Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 84

Thread: Turkey set to invade Syria; US to remove forces from area

  1. #1

    Exclamation Turkey set to invade Syria; US to remove forces from area

    Turkey is set to invade Syria, as the country had been threatening in recent months, with the U.S. saying it will remove all of its forces from the "immediate area," according to the White House.

    The news came late Sunday after President Donald Trump spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by phone earlier in the day.

    "Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria," the White House said in a statement late Sunday. "The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial 'Caliphate,' will no longer be in the immediate area."

    The White House also confirmed that Turkey will take possession of all captured ISIS fighters from the past two years.
    "The United States Government has pressed France, Germany, and other European nations, from which many captured ISIS fighters came, to take them back, but they did not want them and refused," the U.S. said in it statement. "The United States will not hold them for what could be many years and great cost to the United States taxpayer."
    Trump and Erdogan agreed to meet at the White House in November, Turkish state media reported, though the White House did not mention that in its statement.

    More at: https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=66103777
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    So hard to tell what Erdogan is really up to now.
    I was sure He would be gone by now, after shooting down the Russian fighter/bomber.
    This could be part of the great betrayal.

    It appears America is going to abandon the Kurds fully.
    Leaving it to Assad to protect them.

    They should have never tried to breakaway from Syria.

  4. #3

    Trump Endorses Turkish Military Operation in Syria, Shifting U.S. Policy

    In a major shift in United States military policy in Syria, the White House said on Sunday that President Trump had given his endorsement for a Turkish military operation that would sweep away American-backed Kurdish forces near the border in Syria.

    Turkey considers the Kurdish fighters to be a terrorist insurgency, and has long sought to end American support for the group. But the Kurdish group, known as the Syrian Democratic Forces, or S.D.F., has been the United Statesí most reliable partner in fighting the Islamic State in a strategic corner of northern Syria.

    Now, Mr. Trumpís decision goes against the recommendations of top officials in the Pentagon and the State Department who have sought to keep a small troop presence in northeast Syria to continue operations against the Islamic State, or ISIS, and to act as a critical counterweight to Iran and Russia.

    Administration officials said that Mr. Trump spoke directly with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey on the issue on Sunday. And the officials indicated that the 100 to 150 United States military personnel deployed to that area would be pulled back in advance of any Turkish operation but that they would not be completely withdrawn from Syria.

    ďTurkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria,Ē the White House said in a statement released just before 11 p.m. in Washington. ďThe United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial ĎCaliphate,í will no longer be in the immediate area.Ē

    It was unclear how extensive the Turkish operation would be, or whether Turkish forces would clash with the American-backed Kurds, a development that could jeopardize many of the counterterrorism gains achieved by the American military in the fight against ISIS.

    Last December, Mr. Trump called for a complete United States withdrawal from Syria, but ultimately reversed himself after a backlash from Pentagon, diplomatic and intelligence officials, as well as important allies in Europe and the Middle East.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/u...key-syria.html
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken


    I don't hate you. You're just some person on the internet who believes in things that aren't real.

  5. #4
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Duplicate
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rces-from-area

    Nice way of wording the headline to make it look like trump pulling out of Syria is actually Trump endorsing war.

    Nice neocon touch.
    Last edited by UWDude; 10-07-2019 at 09:30 AM.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    So hard to tell what Erdogan is really up to now.
    I was sure He would be gone by now, after shooting down the Russian fighter/bomber.
    This could be part of the great betrayal.

    It appears America is going to abandon the Kurds fully.
    Leaving it to Assad to protect them.

    They should have never tried to breakaway from Syria.
    It won't be long before the withdrawal is complete, certainly before Nov. 2020.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #6
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Wow, October has been epic, and we still have Brexit to finish the month off.

    Looks like World War III is about to get to it.

    Got Houthis blowing up 5.7M bbl a day and capturing 2500 soldiers.

    Got the deep state trying to pull off one last desperate coup.

    Yeah, this one has been pretty amazing.

    Election is still over a year away.

  8. #7
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It won't be long before the withdrawal is complete, certainly before Nov. 2020.
    Haters gonna cry. They would rather have Trump be in Syria, because they wanna be right.
    They word it like "Trump endorsing" an invasion, when America has said, "you take these ISIS guys, and we are leaving."
    Erdogan been talking Palestine lately.

    Wonder what he is up to.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Haters gonna cry. They would rather have Trump be in Syria, because they wanna be right.
    They word it like "Trump endorsing" an invasion, when America has said, "you take these ISIS guys, and we are leaving."
    Don't be surprised if some of them start wailing for the Kurds, Gabbard will for sure.
    "Endorsing the invasion" is a neat little twisting to make a reduction in intervention sound like an increase in intervention but nobody but the TDS brigade is stupid enough to fall for it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Don't be surprised if some of them start wailing for the Kurds, Gabbard will for sure.
    Yup. Joined one month after the Iraq war started, claims to have joined after Sep 11, technically true, but a lie.
    Now we see the Kurdish war crack she is about to try to sell to Jimmy Dore. I think he will not fall for it.

    "Endorsing the invasion" is a neat little twisting to make a reduction in intervention sound like an increase in intervention but nobody but the TDS brigade is stupid enough to fall for it.
    Cute, eh? One of the little tools was late. Beat him to it.
    He cry now. He still tried. Although this was literally at the top at the time.


    I wonder how Assad reacts.
    Kurds gonna cry. We promised them a new country with American blood, now we are leaving them to get dusted by their most hated enemy.
    They made a deal with the devil. Time to pay the piper.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Yup. Joined one month after the Iraq war started, claims to have joined after Sep 11, technically true, but a lie.
    Now we see the Kurdish war crack she is about to try to sell to Jimmy Dore. I think he will not fall for it.



    Cute, eh? One of the little tools was late. Beat him to it.
    He cry now. He still tried. Although this was literally at the top at the time.


    I wonder how Assad reacts.
    Kurds gonna cry. We promised them a new country with American blood, now we are leaving them to get dusted by their most hated enemy.
    They made a deal with the devil. Time to pay the piper.
    I think Assad will sit and wait, Russia will back him up to drive out the Turks once Turkey starts a war with Greece over Cyprus and NATO won't be able to take a side.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #11
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think Assad will sit and wait, Russia will back him up to drive out the Turks once Turkey starts a war with Greece over Cyprus and NATO won't be able to take a side.
    very interesting. I was thinking Assad wait for the Kurds and Turks to bloody each other, then when one is about to crush the other, intervene. Then I thought Russia will back him up to drive out Turkey, though that might take nuking Istanbul. Surely Putin has a better maneuver.

    Did not see the Greece/Cyprus NATO angle.

    What about Iran? Iran has a large Kurdish population itself. It concerns me greatly that Assad is still weak against turkey, and Turkey has surely been trying to bleed away territory to themselves, and has been backing up various extremist Islamic sects in the region, especially Northern Idlib.

    It is in Iran and Turkey's interest the Kurds be split in Syria. But Erdogan is a sick man when it comes to the Kurds.

  14. #12
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    For example about Turkey's sick ways, they were caught on tape trying to plant a false flag and blame it on Syria, to get them fully into the war.
    They were going to shoot some rockets at themselves from the border, hit some holy site, and claim Syria did it.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    very interesting. I was thinking Assad wait for the Kurds and Turks to bloody each other, then when one is about to crush the other, intervene. Then I thought Russia will back him up to drive out Turkey, though that might take nuking Istanbul. Surely Putin has a better maneuver.

    Did not see the Greece/Cyprus NATO angle.
    If Russia attacks Turkey NATO will get involved but they can't if Turkey has already attacked another NATO member, I don't think Putin will have to nuke Istanbul(Constantinople) but may end up liberating it with the help of Greece.


    More likely would be that Erdogan would get thrown out and maybe killed and a new Turkish government would beg for peace to avoid that.

    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    What about Iran? Iran has a large Kurdish population itself.
    I think Iran will make sure Assad stays in power but will do nothing to help the Kurds, what they might do after Erdogan crushes the Kurds I don't know because they work with him and Assad.

    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It concerns me greatly that Assad is still weak against turkey, and Turkey has surely been trying to bleed away territory to themselves, and has been backing up various extremist Islamic sects in the region, especially Northern Idlib.
    I've been expecting Turkey to invade for some time, Assad's military is no match for the much larger Turkish army and Russia can't afford to attack a NATO member so it seemed like the obvious card for the empire to play.
    But Turkey is being run by a madman and his provocations about Cyprus will lead to war with Greece soon and Putin can see it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #14
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Another sick Turk trick was to blow up a bunch of Kurdish radical students at a summer camp, and then blame it on the Kurds, and use it as justification to bomb the Kurds.
    Erdogan is a sick puppy.

    And it really seems the Sunni/Shia split is absolute. Erdogan has been not helpful, to say the least, with Assad's situation. I see no areas where Shia and Sunni have lined up together, except Palestine. In every other inter-Arab conflict, it is globally Sunni vs Shia, with Sunni nations supporting one side, and Shia nations supporting the other.

    Maybe the Russian backed coup will succeed where the American backed coup failed.

  17. #15
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I've been expecting Turkey to invade for some time, Assad's military is no match for the much larger Turkish army and Russia can't afford to attack a NATO member so it seemed like the obvious card for the empire to play.
    But Turkey is being run by a madman and his provocations about Cyprus will lead to war with Greece soon and Putin can see it.
    Turkey buying s-400s was quite a move, so it is truly hard to tell what Erdogan is up to. He also gave up on 100 f-35s in return.
    This means he intends to fight an insurgency that doesn't have radar anyway, and may be willing to go alone. Also why he started cawing about nuclear weapons.

    Those Kurds might prove to be a resilient as the Houthi, especially if they can find themselves Iranian drone and missile technology. Mountain people can be the most brutal fighters. Turks are mountain people too, but invading mountains is way harder than defending.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If Russia attacks Turkey NATO will get involved but they can't if Turkey has already attacked another NATO member, I don't think Putin will have to nuke Istanbul(Constantinople) but may end up liberating it with the help of Greece.


    More likely would be that Erdogan would get thrown out and maybe killed and a new Turkish government would beg for peace to avoid that.


    I think Iran will make sure Assad stays in power but will do nothing to help the Kurds, what they might do after Erdogan crushes the Kurds I don't know because they work with him and Assad.


    I've been expecting Turkey to invade for some time, Assad's military is no match for the much larger Turkish army and Russia can't afford to attack a NATO member so it seemed like the obvious card for the empire to play.
    But Turkey is being run by a madman and his provocations about Cyprus will lead to war with Greece soon and Putin can see it.
    Russia may have to cut the S400s deal.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Did not see the Greece/Cyprus NATO angle.
    Greece/Cyprus is probably why Erdogan wanted Russian SAMs, he may have even discussed it with Putin and thinks Putin will stand by and allow it but Putin is probably just leading him on and will come to the defense of Greece which is also an Orthodox country in addition to helping Syria on that front.
    I wonder if the Russians have a secret kill switch in the military equipment they sell to countries like Turkey....................
    If Turkey goes down Eurabia may explode giving Putin a chance to launch a Crusade to liberate Europe..................
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Russia may have to cut the S400s deal.
    Or activate a kill switch.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  22. #19
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Putin is probably just leading him on and will come to the defense of Greece which is also an Orthodox country in addition to helping Syria on that front.
    The Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox are on alliance level terms?

    Putin, eg Assad, may let Turkey have Northern Syria. Assad still has very little control over them anyway. In his eyes where there were Americans and Kurds, there are now Turks and Kurds. Both are incredibly hostile. That would certainly tempt him to change the territory to Iranians and Kurds, could draw in Iran.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    The Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox are on alliance level terms?
    I know Greece is far more friendly to Russia than the rest of Europe but I was thinking of it mostly as an excuse for war against Turkey and a way to frame it for PR purposes to make Russia the defender of Christianity and Europe.

    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Putin, eg Assad, may let Turkey have Northern Syria. Assad still has very little control over them anyway. In his eyes where there were Americans and Kurds, there are now Turks and Kurds. Both are incredibly hostile. That would certainly tempt him to change the territory to Iranians and Kurds, could draw in Iran.
    That's possible but I don't think Putin really wants a backstabber like Erdogan to keep lobbing bombs in the region and I don't think Iran will oppose Turkey, they need the Turks' help economically to fight US sanctions and they are afraid of their own Kurds wanting to join a new Kurdistan as well as the Kurds in Iraq which is their ally now.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #21
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's possible but I don't think Putin really wants a backstabber like Erdogan to keep lobbing bombs in the region and I don't think Iran will oppose Turkey, they need the Turks' help economically to fight US sanctions and they are afraid of their own Kurds wanting to join a new Kurdistan as well as the Kurds in Iraq which is their ally now.
    Putin will suffer greatly for an ally. Russia has very few of them.

    I don't think anybody is going to interfere, unless Erdogan starts massing in Idlib, which is a very real possibility, since he has troops there already. Assad may let Kurdish areas go, he will not let Idlib go.

    Erdogan prefers an air shield over air power. He is worried about getting bombed more than bombing. He wants an umbrella over his base so he can strike outward without fear of losing it all. But that itself my be a deception, in that this was a pretty recent move, and nothing is truly concrete. He could say tomorrow he wants the F35s and is not buying S400s.

    He may be furious the US is insisting Turkey buy all arms from them, when Patriots have proven to be garbage, especially after risking war with Russia for NATO by shooting down that sukhoi. No way he did that without NATO's approval and assurances.
    Last edited by UWDude; 10-07-2019 at 02:00 AM.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I don't think anybody is going to interfere, unless Erdogan starts massing in Idlib. Assad may let Kurdish areas go, he will not let Idlib go.
    Assad wants every inch of Syria back sooner or later and Turkey wants to nibble its way back to the Ottoman empire.
    Russia really doesn't want to see a reborn Ottoman empire because it has too many muslims in Russia itself and in its backyard.

    This could get interesting fast.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #23
    BEIRUT (AP) — U.S.-backed Kurdish-led forces in Syria say that American troops have begun withdrawing from areas along Turkey's border.

    https://poststar.com/news/world/u-s-...33af0c3f6.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  27. #24
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Assad wants every inch of Syria back sooner or later and Turkey wants to nibble its way back to the Ottoman empire.
    Russia really doesn't want to see a reborn Ottoman empire because it has too many muslims in Russia itself and in its backyard.

    This could get interesting fast.
    Assad may be content with a Kurdish "special zone" that only must align with him in foreign policy.
    If the Syrian kurds could choose an overlord, I think their choice would be Assad.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Assad may be content with a Kurdish "special zone" that only must align with him in foreign policy.
    If the Syrian kurds could choose an overlord, I think their choice would be Assad.
    Erdogan will never agree to that willingly, he would see it as a seedling Kurdistan and he wants to nibble at Syria anyway.
    He will have to forced to agree or removed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Assad may be content with a Kurdish "special zone" that only must align with him in foreign policy.
    If the Syrian kurds could choose an overlord, I think their choice would be Assad.
    I wonder how Iraq will react, they are mad at Turkey for attacking Kurds in their territory already and could reasonably guess that Erdogan will invade and occupy them next.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  32. #28
    Temporary Ban


    Blog Entries
    1
    Posts
    7,094
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I wonder how Iraq will react, they are mad at Turkey for attacking Kurds in their territory already and could reasonably guess that Erdogan will invade and occupy them next.
    Yeah... Iraq, oh boy. Already falling apart again along the sunni/shia rift.
    Then there is Saudi Arabia which will surely fall in crisis soon.

    I actually think this will be the end of Erdogan.
    He will fall from power in Turkey for this.

    Unless he can really do what he is claiming, and resettle 2,000,000 Syrian refugees there, and then leave.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Yeah... Iraq, oh boy. Already falling apart again along the sunni/shia rift.
    Then there is Saudi Arabia which will surely fall in crisis soon.

    I actually think this will be the end of Erdogan.
    He will fall from power in Turkey for this.

    Unless he can really do what he is claiming, and resettle 2,000,000 Syrian refugees there, and then leave.
    Turkey is threatening many so called migrants to the EU.

  34. #30

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2019, 01:14 AM
  2. US forces in Turkey hit ISIS in Syria with rocket fire - envoy
    By Origanalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 11:13 AM
  3. Turkey/US Invade Syria - Hillary Gets 'No-Fly' Zone
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2016, 12:20 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2016, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •