Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkey set to invade Syria; US to remove forces from area

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    The topic of that thread and the information in the article is not the same as this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Turkey is threatening many so called migrants to the EU.
    Turkey is just as guilty as the gulf states, The US and Israel for the war in Syria.
    Half of the Islamist groups in Idlib are Turkey backed and funded.

For Erdogan to be claiming he just wants to resettle the Syrian war refugees he helped create is suspect.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Turkey is set to invade Syria, as the country had been threatening in recent months, with the U.S. saying it will remove all of its forces from the "immediate area," according to the White House.

The news came late Sunday after President Donald Trump spoke to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by phone earlier in the day.

"Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria," the White House said in a statement late Sunday. "The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial 'Caliphate,' will no longer be in the immediate area."

Besides showig bold leadership at at home, MAGA is continuing to raise his stature on globalist stage also with a new global order in mideast to rearrange Syria, Turkey, Israel, Kurdish, Palestinian dynamics. Perhaps not just modern day Abraham Lincoln wrt 'civil war' at home but for civil wars in foreign countries also.

Trump Endorses Turkish Military Operation in Syria, Shifting U.S. Policy

Related

US, Turkey launch joint patrols in planned Syria 'safe zone'

ISIS and Israel attack Syrian Army

What if Sheldon Adelson and AIPAC Gave a War and No One Came?

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/70...ing-help-syria

Israel Has not Targeted ISIS Since their Appearance in Syria

Syria shoots down Israeli warplane as conflict escalates
    Image caption The Israeli F-16 jet crashed near a village in northern Israel
    An Israeli F-16 fighter jet has crashed after being hit by Syrian air defences during an offensive in Syria, the Israeli military says.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43014081

Golan Heights: Israel unveils 'Trump Heights' settlement

Israel seized the Golan from Syria in the 1967 Middle East war. In March, the US became the first country to recognise Israeli sovereignty over the area since Israel effectively annexed it in 1981.

Banned

Blog Entries
    https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...27885841002496

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...27887543894016

I was elected on getting out of these ridiculous endless wars, where our great Military functions as a policing operation to the benefit of people who don’t even like the USA. The two most unhappy countries at this move are Russia & China, because they love seeing us bogged.....
    ....down, watching over a quagmire, & spending big dollars to do so. When I took over, our Military was totally depleted. Now it is stronger than ever before. The endless and ridiculous wars are ENDING! We will be focused on the big picture, knowing we can always go back & BLAST!

Banned

Blog Entries
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...72457811697664
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...72459325800448
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...72462291243008
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...72465772482563
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...72467676565505

The United States was supposed to be in Syria for 30 days, that was many years ago. We stayed and got deeper and deeper into battle with no aim in sight. When I arrived in Washington, ISIS was running rampant in the area. We quickly defeated 100% of the ISIS Caliphate,.....
    ....including capturing thousands of ISIS fighters, mostly from Europe. But Europe did not want them back, they said you keep them USA! I said “NO, we did you a great favor and now you want us to hold them in U.S. prisons at tremendous cost. They are yours for trials.” They.....
    .....again said “NO,” thinking, as usual, that the U.S. is always the “sucker,” on NATO, on Trade, on everything. The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades. I held off this fight for....
    ....almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN. Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to.....
    ...figure the situation out, and what they want to do with the captured ISIS fighters in their “neighborhood.” They all hate ISIS, have been enemies for years. We are 7000 miles away and will crush ISIS again if they come anywhere near us!

I would concede that MAGA frequently shifts his policies on things but nonetheless Sir-Shifts-A-Lot label is counter productive.
    Such a label also does not have same rythmic resonance as 'Shifty Schiff' label that MAGA yesterday applied to Dem Intel Chair and that label was promptly declared 'anti-semitic' by Dem rising star Ocasio-Cortez. Incidentally, Cortez had remained quiet when MAGA's allegedly shifting policies on some domestic issues like 2nd amendment were called a 'fraud' by GOA leader.

I digress but 'shifting' politics is a big story lately.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Lindsey Graham is mad XD
    https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/...81561045172224

I don’t know all the details regarding President Trump’s decision in northern Syria. In process of setting up phone call with Secretary Pompeo. If press reports are accurate this is a disaster in the making.

Liz Cheney calls Trump's Syria move 'a catastrophic mistake'

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...rophic-mistake

Banned

Blog Entries
    https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1181226623699505153

I stand with @realDonaldTrump today as he once again fulfills his promises to stop our endless wars and have a true America First foreign policy.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Amash being retarded on twitter
    https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...44246126419972

1. We shouldn’t have any U.S. forces in Syria without congressional approval. 2. We shouldn’t tell Turkey it’s okay to invade Syria. President Trump is keeping troops in Syria; just moving some. And despite Trump’s Twitter warnings, Turkey would not invade without his go-ahead.
    1. yes
    2. Turkey already invaded Syria without US consent. Turkey has been in Syria from the get-go.

Pulling US troops out of the way of a long threatened Turk invasion is giving a "go-ahead".
    I guess Amash would rather we line up the Marines and tell Turkey NO!

Afrin? Hello? Amash? Anybody home?

Amash needs to pay more attention to the war he is blubbering about but obviously knows nothing about.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Turkey buying s-400s was quite a move, so it is truly hard to tell what Erdogan is up to. He also gave up on 100 f-35s in return.
    This means he intends to fight an insurgency that doesn't have radar anyway, and may be willing to go alone. Also why he started cawing about nuclear weapons.

Those Kurds might prove to be a resilient as the Houthi, especially if they can find themselves Iranian drone and missile technology. Mountain people can be the most brutal fighters. Turks are mountain people too, but invading mountains is way harder than defending.
    What talk is there about nukes? It would be damn foolish if the US still has nukes or advanced weapons in Turkey. Should have been pulling those out long ago.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What talk is there about nukes? It would be damn foolish if the US still has nukes or advanced weapons in Turkey. Should have been pulling those out long ago.
    Erdogan has been talking recently about acquiring nuclear weapons.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1VP2QN

Interesting. Hope US troops actually get removed and come home.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Putting away our purist isolationist and self-centered non-interventionist mindset for a second and embracing bit of globalist interventionist freedom spreading boldness, what is the downside if MAGA sold some weapons and endorsed two enemies of our closest ally to get entangled in a war with each other?

Does anyone really think his top donor invested large sums of maney in MAGA for him to be keep MAGAing at home only and get away completely from globalist interventions?

Flashback:
    Mike Pence rips Turkey. "USA will stand with Israel - our most cherished ally."

Great move President Trump.

Perpetual War mongers head may explode if he ever directly talks with Assad

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Great move President Trump.

Perpetual War mongers head may explode if he ever directly talks with Assad
    I was thinking the same thing.

Getting out of Syria is the right thing to do and he has been talking about it, and oh look at all of the NEOCON attacks and absolutely no surprise that the TDS mental patients here on RPF stay completely silent or afraid to approach the topic head on, instead re-directing the topic to other aspects of our foreign policy.

Ron is not afraid to to praise or criticize when necessary. He is most definitely not suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Like I've been saying, when you're so anti-war, it makes you pro-war because the wrong person is pursuing your ideals. You know who you are.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

Like I've been saying, when you're so anti-war, it makes you pro-war because the wrong person is pursuing your ideals. You know who you are.
    And I am tired of hearing empty promises..

We are not getting out of Syria. That is Bull$hit.

Joyce Karam
    ‏Verified account @Joyce_Karam
    43m43 minutes ago

UPDATE: US - #Syria - Turkey

• US Blocks Turkey from Airspace
    • White House WALKS BACK Trump Withdrawal comment
    • US moving troops away from Turkey path but staying in Syria
    • Mitch McConnell & Pelosi both criticize Trump approach
    Mixed signals.. I believe the correct term is Disinformation.

Would love to see it,, but I doubt it is true.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    And I am tired of hearing empty promises..

We are not getting out of Syria. That is Bull$hit.

Mixed signals.. I believe the correct term is Disinformation.

Would love to see it,, but I doubt it is true.
    We were staying to protect the Kurds, we are no longer protecting the Kurds, we will leave soon.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

...the U.S. saying it will remove all of its forces from the "immediate area," according to the White House.
    Couple of question are in order.

Is just saying it it will do so or will be actually doing it?

How much money taxpayers will save by moving around of troops from one part of Syria to another? What is stopping removing those troops from Syria instaed of "immediate area"?

Trump: 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.'

That didn't take long. No sooner did President Trump vow to remove US troops from Syria, when after a meeting with Defense Secretary Mattis and other advisors resulted in another flip-flop. Like with the recent omnibus budget, he complained but went along with it. Will he pull out in six months as he more recently promised? Don't hold your breath!

Potentially Related

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...'

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Couple of question are in order.

Is just saying it it will do so or will be actually doing it?

How much money taxpayers will save by moving around of troops from one part of Syria to another? What is stopping removing those troops from Syria instaed of "immediate area"?

Trump: 'Just Kidding. We're Staying In Syria.'

Potentially Related

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...'
    Ask Ron:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump on Monday dug in on his decision to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria as Turkey prepares an operation in the region, while members of his own party lined up to criticize the move.
    Speaking to reporters in the Roosevelt Room of the White House, Trump said he has "great respect" for the prominent Republicans who are urging him to reconsider his strategy but that "it's time to come back home."
    "We’ve been there for many, many, many years beyond what we were supposed to be. Not fighting. Just there. Just there. And it’s time to come back home," Trump said in his first public remarks since the shift was announced late Sunday.

"But I can understand the other side of it," he continued. "But if you go by the other side, that means we should never, ever come home."
    The president lamented that the most difficult aspect of his job is writing letters to the families of soldiers killed overseas. He described writing to families of soldiers killed by mines or snipers, calling it "devastating."
    "We’re willing to do what we have to do, but there has to be an endgame," he said. "And if you stay, it’s going to be the same thing. Eventually you’re going to have to leave."

Trump was asked Monday afternoon about the barrage of criticism that rolled in throughout the day from the likes of Graham, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and former Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley, all of whom argued a U.S. retreat could harm relationships with allies and lay the foundation for a resurgence of ISIS.
    He replied that "many people" strongly agree with his viewpoint. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has been among his most vocal cheerleaders, though most Republicans have called on Trump to rethink the move.
    "I respect both opinions," he said. "The problem with the other opinion is when do we leave? When do we leave? We’re going to stay there forever?"
    Trump also insisted he wasn't "siding with anybody" with the decision.
    Asked about the Kurdish fighters, thousands of whom have died fighting alongside U.S. forces in the region and the remainder of whom would be vulnerable without U.S. support, Trump described them as a "natural enemy" of Turkey before arguing against prolonged American involvement.
    Trump had doubled down and defended his strategy throughout the day. In tweets and comments in the Roosevelt Room, he chiefly argued that he campaigned on a pledge to end U.S. involvement in "endless wars" and that American forces should not serve as a global police force.

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...e-to-come-home

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Besides showig bold leadership at at home, MAGA is continuing to raise his stature on globalist stage also with a new global order in mideast to rearrange Syria, Turkey, Israel, Kurdish, Palestinian dynamics. Perhaps not just modern day Abraham Lincoln wrt 'civil war' at home but for civil wars in foreign countries also.

Related

US, Turkey launch joint patrols in planned Syria 'safe zone'

ISIS and Israel attack Syrian Army

What if Sheldon Adelson and AIPAC Gave a War and No One Came?

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/70...ing-help-syria

Israel Has not Targeted ISIS Since their Appearance in Syria

Syria shoots down Israeli warplane as conflict escalates
    Image caption The Israeli F-16 jet crashed near a village in northern Israel
    An Israeli F-16 fighter jet has crashed after being hit by Syrian air defences during an offensive in Syria, the Israeli military says.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43014081

Golan Heights: Israel unveils 'Trump Heights' settlement

Israel seized the Golan from Syria in the 1967 Middle East war. In March, the US became the first country to recognise Israeli sovereignty over the area since Israel effectively annexed it in 1981.

That wasn't a war, Israel went in by force just like Hitler and robbed the land.
    You'd think Israel would want to learn from Hitler's mistakes, they just keep repeating them.

Today's MSM talking point : Trump is abandoning our allies

MSM, Neocons, establishment all attacking him.

And on RPF? Orange man bad

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Today's MSM talking point : Trump is abandoning our allies

MSM, Neocons, establishment all attacking him.

And on RPF? Orange man bad

“In my great and unmatched wisdom”.

How do you jokers defend him at all? Regardless of the Syria situation.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post

"Orange Man BAD!" is all you've got.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-my-...170430952.html

Hours after announcing his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria — provoking alarm and outrage among foreign policy experts, Republican officials and right-wing commentators who warn it could empower ISIS in the region — President Trump on Monday defended the move as an expression of his “great and unmatched wisdom.” He coupled it with a warning that he’d “totally destroy and obliterate” the economy of Turkey if he’s unhappy with how the country carries out its planned assault on Kurdish fighters.
    “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!),” the president tweeted. “They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families.
    “The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate,” Trump added. “It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!”

Zigs, no! Zags!. Crazy Ivan! Dam, someone got any ideas wth is going on?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post

Did you dig out your sock puppet to clean it after all those lonely nights, or were you just going to have to use it again?
    If you squint real hard, it looks like a real poster.

Probably going to move some US troops to E Syria where oil & gas $$ are controlled,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast