is all he knows.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    These two blokes discussing the aftermath of change like it is nothing, Mr Paul was being a little naive there, it is all because we had our people over here, well true, but if you want to keep firing up the motor for petroleum, you'll keep getting involved in war. Live like Mongolia. Or how it used to, it still is the way it is, but it has changed.
    Go and fight yourself if you feel that way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hopefully this actually happens but until then I'll remain skeptical.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why didn't these warmongering $#@!s care the last couple times we left the kurds to be demolished? The Kurds had to have expected it by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Why didn't these warmongering $#@!s care the last couple times we left the kurds to be demolished? The Kurds had to have expected it by this point.
    They would have to be seriously deluded to believe otherwise.
    They are as bad as Republican voters.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I would love to see us out of the area altogether,,, but that ain't happening..

We are only moving out of the way of the existing threat,,and letting them do the grunt work,,, until we jump back in.

Talk is just hot air.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They would have to be seriously deluded to believe otherwise.
    They are as bad as Republican voters.
    Seriously, we have setup and then left the Kurds to be annihilated under almost every presidency since at least the 50s.

According to Ron, this episode was watched live by a larger than normal audience. Seems that a lot of people wanted to get Ron’s take on this.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...05659568283648

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...05661300559872

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Fake news
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trump said the approximately 1,000 U.S. troops who had been partnering with local Kurdish fighters to battle IS in northern Syria are leaving the country. They will remain in the Middle East, he said, to "monitor the situation" and to prevent a revival of IS — a goal that even Trump's allies say has become much harder as a result of the U.S. pullout.

American troops consolidated their positions in northern Syria on Monday and prepared to evacuate equipment in advance of a full withdrawal, a U.S. defense official said.
    The official, who was not authorized to be quoted by name, said U.S. officials were weighing options for a potential future counter-IS campaign, including the possibility of waging it with a combination of air power and special operations forces based outside Syria, perhaps in Iraq.
    The hurried preparations for a U.S. exit were triggered by Trump's decision Saturday to expand a limited troop pullout into a complete withdrawal.

The only exception to the U.S. withdrawal from Syria is a group of perhaps 200 troops who will remain at a base called Tanf in southern Syria near the Jordanian border along the strategically important Baghdad-to-Damascus highway. Those troops work with Syrian opposition forces unrelated to the Kurdish-led fighters in northern Syria.
    Esper said the U.S. withdrawal would be done carefully to protect the troops and to ensure no U.S. equipment was left behind. He declined to say how long that might take.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/us-pulling-no...043158088.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.